hgl

Divorced in US but marriage not annuled in Philippines

27 posts in this topic

Get married in a third country. This seemed easiest to me. Don't know if it accually is or not. Report the marriage to the embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over the place the marriage took place.

A quick note: getting married in a third country would likely not be a valid option, because he would need approval from the Philippine embassy, which would not recognize his divorce.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, get the US citizenship and apply for k1 visa after meeting your fiancee of course. my husband had same case as you do. married as LPR with his ex. petitioned them (with children) and then got divorced. became US citizen, petitioned me as K1. got approved. Good luck.

THis is very close to my question. Im just curios how did you make it with CFO? Did they asked for you husband CENOMAR since he was a married in the Philippines before went to US as green card holder?

Edited by hgl

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

THis is very close to my question. Im just curios how did you make it with CFO? Did they asked for you husband CENOMAR since he was a married in the Philippines before went to US as green card holder?

To answer your question no they didn't ask me CENOMAR of my husband. only the divorce decree from the US. My husband's exwife is already a US citizen now too. And had petitioned her second husband from the Phils too before me.

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Timeline

To answer your question no they didn't ask me CENOMAR of my husband. only the divorce decree from the US. My husband's exwife is already a US citizen now too. And had petitioned her second husband from the Phils too before me.

So, both your husband and his ex wife married in the philippines years ago got their fiancees after their citizenship.

thanks!

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Hi renecherubs. I just want to asked, did you report your marriage to Phil consulate? I am also in the same situation. Like what others did, I also wanted to report our marriage but the problem is that my husband is married in Philippines before. Thank you.

yes, get the US citizenship and apply for k1 visa after meeting your fiancee of course. my husband had same case as you do. married as LPR with his ex. petitioned them (with children) and then got divorced. became US citizen, petitioned me as K1. got approved. Good luck.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Timeline

Its been 5 long years since I started this post in 2014. 

It took a awhile to find this buried through the years.

I become a US citizen last 11/21/19 and got my US passport last 12/16/19.

My next step is the K1 visa.

Timeline
10 hours ago, hgl said:

Its been 5 long years since I started this post in 2014. 

It took a awhile to find this buried through the years.

I become a US citizen last 11/21/19 and got my US passport last 12/16/19.

My next step is the K1 visa.

Outstanding!   Congrats on your USC.

Here is a link for the I-129F petition process, it leans towards the Philippines with the info  ;)  

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html

Hope all move smoothly and quickly for you now.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Outstanding!   Congrats on your USC.

Here is a link for the I-129F petition process, it leans towards the Philippines with the info  ;)  

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html

Hope all move smoothly and quickly for you now.

Hey man,

thanks for still being around and helping after all these years.

I think when I made this thread back in 2014 I was still waiting for my green card. But in the same year, the GC arrived and was able to meet my GF.

We have been keeping receipts of packages sent from US, flowers deliveries, photos, mails, etc. in the past 5 years for K1.

All the best to you in the new year! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/31/2019 at 4:40 AM, hgl said:

Hey man,

thanks for still being around and helping after all these years.

I think when I made this thread back in 2014 I was still waiting for my green card. But in the same year, the GC arrived and was able to meet my GF.

We have been keeping receipts of packages sent from US, flowers deliveries, photos, mails, etc. in the past 5 years for K1.

All the best to you in the new year! 

Congrats on the USC.  Glad you'll be able to move forward now but do remember that for K-1 there is a requirement that the two of you have met in person in the two years before you file the form so if it's been a long time since you saw each other face to face you should schedule a trip to the Philippines or even a 3rd Country to meet the requirement.

Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 10:20 PM, JE57 said:

Congrats on the USC.  Glad you'll be able to move forward now but do remember that for K-1 there is a requirement that the two of you have met in person in the two years before you file the form so if it's been a long time since you saw each other face to face you should schedule a trip to the Philippines or even a 3rd Country to meet the requirement.

Thanks for your input.

I go home to PH and  meet my fiancée every year since 2014. Except last year, 2019, I did not because I was waiting for my naturalization interview and oath. 

I just got my US passport last December 2019. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.