roynga

NOA2. Now what ?

6 posts in this topic

Ok we have gotten our NOA2 and one are looking for a very simple timeline as to when things can happen . This includes filling out application, having medical done and scheduling interview. When can these things be done ? I have seen many different timelines by folks and they are all over the board so i am confused . Any help is appreciated . I know we are close just do not know how close .

By the way our visa is going through Manila .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my NOA2 too (yesterday). You need to wait until your case is sent to your beneficiary's consulate. They will send your beneficiary an envelop with instructions. Do not schedule the medical exam yet. This can be done once you have your interview date.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Ok we have gotten our NOA2 and one are looking for a very simple timeline as to when things can happen . This includes filling out application, having medical done and scheduling interview. When can these things be done ? I have seen many different timelines by folks and they are all over the board so i am confused . Any help is appreciated . I know we are close just do not know how close .

By the way our visa is going through Manila .

Congrats on your NOA2! :dancing:

K1 flowchart here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

NOA2 is Step #4, and next would be NVC, where it can take approximately 2-5 weeks for processing. You can also try contacting NVC for the MNL case number after 10 business days from when you receive your NOA2 hard copy: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc/nvc-contact-information.html

NVC will also be sending you a letter containing the MNL# and informing you that your files are then en route to the consulate. Once you have the MNL#, your fiancee can then proceed to paying the visa application fee ($240), and then schedule her embassy interview appointment. The payment details and other instructions are in the US embassy Manila website.

Be mindful that each consulate has slightly different procedures and timeline. In Manila, the medical should be done at least a week before the interview date.

For other embassy phase concerns, here's the PH regional subforum link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ sweet cakes- I read your comments above you mention $240 for visa application fee..I read some topics before that $240 is for medical fee and another $250 for the visa fee.

I'm thinking maybe you forgot about the $250 payment.

I just received our NOA2, and I'm now gathering more information for our application.

Hope anybody there can give additional info...

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. I found this website about a k1 visa blog. U can check this one out as it is very detailed and the writer gives step by step process based on us embassy websites and her k1 visa experience. Website is. Www.mrspresson.com

U can call nvr for ur case number

once u have it u can pay for the visa fee without having to wait for packet 3 (this only applies in the philippines, other countries needed to wait)

Visa fee is $240. U can pay it thru bpi or bancnet online or thru bpi branch.

try viting this site as well, it provides a step by step process in paying ur visa.

Www.ustraveldocs.com.ph for manila

www ustraveldocs.com for other countries

I mean u can call NVC =) good luck =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.