613 posts in this topic

I suggest u call after 2 weeks like every other day and ask for MNL# and dont forget to ask ur Invoice# as they dont usually give if u dont ask for it... ull need those 2 numbers to sign in on CEAC goodluck ;)

I'm just confused coz you told me to call NVC after two weeks.. you mean two week after the NVC has our approved petition or 2 weeks after we got our I-130 approved...coz in the other group that I'm a member of they told me that it would take 2-3 or sometimes 5 months to get MNL and IIN number...which is very ridiculous.. is that true? :(

JOURNEYI-130 STAGE Vermont Service Center

• 07-12-2014: I-130 Sent
  • 07-21-2014: NOA1
  • 11-12-2014: NOA2 (email & SMS notification----114 days from our NOA1 or 3 months 3 weeks and 1 day of waiting
  • 11-17-2014: NOA2 Hardcopy: (5 days after Email and SMS notification).

NATIONAL VISA CENTER STAGE

• 12-01-2014: NVC received
  • 01-06-2015: Case Number Assigned
  • 01-06-2015: Invoice Identification Number
  • 01-07-2015: D-S261 Completed
  • 01-10-2015: Received DS-261/AOS Bill
  • 03-23-2015: Pay AOS Bill
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Received I-864 Package
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Send AOS Package
  • 03-09-2015: Receive IV Bill
  • 03-23-2015: Pay IV Bill
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Send IV Package
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Received Instruction and Interview Appointment Letter
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Case Complete at NVC
  • XXXXXXXXXX: NVC Left
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Consulate Received
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Packet 3 Received

event.png event.pngevent.png <p>

I'm just confused coz you told me to call NVC after two weeks.. you mean two week after the NVC has our approved petition or 2 weeks after we got our I-130 approved...coz in the other group that I'm a member of they told me that it would take 2-3 or sometimes 5 months to get MNL and IIN number...which is very ridiculous.. is that true? :(

After i got my I-130 approval i start calling NVC after 2 weeks... and after a week of calling they finally gave our MNL# and ivoice ID... and i signed in to ceac right away and filled out the DS-261.

NVC Will send mail to beneficiary (snail mail) its an instruction of how to prepare ur docs.... but dont wait for that or else ull gonna wait forever.

After i got my I-130 approval i start calling NVC after 2 weeks... and after a week of calling they finally gave our MNL# and ivoice ID... and i signed in to ceac right away and filled out the DS-261.

NVC Will send mail to beneficiary (snail mail) its an instruction of how to prepare ur docs.... but dont wait for that or else ull gonna wait forever.

Yeah I remember what you told me..they told me call NVC for case number after a month or two...because I am CR1 and they are Ks...sooo I got so confused...thank you :) I feel better now after hearing it from you AGAIN YAY :D

• 11-12-2014: NOA2 (email & SMS notification----114 days from our NOA1 or 3 months 3 weeks and 1 day of waiting

Yeah I remember what you told me..they told me call NVC for case number after a month or two...because I am CR1 and they are Ks...sooo I got so confused...thank you :) I feel better now after hearing it from you AGAIN YAY :D

No probs ;)

No probs ;)

I need to bother you again ...hehehe I apologize..I was reading about AOS and IV package..what to do and what not...so everyone gave their opinion and all...I just want to ask you when did you send the AOS package? did you send it along with IV package after you paid AOS bill? or you have waited to complete and paid IV bill before you send the entire package..? Coz I'm a bit confuse of how they do it. Some says you have to send them separately however other says it's good to send both AOS+IV package all at once.. and to be more specific and make it clear to my end. Basically from what I have understood. AOS package contains of the financial docs, the bar coded letter, pay stubs (all about financial things).. and IV contains BC, MC, Police clearance, passport photocopy (is it both beneficiary and petitioner?), do we need to include conversations, and photos too? And lastly, if we happen to send both AOS and IV packages at once do we have to put them in folder separately? or is there any special instructions for the envelope or whatever? :) I know I already sound annoying, but if you could help me, rest assured it will highly be appreciated :) Thank you soooo much. :)

I need to bother you again ...hehehe I apologize..I was reading about AOS and IV package..what to do and what not...so everyone gave their opinion and all...I just want to ask you when did you send the AOS package? did you send it along with IV package after you paid AOS bill? or you have waited to complete and paid IV bill before you send the entire package..? Coz I'm a bit confuse of how they do it. Some says you have to send them separately however other says it's good to send both AOS+IV package all at once.. and to be more specific and make it clear to my end. Basically from what I have understood. AOS package contains of the financial docs, the bar coded letter, pay stubs (all about financial things).. and IV contains BC, MC, Police clearance, passport photocopy (is it both beneficiary and petitioner?), do we need to include conversations, and photos too? And lastly, if we happen to send both AOS and IV packages at once do we have to put them in folder separately? or is there any special instructions for the envelope or whatever? :) I know I already sound annoying, but if you could help me, rest assured it will highly be appreciated :) Thank you soooo much. :)

We put them in separate manila envelope with label.. and send both packages together after completing AOS and IV bills...

Yes AOS is about affidavit of support and other financial evidence.. while IV is about civil documents (bc, mc, pc etc.) of beneficiary. No u dont need to include conversations and photos.

Also please read sylins wiki for info.. it will guide you step by step through out NVC process. Goodluck!:)

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

We put them in separate manila envelope with label.. and send both packages together after completing AOS and IV bills...

Yes AOS is about affidavit of support and other financial evidence.. while IV is about civil documents (bc, mc, pc etc.) of beneficiary. No u dont need to include conversations and photos.

Also please read sylins wiki for info.. it will guide you step by step through out NVC process. Goodluck! :)

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Thank you so much Rayselle for the non-stop response and take time to quoteback the info. We just got our NOA2 hardcopy yesterday....Looking forward to get our MNL and IIN.. i have planned of calling them nextweek but I just reschedule it coz Thanksgiving is fast approaching. Maybe I will start calling them on December 2nd :D we are soooooo halfway there... wooot wooot

Yeah I know some who have the same issue as yours. It's been a week. It might be fixed this week

Thank you so much Rayselle for the non-stop response and take time to quoteback the info. We just got our NOA2 hardcopy yesterday....Looking forward to get our MNL and IIN.. i have planned of calling them nextweek but I just reschedule it coz Thanksgiving is fast approaching. Maybe I will start calling them on December 2nd :D we are soooooo halfway there... wooot wooot

No probs :) ive been there too and i know how hard and confusing stuff when ur just starting the nvc stage.. so goodluck! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys, I am still getting the validation errors on the USCIS page...Is the error reported previously on this forum is resolved... anyone has any info on this...

I am still getting the same error also. The people I have talked to just keep saying the same thing that it is because of the updates they did to the site.

Hi! Our case was already sent to nvc last October 2 (per uscis website). Until now, we have trouble contacting the nvc. Either my husband is asked to wait for an hour or he can't really contact at all. Anyone has the same problem?

Hi! Our case was already sent to nvc last October 2 (per uscis website). Until now, we have trouble contacting the nvc. Either my husband is asked to wait for an hour or he can't really contact at all. Anyone has the same problem?

I called NVC last night and they told me that usually it takes 35-40 days for them to have your papers on hand.

I called NVC last night and they told me that usually it takes 35-40 days for them to have your papers on hand.

They told my husband the same thing but we didn't stop calling nvc til they finally gave us our case# and IIN and it didnt take a month or so... so just keep calling every other day.. gudluck!

You just have to be patient when calling nvc and the best time to call is 7am to 10am USA time. Gudluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.