froschundblumen

Changing Address Shortly After Filing for AOS

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Visajourney,

I'm putting the final touches on my AOS package and have a question about change of address.

My husband and I will be moving at the end of August. We have signed a lease. Should I include this information when filing for AOS or do I have to wait until we move and then notify USCIS?

My thinking is that it would be convenient to just let them know now, but I'm not sure if there is an official way to do that.

Thank you for your thoughts on this!

AOS

August 26, 2014: NOA1

September 16, 2014: RFE for further evidence of Joint Sponsor's current income

September 24, 2014: RFE response recieved

September 24, 2014: Biometrics taken At Detroit, MI

September 25, 2014: Status changed to "Request For Evidence Response Review"

October 9, 2014: I 485 changed to "Testing and Interview"

October 9, 2014: EAD changed to "Card/Document Production"

October 9, 2014: AP changed to "Post Decision Activity"

October 18, 2014: EAD and AP arrive in the mail!

October 23, 2014: Got a Job! - My very first American job! Yay!

January 14, 2015: AOS interview

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

There is a COA form on-line and it has gotten more reliable in recent years. It is still however a cause of problems with notices going to the wrong place. If you aren't in a great rush, and since the package isn't even ready for filing, I'd consider filing it when you get to the new address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

If you hurry up and send off your packet, you will get your BIOMETRICS appointment letter before you move. The date of the appointment will be around the beginning of September but you can complete a walk in to the USCIS center before you move. Most people have NO ISSUES when doing this, to include my Wife.

And once you move, go online to submit your change of address by going here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

Also make sure you click YES for the very first question (Is this change of address for an application or petition currently in progress?).

I unfortunatley made the mistake of clicking no and entered in my receipt number for her I-765 and had my interview scheduled for our old address's field office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.