4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Well my interview is on the 21st.I was wondering how did you guys organize your big pile of proof of relationship evidence. So far I have one big divided folder, one photo album, and a nikey box. Also when you go in for the interview who do they ask questions to first?

Thanks for your info,

Lissa

N-400

10/26/09 Sent application to Lewisville TX.

10/27/09 Rec'd Application signed by B. Conteh

10/29/09 Check cashed

11/02/09 Rec'd NOA date showing 10/29/09

11/09/09 Rec'd letter Bio Appointment

11/17/09 Bio Appointment 8am

11/20/09 Called FBI-Prints were sent back to USCIS same day.

12/03/09 Rec'd email from USCIS that the RFE was a mistake.

12/04/09 Rec'd email from USCIS saying that I have been transferred for an interview.

12/07/09 Rec'd letter for interview on 1/11/10 @11am in Fairfax, VA.

01/11/10 Interview completed. Passed test decision can't be made.

03/02/10 Contacted Senator's office...No reply yet!

03/04/10 Senator office called says can take up to 120 days.

04/12/10 Service request filed.

05/12/10 Contacted Senator's office again.

05/12/10 Told over the phone that I was approved. Believe it when I see it!

06/04/10 Senators office tells me the adjudicator who interviewed me thinks I have a criminal record. Send out all paper work showing no criminal record.

06/08/10 Leave for Canada

06/09/10 Get RCMP certificate showing no criminal record. Fax off to senators office.

06/23/10 Approved for Citizenship

06/24/10 USCIS contacts Senators office

06/28/10 Find out that I have been approved for citizenship and they are just waiting to schedule my oath.

07/12/10 Put in line for oath ceremony....wonder how long that will be!

08/18/10 Called USCIS confirmed they sent oath letter for 09/17/2010 at 9am.

09/17/10 Oath ceremony at 9am..... US Citizen!!!! Applied for passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi Guys,

Well my interview is on the 21st.I was wondering how did you guys organize your big pile of proof of relationship evidence. So far I have one big divided folder, one photo album, and a nikey box. Also when you go in for the interview who do they ask questions to first?

Thanks for your info,

Lissa

I used a three ring binder, with plastic sleeves and tabs (one for birth certificates, one for proof of joint address etc). Except for the swearing in I (the USC) was not asked anything, except informal chit chat from the interviewer (about our respective govt jobs).

good luck...

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

It doesn't matter how you organize it, as long as you know where to find everything. The interviewer will probably ask you for certain items (e.g. "do you have joint insurance?"), and then you have to locate it and give it to them. They don't usually look through your binder themselves.

There's no set order for how the interview will go, it depends on your officer and how they feel like proceeding. In our interview she would look at me (USC) and ask, "Where is his (DH's) place of birth?" Then she would look at him and ask, "When's her birthday?" She didn't alternate exactly but she did ask both of us questions. But that's just how our interview went; I imagine every interview is different.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband had ours very organized, he took the 'checklist' they gave us and he put alpha letters beside each item requested. Then he had large manilla enevelopes and alpha'd those according to the sheet. Each time the girl asked for something he quickly got it for her. she said it was great how he was so organized and it all went real quick.

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.