CHICAGO N-400 procesing time

99 posts in this topic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations Lisa!!! What an awesome week for you! If you need any advice on baby stuff let me know ;)

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Wow, big week for you Lisa! Congratulations on everything! :-)

Completely agree on your note about the forum - its such a great source of information and everyone is so supportive.

Timeline

Today I got the email/text saying my interview has been scheduled!

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Timeline

My interview will be October 7th! Starting to get nervous!

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Yay Lisa!

Had my interview this morning and passed! :-) Have to admit I was nervous as hell but as long as you have been truthful on your application and have studied the booklet all is fine!

My experience is below:

I arrived at 8am for an 8.30am appt – checked in and was given a buzzer. The officer came to collect me around 8.20am and was completely done by 8.50am which would have been quicker had we not have spent so much time talking about traveling and other random stuff. She was a really nice immigration officer and put me right at ease. She joked with me that she still had to make me take the written and verbal English test even though I'm British and have never spoken a language other than English. Which is completely besides the point but wanted to let you know that you can get nice, friendly IO's.

She only asked to see my green card and State ID but not my passport or social security which I had with me anyway.

I can't remember all of the questions but I was only asked six and the ones I can remember are below:

Who is the chief justice?

How many members in the House of Representatives?

How long is a US Representative elected for?

What month do we vote for the President?

Best of luck to everyone! Now just waiting for my oath letter – keeping fingers crossed its sooner rather than later!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi, can someone tell me there are restrictions on carrying cellphone/bag (folder/bag with all the documents) with us? My interview is on monday. I am taking the train to chicago and won't have any place to leave the phone unless they have some sort of lockers there?!

Edited by JinyAndJony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I also took the blue line when I took my interview last Monday in Chicago. It was very convenient. You can carry your bag/cellphone with you. Good luck with your interview.

Filed: Timeline

Hi All, I had interview last week and I passed. I was really nervous. So, I arrived there more than 2 hrs earlier than appointment time. IO called my number around 45 mins earlier than appointment time. She was very nice and professional. She asked me about my passport, GC and DL. She started Civics and English test. I passed both. Then she went through my application Name, name change, address, employer, prior marriages, children, trip out side US and all Yes/No questions. She particular ask me what my wife does and where she works. All went very smooth. She ask me to sign on my photos and in application. Then she hand me letter ... Congratulation recommend for approval. I think interview was finished within 20 mins. It was very smooth interview.

Civics questions:

1. commander chief of us military

2. What are the two major political parties in the United States?

3. What is the political party of the President now?

4. There were 13 original states. Name three.

5. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

6. Name one state that borders Mexico.

Thanks all for helping on the forum.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I also took the blue line when I took my interview last Monday in Chicago. It was very convenient. You can carry your bag/cellphone with you. Good luck with your interview.

thank you for that! Also..did you get info on oath yet?

Filed: Timeline

Hey, just to keep you updated my oath is on 7th October so exactly two weeks after my interview.

Hi carly , When did you receive letter for oath? Is you case status updated online? When?

I gave interview last Monday and passed... Still my status not updated online nor receive any letter.

My oath ceremony is on October 7 at 1 PM.

Hi Cheryl, When did you receive letter for oath? Is you case status updated online? When?

I gave interview last Monday and passed... Still my status not updated online nor receive any letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.