James&Edlie

TB Treatment

38 posts in this topic

She went in Nov 2013 and was told to come back, she had to return home because of the plane tickets being unable to be refunded or changed because they were on promo. She returned in Feb 2014 for the sputum, they contacted her to come for the results in Apr 2014. She tested positive for TB, but not her son. We were finally able to get her to Manila so she can go to St Lukes to start the treatment for TB. The time I am refering to is the window for us to get her past this and finish the visa process.

Based on the whole story I have to agree with Hank. Contact the Embassy to see what your options are.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

My assumption is that since she hasn't completed her treatment yet, her medical is still not closed so the countdown hasn't started yet. Doesn't the 6mo window start once the medical is completed? In any case, clarifying with the embassy is your best bet

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My assumption is that since she hasn't completed her treatment yet, her medical is still not closed so the countdown hasn't started yet. Doesn't the 6mo window start once the medical is completed? In any case, clarifying with the embassy is your best bet

Very bad to A$$-U-ME . ;)

The countdown they are dealing with is for the validity of the initial petition, not the visa itself, and that year will be up very soon.

On the medical note, she started the medical back in November, 6 months has passed ... it is toast. The 6 month clock starts the day you start the medical; which is why those that need to complete the sputum test only have about 3 months remaining, not 6 months.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Then what about those who undergo tb treatment for 6mos? The clock runs out on them?

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bringing old x-rays won't help, SLEC will go by their x-rays and if they feel the need to test the sputum will be next. Sputum test is 8 weeks. Three day test is the initial skin test for children.

as I said, bringing your old xray and clearance from your doctor wil. prevent you from taking 6mos of medication. they will compare your old xray to the new one. I didn't say that you will never have your xray in slec. you will still have to undero xray and sputum test for 3 days, and wait for 2 mos. atleast not 6mos!

Edited by hotmom17

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

July 31 --- USCIS received

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Oct 16 PAID status for AOS Nov 1 IV Fee invoice and Pay

Nov 3 AOS and IV Package Sent

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Feb 5 - Interview @ 615 am (cancelled due to sputum test)

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

April 17 interview @ US Embassy - PASSED

June 30 TOUCHDOWN NY WITH ME AND MY KIDS....

Timeline

as I said, bringing your old xray and clearance from your doctor wil. prevent you from taking 6mos of medication. they will compare your old xray to the new one. I didn't say that you will never have your xray in slec. you will still have to undero xray and sputum test for 3 days, and wait for 2 mos. atleast not 6mos!

No bringing old x-rays does not help to prevent taking 6 mos of medication. If x-rays at SLEC indicate the need for taking the sputum test then at the end of that 2 month test your results from the sputum test determine whether you will have to do the DOT for 6 months, not old x-rays.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

hotmom17, on 15 Jul 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:hotmom17, on 15 Jul 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

SLEC has the best update and current equipment to complete the necessary X-rays that the Doctors will be able to ascertain whether there is TB or not and or if the Sputum test is needed. They will make the decision on THIER X-rays not the X-rays from equipment that is outdated and not of the quality of the SLEC. This is the mandated procedure and equipment that SLEC must use as required by USEM. There just is no way of getting around SLEC's procedures.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok , im just saying this based on experience.

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

July 31 --- USCIS received

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Oct 16 PAID status for AOS Nov 1 IV Fee invoice and Pay

Nov 3 AOS and IV Package Sent

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Feb 5 - Interview @ 615 am (cancelled due to sputum test)

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

April 17 interview @ US Embassy - PASSED

June 30 TOUCHDOWN NY WITH ME AND MY KIDS....

Timeline

If you didn't have to complete the DOT process it wasn't because you brought your old x-rays, it was 1) nothing showed up on the x-ray at SLEC, 2) something showed up on the x-ray but your 2 month sputum test was negative.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am wondering.. if youre already having medication for TB, 3 months before the medical exam, will they still let you finish your medication before proceeding your interview? Or they'll consider it and lets you proceed to your interview date?

Thanks.

Timeline

Hi, I am wondering.. if youre already having medication for TB, 3 months before the medical exam, will they still let you finish your medication before proceeding your interview? Or they'll consider it and lets you proceed to your interview date?

Thanks.

You are taking medication for TB through your own doctor?

SLEC is required to meet the guidelines of CDC, which if the sputum test results is positive for TB requires them to administer the medication. I don't know how they will respond to your already taking medication, as CDC requires Direct Observation Therapy.. meaning they need to see you take the medication.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are taking medication for TB through your own doctor?

SLEC is required to meet the guidelines of CDC, which if the sputum test results is positive for TB requires them to administer the medication. I don't know how they will respond to your already taking medication, as CDC requires Direct Observation Therapy.. meaning they need to see you take the medication.

Hi! Yes I am, its going to be my 3rd month of medication before my actual medical exam in SLEC. :( Guess my interview will be delay then.

Timeline

Did you know about the TB testing at SLEC before you started this process with your doctor?

One thing I read all the time is the absolute need to take all the medication for the whole 6 months, without fail. To do otherwise can lead to developing a strain of TB resistant to that medication.

For sure talk to the doctors at SLEC about this.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Yes I am, its going to be my 3rd month of medication before my actual medical exam in SLEC. :( Guess my interview will be delay then.

why not just finish the three months before going to your medical....what was ur noa2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.