Mrs-Belle

AOS processed in Nebraska?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

So, I am a little confused. I received my NOA1 for the Adjustment of status/EAD/AP last night. The ones for EAD and AP show an acceptance date of 06/27/2014. But, the one for the Adj of Status shows 06/30/2014. The one for adjustment of status also states that it will be processed at the Nebraska Service Center. I have looked and looked and I do not see anybody with this service center listed. Does anyone know if this is a service center that normally processes these applications? And why are the acceptance or NOA1 dates different for the forms?

Thanks for any information in advance! :)

s-event.pngs-event.png

s-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Mrs-Belle,

I have the same NOA1 situation. The dates are different for the forms for AOS/EAD although they were received by Uscis on the same dates. Also they were forwarded to Nebraska, which seem normal lately, seeing from other posts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same thing here. I131 & I765 accepted June 26th. I485 accepted June27th at Nebraska service center. I live in Dallas, Texas. I'm really hoping that this is a good thing to get it processed faster...... Good luck to us!

Anybody know why it is happening this way?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just recently the AOS cases have been being sent to Nebraska. There are posts here in the Case Filing and Progress Reports forum about it.

It is most likely a good thing. There has been a slow down and apparent backlog at the NBC for those being approved without an interview. This recent change has not been announced yet on the USCIS website.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Case Filing and Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is filing/case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Same for me and my friends in May filers thread ^^

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

USCIS received my application for AOS on 24 June and my case was transferred to Nebraska center as well. but today my case status changed to the following

On July 8, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

​it was in acceptance stage and now it says initial stage

is everything alright with me case?? Thank You

Timeline

Did you file a change of address? That update is saying your address change was updated in the system.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Then perhaps someone made a mistake and put the wrong update on your case. It happens. The online updates can be unreliable.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Timeline

You can call and ask about the update just to see what they tell you. Let them know you never put in a change of address. You will need to speak to a tier 2 immigration officer though. The customer service reps that answer the phone can see your case info details.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.