ChrisFurlough

Got 221-g, need to send documents to embassy from the US.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I DO that? or do I have to send to the fiance, and let HER send them via 2Go?

You have to send them to your fiancee she has to send them through 2GO , follow the instructions exactly in the 221g (make a copy of the 221g for your records)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there any such thing as a "typical processing time" for the 221g data once received by the USEM? My situation is, they received it on July 25th, and there was some activity on the case. (The date updated). And then there was more activity on Monday the 28th, and nothing since. YES, I know about the technical issue, and realize that this could COMPLETELY be the cause of the holdup. But, I'm just curious if there is a "typical" time post 221g request satisfaction.

ANOTHER question since I have you all here. Does the USEM usually ask for everything they think they'll need at once? Or do they piece it out? Meaning, if the provided documentation satisfies the cause of the 221g, are they LIKELY to ask for something else? Or is this a case of "Everything else looks good, but you're missing this one thing"?

And lastly, is there any truth to the "They kept your passport when they gave you the 221g, that's a good sign!" claims?

Timeline

Is there any such thing as a "typical processing time" for the 221g data once received by the USEM? My situation is, they received it on July 25th, and there was some activity on the case. (The date updated). And then there was more activity on Monday the 28th, and nothing since. YES, I know about the technical issue, and realize that this could COMPLETELY be the cause of the holdup. But, I'm just curious if there is a "typical" time post 221g request satisfaction.

ANOTHER question since I have you all here. Does the USEM usually ask for everything they think they'll need at once? Or do they piece it out? Meaning, if the provided documentation satisfies the cause of the 221g, are they LIKELY to ask for something else? Or is this a case of "Everything else looks good, but you're missing this one thing"?

And lastly, is there any truth to the "They kept your passport when they gave you the 221g, that's a good sign!" claims?

No, there is not a typical time for completion of the visa approval after receiving the requested documents with a 221g, two weeks, two months, no one can actually say, and with the latest computer glitch the wait could be even longer.

As for your 2nd question, no the embassy does not normally ask for anything else later. You satisfy the 221g, then wait ... all should be fine.

It is always a good sign if they kept the passport... always.

And this is why it is always good to avoid lacking documentation, the added delay from the 221g can drag out sometimes.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

OK, ANOTHER issue has come up. Milane's medical could expire during the wait. She's already had her interview, and we've supplied the required documentation to satisfy the 221g. Does this matter? Will she had to have another medical?

Thanks!

Timeline

OK, ANOTHER issue has come up. Milane's medical could expire during the wait. She's already had her interview, and we've supplied the required documentation to satisfy the 221g. Does this matter? Will she had to have another medical?

Thanks!

I would make contact with the embassy on this, it may entice them to get things moving quickly. They should be able to answer your other questions also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I have received a 221 g from the embassy right after my interview about NBI clearance of a.k.a. Anna Marie Valerie Vejunco Villa Yamagi and had sent it to 2GO last. Sept. 11, 2014. I was interviewed last Sept. 8, 2014. Now my status is still A/P. My questions are : Am I approved since my passport is still with the embassy and how long do I have to wait for my visa and passport? Please help. Thanks.

Timeline

OK, ANOTHER issue is my medical could expire during the wait. Medical will expire on Nov. 26, 2014 I already had my interview, Sept. 8 and I supplied the required documentation to satisfy the 221g. Does this matter?

Timeline

OK, ANOTHER issue is my medical could expire during the wait. Medical will expire on Nov. 26, 2014 I already had my interview, Sept. 8 and I supplied the required documentation to satisfy the 221g. Does this matter? I saw my status in CEAC : Ready

Application ID or Case Number: MNLxxxxxxxxxx xx MNL Case Creation Date: 17-Sep-2014 Status Updated Date: 17-Sep-2014

Your case is open. Please check your status after two business days via the CEAC launch page athttps://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.
What does this mean?

Timeline

I have received a 221 g from the embassy right after my interview about NBI clearance of a.k.a. Anna Marie Valerie Vejunco Villa Yamagi and had sent it to 2GO last. Sept. 11, 2014. I was interviewed last Sept. 8, 2014. Now my status is still A/P. My questions are : Am I approved since my passport is still with the embassy and how long do I have to wait for my visa and passport? Please help. Thanks.

After USEM receives the requested documents it can still takes time for it to get matched up with your case file (weeks sometimes). Missing documents at the interview can add weeks to the wait for final approval.

Your passport still at the embassy only means you were not denied. Approved hasn't happened until you see the status change to ISSUED on the CEAC website or the USTRAVELDOCS site.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks Hank! OK, ANOTHER issue is my medical could expire during the wait. Medical will expire on Nov. 26, 2014 I already had my interview, Sept. 8 and I supplied the required documentation to satisfy the 221g. Does this matter? I saw my status in CEAC : Ready

Application ID or Case Number: MNLxxxxxxxxxx xx MNL Case Creation Date: 17-Sep-2014 Status Updated Date: 17-Sep-2014

Your case is open. Please check your status after two business days via the CEAC launch page athttps://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.
What does this mean? Please let help. thanks. :yes:

Timeline

Thanks Hank! OK, ANOTHER issue is my medical could expire during the wait. Medical will expire on Nov. 26, 2014 I already had my interview, Sept. 8 and I supplied the required documentation to satisfy the 221g. Does this matter? I saw my status in CEAC : Ready

What does this mean? Please let help. thanks. :yes:

Yes the medical date matters (the visa validity is tied to that date), if it does become a factor the embassy will very likely contact you to make sure you can complete your travels quickly. Worse case if they don't get things approved before the medical expires you will have complete a new medical.

You still have two months, you may be just fine.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.