Collie

Passport still not received?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My parents interview in London was 2 weeks ago and they still haven't got their passports back - is this a normal time frame? I was under the impression that it would be 7-10 days?

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

My parents interview in London was 2 weeks ago and they still haven't got their passports back - is this a normal time frame? I was under the impression that it would be 7-10 days?

I believe it is counted by working days. So 10 working days/2 weeks is going into what I would call overdue compared to most. Have you checked the CEAC search to see if the status says "issued" yet?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I believe it is counted by working days. So 10 working days/2 weeks is going into what I would call overdue compared to most. Have you checked the CEAC search to see if the status says "issued" yet?

Yes - it has shown issued since 1 day post interview. I am wondering if they should call the courier service?

I-130 for both parents

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

Yes - it has shown issued since 1 day post interview. I am wondering if they should call the courier service?

Yes, if it was issued, then check with the courier. Also contact the embassy via the contact form to see if they can say if/when it was turned over to the courier. It sounds a bit lost, doesn't it? Do you know the closest depot? Might call them in case it is there. There is a list of depots and phone numbers in the last post of the K1 London Guide thread that is pinned at the top of the UK forum. I wish I could recall what happened when somebody else had a problem. He got the courier to dig a little deeper when they said they didn't have it...look up by number, address, name...something made them locate it and it was at the depot. I just don't remember the exact details. Maybe the depot contacted the embassy to try to locate it.

Tell them to be a little persistent.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Eugh, not good news to my ears. Will be eager to know the updates if you don't mind, thanks!

Edited by smoddydana

Click for full timeline

USCIS

2013-Aug-5th- NOA1 received

2014-Feb-3rd - Transferred to CSC

2014-Feb-12 - Approved! - 191 days.

NVC

2014-Feb-21 NVC received

2014-Mar-27 NVC case# received

2014-Mar-28 Received IIN#

2014-Mar-28 Received AOS and IV bills- pending payment

2014-March-31 AOS paid

2014-April 1st Sent AOS and civil docs package

2014-April-4th IV bill shows as Paid---- AOS and civil docs delivered

2014-April-8th DS-260 completed online

2014-April-8th AOS and civil docs in system and under review

2014-April-23rd Received checklist for certified court record

2014- May -9th checklist documents received

2014-May-28 - Case completed!! :)

2014- June 17th- Medical

2014 -July 2nd- Interview - APPROVED!

2014 July 3rd- CEAC website says ISSUED :goofy:

2014 July 10th- PASSPORT ARRIVED VIA ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY!!!! :goofy:

2014-July 13th- POE with no probs.. happy in sunny FL! :)

ROC

2016-May -9th receipt notice

2016-May -17th check came out of the bank

​2016- August- 11th Biometrics done

Filed: Timeline

I wish I could recall what happened when somebody else had a problem. He got the courier to dig a little deeper when they said they didn't have it...look up by number, address, name...something made them locate it and it was at the depot. I just don't remember the exact details.

This guy?

Ok update - just got through to DX and after searching for my surname, I was informed that yes, my 'item' (passport) is ready for collection.

So I will be heading in tomorrow to collect it - yay!

I strongly advise everyone who is waiting to be contacted to call the DX office and have them search under your surname. The number I phoned was 0871 562 6666 and I pressed option 2 which i believe is for 'you have received a card notifying you of an attempted delivery'. Of course I hadn't, however there was no other suitable option. I was on hold for about 20 minutes.

Good luck everyone.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/494897-still-no-visa/?p=7010344

I'd be interested to hear the outcome for the OP and if the passports are sitting at the DX depot awaiting collection/delivery.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mine took 1 week from interview date but it was mixed up and taken to the wrong depot even though when I tracked it down and drove 50 miles to get it, it had the address of the depot I asked it to be sent to. Although I did have a tracking number so it was easy for them to locate it.

Here are the addresses and phone numbers for all the DX depots that London delivers to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/information/courier_dropboxes if you call them they will be able to tell you if it has arrived or where it is if it's been sent somewhere else, they should be able to find you on the system if you tell them your name and what you are expecting and where it's coming from. They will ask you for a reference number which would have been your tracking number if you received one but since you didn't just tell them you haven't received one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry my post submitted twice bad Internet connection I think and I don't know how to delete the second one so I've just edited it

Edited by FlyingPhoenix

Timeline

uh oh this isn't sounding good - they should be picking the passports up at Belfast International airport. I will pass the info on to my Dad so he can chase up and let y'all know what the outcome is.

I-130 for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Any news? Hoping they were delivered!

Click for full timeline

USCIS

2013-Aug-5th- NOA1 received

2014-Feb-3rd - Transferred to CSC

2014-Feb-12 - Approved! - 191 days.

NVC

2014-Feb-21 NVC received

2014-Mar-27 NVC case# received

2014-Mar-28 Received IIN#

2014-Mar-28 Received AOS and IV bills- pending payment

2014-March-31 AOS paid

2014-April 1st Sent AOS and civil docs package

2014-April-4th IV bill shows as Paid---- AOS and civil docs delivered

2014-April-8th DS-260 completed online

2014-April-8th AOS and civil docs in system and under review

2014-April-23rd Received checklist for certified court record

2014- May -9th checklist documents received

2014-May-28 - Case completed!! :)

2014- June 17th- Medical

2014 -July 2nd- Interview - APPROVED!

2014 July 3rd- CEAC website says ISSUED :goofy:

2014 July 10th- PASSPORT ARRIVED VIA ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY!!!! :goofy:

2014-July 13th- POE with no probs.. happy in sunny FL! :)

ROC

2016-May -9th receipt notice

2016-May -17th check came out of the bank

​2016- August- 11th Biometrics done

Did you or your parents receive the following email from usvisa-info.com?

Hello [your name],

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in London has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DX Group. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.
The tracking number for the package is [10-digit tracking number]. On average, it takes one to two business days for the shipment to be available from the time you receive this notice.
You may track the progress of this shipment at http://www.thedx.co.uk/customerservice/trackinganitem/track-my-dx/?tn=10-digittrackingnumber&tpc=postcodeofdepot

For a list of identification required to receive returned document(s), please refer to the information at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/information/courier
The data we have on file is:
Applicant Name: [your name]
Passport Number: [your passport number]

Best regards,
The CSC Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

My CEAC status changed to "Issued" two days ago (interview was last Friday) and I received the above email this afternoon (5pm).

Might be worth checking the junk/spam folders of the email account used in your parents' paperwork. Good luck!

Did you or your parents receive the following email from usvisa-info.com?

My CEAC status changed to "Issued" two days ago (interview was last Friday) and I received the above email this afternoon (5pm).

Might be worth checking the junk/spam folders of the email account used in your parents' paperwork. Good luck!

I was hoping to get an email from them yesterday. No such luck though. Had my interview last Tuesday, and CEAC said "Issued" on Thursday. Hopefully I can get the visa soon. Prices of flights are going up. I'm planning to book the next available flight as soon as I have my visa in hand.

Previous Visa & EAD/AP Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

22 March 2014 - Sent I-129F

See timeline for data in between these dates.

24 June 2014 - Interview

25 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

26 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Issued

01 July 2014 - Received Visa

POE & Marriage

03 July 2014 - POE (BWI airport)

14 July 2014 - Marriage

Advanced Parole (I131)Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
31 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
27 September 2014 - EAD Combo Card Received

Employment Authorisation (I765) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
20 September 2014 - Card in Production Update
22 September 2014 - Card in Production Update Again
25 September 2014 - Card Sent Update (Another update came later that day with USPS tracking code)
27 September 2014 - Card Received

Adjustment of Status (I-148) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
24 July 2014 - Acceptance - Fingerprint fee accepted and case processed at Nebraska Service Center
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
26 August 2014 - Biometrics Done
12 November 2014 - Notification of Potential Interview Waiver (NPIW) Received
26 March 2014 - Cleveland Field Office is requesting my file from NBC.
23 April 2014 - Green Card Ordered!

Avatar Photo by Henry Mühlpfordt / CC-BY

I was hoping to get an email from them yesterday. No such luck though. Had my interview last Tuesday, and CEAC said "Issued" on Thursday. Hopefully I can get the visa soon. Prices of flights are going up. I'm planning to book the next available flight as soon as I have my visa in hand.

I'd be surprised if you don't hear anything by Wednesday. My visa was ready to pick up the very next day after I'd received the email with the tracking number. That said, I picked it up from a London depot, so it didn't travel far.

I've also been looking at flights. I still have a few things to tie up before I can book my tickets. Currently, it's a toss up between Air New Zealand and Virgin Atlantic. If I can help it, I don't want to ever have to do the two-layover trips again - would rather pay more for a direct flight to LAX.

I'd be surprised if you don't hear anything by Wednesday. My visa was ready to pick up the very next day after I'd received the email with the tracking number. That said, I picked it up from a London depot, so it didn't travel far.

I've also been looking at flights. I still have a few things to tie up before I can book my tickets. Currently, it's a toss up between Air New Zealand and Virgin Atlantic. If I can help it, I don't want to ever have to do the two-layover trips again - would rather pay more for a direct flight to LAX.

I've never travelled Air New Zealand, but I've always really enjoyed my flights with Virgin Atlantic :)

I've never travelled Air New Zealand, but I've always really enjoyed my flights with Virgin Atlantic :)

Yep, me too - little touches like the packet of Love Hearts at the end are appreciated. I don't want to end up going "budget" and then regretting it as the entire process is stressful enough as it is! Will probably just make the decision when I book.

Hope the OP comes back to let us know her parents received their passports+visas. I don't suppose the items are lost but any unnecessary delay in this process just adds to the frustration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.