hiz.princess

k1 visa interview scare

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

im a newbie here but ive been reading so many experiences and i must say vj members have helped me all along this way... my interview is a few weeks away and im so nervous..ive been so long away from my fiance i dont want us to be dissapointed.., i would really appreciate any tips and guides for my interview.. thank u in advance.. and good luck to all those whose putting up with this distance thats keeping us apart from our sweethearts.

im a newbie here but ive been reading so many experiences and i must say vj members have helped me all along this way... my interview is a few weeks away and im so nervous..ive been so long away from my fiance i dont want us to be dissapointed.., i would really appreciate any tips and guides for my interview.. thank u in advance.. and good luck to all those whose putting up with this distance thats keeping us apart from our sweethearts.

Hi there! Welcome to VJ! :)

You can check out Guyana embassy reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Guyana&cty=&dfilter=5

You can also narrow the search to your visa type when you click on the dropdown menu at the upper right part (labeled topic) in that link.

As for advice, be confident and respond to all the consul's questions truthfully, and wear your best smile on that day. Stay positive and think that all this waiting is definitely worth it. You're almost there. All the best to your upcoming interview! :thumbs:

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Hi there! Welcome to VJ! :)

You can check out Guyana embassy reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Guyana&cty=&dfilter=5

You can also narrow the search to your visa type when you click on the dropdown menu at the upper right part (labeled topic) in that link.

As for advice, be confident and respond to all the consul's questions truthfully, and wear your best smile on that day. Stay positive and think that all this waiting is definitely worth it. You're almost there. All the best to your upcoming interview! :thumbs:

sweet, thank u so much ..i feel better already..i will follow ur advice

sweet, thank u so much ..i feel better already..i will follow ur advice

You're very much welcome! Also, don't forget to check out your embassy instructions just to make sure you have everything covered. Ohh, and don't be scared, everybody who went through the embassy interview survived and are still very much alive... :D Just to ease your thoughts. :)

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Timeline

You're very much welcome! Also, don't forget to check out your embassy instructions just to make sure you have everything covered. Ohh, and don't be scared, everybody who went through the embassy interview survived and are still very much alive... :D Just to ease your thoughts. :)

thank u very much... trust me i really need the encouragement...i will make sure i let u know my interview results sweet... :) im hoping for the best

thank u very much... trust me i really need the encouragement...i will make sure i let u know my interview results sweet... :) im hoping for the best

I'm pretty sure you're fellow applicants from Guyana will really appreciate it when you post your consulate review after. :)

Btw, when you have a chance, :time: , as it helps everyone using the forum.

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Keep a record of everything of your relationship and make copies. I cant see your timeline so I don't know who is the one coming you or your fiance. Another good tip is to ignore alot of people who don't know nothing about the process and how hard and stressful this process can be. Its always best to get advice from like minded people.

Timeline

Keep a record of everything of your relationship and make copies. I cant see your timeline so I don't know who is the one coming you or your fiance. Another good tip is to ignore alot of people who don't know nothing about the process and how hard and stressful this process can be. Its always best to get advice from like minded people.

thank u love..that is so true.. this process is eryhard and sresfful..goodluck to u and ur significant other,,,i will tell u guys what me result is..

thank u love..that is so true.. this process is eryhard and sresfful..goodluck to u and ur significant other,,,i will tell u guys what me result is..

very hard and stressful* my* >>> just correcting my words

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am assuming you haven't had your interview yet.We just had ours in June and I posted a review.

Just make sure you have everything the Embassy request as far as paper work,that is so important.When I got to Georgetown the night before the interview I was up till 2 am making sure we had everything in order and easy to find because I had it all labeled as per the wonderful advise from other VJ members.

Don't forget to take all your evidence of a on going relationship they did look at that and they asked us questions about it.

The questions asked were not like they were trying to trick us or anything and the lady was friendly.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions.

Don't forget to celebrate after YOUR VISA APPROVAL !!!

Also post a review to help others that will be walking in your shoes later.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

How was your interview?

October 30th, 2015 Marriage
AOS I131, I765, I465, Filed November 12th, 2015.
NOA August 29th, 2015.
Biometrics completed December 18th, 2015
I465 changed to Ready for Interview December 23rd, 2015.

December 8th 2014: Posted Documents Express Mail.
December 9th 2014: NOA1 text, Hardcopy on Dec 12th.
May 26 2015: NOA 2

June 1st 2015: NOA 2 Received in mail.

June 2nd 2015: Sent to NVC.

June 9th 2015: Received at NVC.

June 11th 2015: Case Number Assigned.

June 15th 2015: NVC Sent To Embassy.

June 16th 2015:Guyana Embassy Received.

June 19th 2015: Package 3 email to Petitioner received.

June 22nd 2015:Package 3 emailed to Consulate

June 23rd 2015: Package 3 received by Consulate

: Readiness sent off.

.August 11, 2015: Medical

July 29th, 2015 Packet 4 Received .

August 26th, 2015. Interview

August 28th, 2015 Visa Received

September 5th, 2015 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.