eulariomalos

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Visa status: A/P. just today done with my interview. Got 221g. Im worried. Im already approved right? I was required by the embassy to have my NBI having a.k.a "yula" because my birthcertificate was corrected from "yula" to "eula" wayback 2007. Im nit informed on this case that i need to have my nbi with a.k.a on my former incorrect name. Help :(

Visa status: A/P. just today done with my interview. Got 221g. Im worried. Im already approved right? I was required by the embassy to have my NBI having a.k.a "yula" because my birthcertificate was corrected from "yula" to "eula" wayback 2007. Im nit informed on this case that i need to have my nbi with a.k.a on my former incorrect name. Help :(

Yes you're approve just submit the require document. Your visa might just be delay for 1 to 2 weeks so i suggest immediately submit what they need via 2 go. God bless!

Timeline

Yes you're approve just submit the require document. Your visa might just be delay for 1 to 2 weeks so i suggest immediately submit what they need via 2 go. God bless!

Thank you so much. Im uplifted.

Edited by eulariomalos

eulariomalos, on 20 Jun 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

This is normal to receive a 221(g) on an NBI AKA. For those who are reading this for the first time, the rule of thumb is to have ALL your names that you have EVER been associated with (including but not limited to nicknames, married names, single names or names that have been changed do to misspellings) checked when do your NBI or you will be delayed.

Follow the instructions and submit a new NBI ASAP and you will be fine. If they have kept your passport and you submit the requested documents then you will be approved in a few weeks time baring any problems in the AP review. Usually this is just a hiccup.

Don't worry, your almost there. 1945.gif

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

This is normal to receive a 221(g) on an NBI AKA. For those who are reading this for the first time, the rule of thumb is to have ALL your names that you have EVER been associated with (including but not limited to nicknames, married names, single names or names that have been changed do to misspellings) checked when do your NBI or you will be delayed.

Follow the instructions and submit a new NBI ASAP and you will be fine. If they have kept your passport and you submit the requested documents then you will be approved in a few weeks time baring any problems in the AP review. Usually this is just a hiccup.

Don't worry, your almost there. 1945.gif

Yes passport is with them. Thanks so much. How long does it take usually once i was able to send them the paper?

No one can say for sure. Maybe 2 - 4 weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually you are not approved... yet. Once the requirements listed on the 221g are met then your application will be reviewed and finally approved.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/denials.html

What does a visa denial under INA section 221(g) mean?

A visa denial under section 221(g) of the INA means that the consular officer did not have all of the information required to determine if you are eligible to receive a visa. This means you are not eligible for the visa now, but your case is pending further action for one of the following reasons:

• Your application is incomplete and/or further documentation is required - Applicants whose application forms or other documentation are incomplete are refused. If further documents are required to complete your case, you will be informed what is needed and how to provide it to the embassy or consulate. You will also be given a letter stating your application has been denied under 221(g) and listing which documents you need to provide.
  • Administrative processing - Further administrative processing of your application is required before a decision can be made regarding your eligibility for a visa. You will be given a letter stating this and next-step instructions after the administrative processing is complete.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

As advised above by Greenbaum and Hank, you just need to submit what is written on your 221g to get your case rolling. It will not move unless you send the NBI with AKA. If I were you, I'll respond to that 221g timely by going to NBI first thing tomorrow morning, sis. The 2-4 weeks waiting time (could be longer) will only start once they received that. It should be fine from then on. Hang in there... :)

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Thanks for all the informations.

They sent me a letter stating there were unable to complete my visa process unless i provide nbi with a.k.a something like that. I tracked my case number using the ceac state and it says A/P

You need to act fast so visit NBI with your 221(g) and process a new NBI with all the names you have ever used. Then submit the new NBI to USEM according to the instructions contained in the 221(g).

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 months later...

its the same in my fathers , they ask him for mis spell names too. his name is Rustico but in his birth certicate is Rostico . so he got one and still and embassy said they got it just last week, and now its still under review, it has been a month or so after the interview, aug 8,, pls give me some update about urs yula!?? :cry::cry::cry:

its the same in my fathers , they ask him for mis spell names too. his name is Rustico but in his birth certicate is Rostico . so he got one and still and embassy said they got it just last week, and now its still under review, it has been a month or so after the interview, aug 8,, pls give me some update about urs yula!?? :cry::cry::cry:

It's now a waiting game. Time to gather all your patience and wait. Follow along on CEAC to track your progress.

Track Your Visa from USEM to 2GO. PLUS!

TRACK YOUR VISA/PASSPORT AT THE EMBASSY

State Dept. visa tracking: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? (not updated or as detailed as the USEM website)

Here is a link for requirements for receiving your passport with the visa, there are also options for tracking the status of your visa/passport and where it is currently. You can also change delivery options. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

If your application was temporarily refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you can now check the status of your application online. http://manila.usembassy.gov/adminprocessing2.html

2GO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR CHECKING DELIVERY

2Go customer service hotline (+632) 5287-136 is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

2Go office at MOA (02)901-1404. Call after 5 pm

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT/VISA THROUGH 2GO

http://supplychain.2...trace/index.asp Enter your MNL number or passport number or UID number off the embassy confirmation letter (online confirmation page by bar code).

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.