cgn0030

Waiting time?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello everyone,

In May I had my interview at the embassy for my DV. It went well and the only thing missing was my medical results which the consular officer had asked me to bring the following Wednesday. Which I did. It has been now over a month and I have yet to hear from the embassy regarding the issuance of my visa. I called but they only told me to wait for their call. The thing is they didn't give me an approximate wating time so I don't know how long I will be in this waiting state. How about you? How long was your waiting time for your DV issuance?

Thank you!

CN: 2014AF00032XXX
Entry Date: October 2012
Result checked: 1 May 2013
Sent Forms to KCC: 6 May 2013
Courier Confirmed delivery:
KCC Confirmed forms:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello,

Your situation is unique because most DV bring their exam at the interview.

Just keep bugging the Embassy in Yaounde, they have been a bit slow lately.

It has been my exprience that this email address is paid more attention than any other means of communication:

yaoundeacs@state.gov

Good Luck !

Timeline

Hello TelexEva2013,

thank you for your reply. I called over and over and finally last monday somebody answered and told me that my visa had been ready for over a week. Anyway, I picked it up. The only problem is that the final address that figures on the packet is not my current US address. I used the email you kindly provided to contact the embassy in that regard. But if i'm not mistaking, I can file an address change request form through the USCIS website, right?

Also, if you don't mind - how long does it take to get cleared for travel once you submit the Immigration fee? I did it this morning (Cameroonian time) and hope to travel back to US next week.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by cgn0030

KCC Confirmed forms:

Hello TelexEva2013,

thank you for your reply. I called over and over and finally last monday somebody answered and told me that my visa had been ready for over a week. Anyway, I picked it up. The only problem is that the final address that figures on the packet is not my current US address. I used the email you kindly provided to contact the embassy in that regard. But if i'm not mistaking, I can file an address change request form through the USCIS website, right?

Also, if you don't mind - how long does it take to get cleared for travel once you submit the Immigration fee? I did it this morning (Cameroonian time) and hope to travel back to US next week.

Thank you for your help!

You can leave right now, you don't even really have to pay that fee before you travel - you just won't get a physical green card if you don't pay it. When you enter, just tell the official who is processing you that you want to change the address and he will organise it for you. Good luck with the move!

Timeline

You can leave right now, you don't even really have to pay that fee before you travel - you just won't get a physical green card if you don't pay it. When you enter, just tell the official who is processing you that you want to change the address and he will organise it for you. Good luck with the move!

Ok, thank you very much SusieQQQ!!! I already paid the fee and will go ahead and book my flight back to the US. I'm super excited.

Thank you all for your guidance!

KCC Confirmed forms:

• 1 month later...
Timeline

SusieQQQ, you have been very helpful. Thank you very much for all your answers. I have one more question. I have been back in the US for over a month now. I paid the immigration fee and I had called USCIS to have my address changed because at the border the officers told me they could not change it in the system but could change it in the folder that I had handed them. Anyway the USCIS agent told me to change my address on the ELIS website, by updating my profile - which I did. I thought it took about a month for the physical green card to get to you? I have yet to receive it. When I log into the ELIS website it shows that I paid the immigration fee but it still says "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." Do you know what that mean? What should I do?

Thanks again!

KCC Confirmed forms:

SusieQQQ, you have been very helpful. Thank you very much for all your answers. I have one more question. I have been back in the US for over a month now. I paid the immigration fee and I had called USCIS to have my address changed because at the border the officers told me they could not change it in the system but could change it in the folder that I had handed them. Anyway the USCIS agent told me to change my address on the ELIS website, by updating my profile - which I did. I thought it took about a month for the physical green card to get to you? I have yet to receive it. When I log into the ELIS website it shows that I paid the immigration fee but it still says "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." Do you know what that mean? What should I do?

Thanks again!

Usually around 2 months for green card. When the ELIS bubble goes to "optimized" it is in production.

If I were you I would call USCIS just to ensure they have the right address on file for you, even though you updated it on ELIS.

Timeline

Usually around 2 months for green card. When the ELIS bubble goes to "optimized" it is in production.

If I were you I would call USCIS just to ensure they have the right address on file for you, even though you updated it on ELIS.

Ok, thank you! I was beginning to worry that something was amiss. I will call them again tomorrow and make sure my address shows up right in the system.

KCC Confirmed forms:

Filed: Timeline

Hi;

I need your help. In may I received a message from the consular center saying I was elected for further processing for the DV application. I sent my Ds-260 on may and received a confirmation email from the KCC saying when a visa number was available I would receive an emAil with my scheduled interview. I have not yet received any email concerning with the interview and I have no idea when it might be.

My case number is 2015SA........1829 and my confirmation number starts with AA00.........

Any answer could be helpful

Timeline

Hi;

I need your help. In may I received a message from the consular center saying I was elected for further processing for the DV application. I sent my Ds-260 on may and received a confirmation email from the KCC saying when a visa number was available I would receive an emAil with my scheduled interview. I have not yet received any email concerning with the interview and I have no idea when it might be.

My case number is 2015SA........1829 and my confirmation number starts with AA00.........

Any answer could be helpful

Hello fjyb,

I never received an email from KCC about the interview. The way I found out was by going back to the dv lottery website and entering my number. There I found a letter from the KCC informing me that they had forwarded my documents to the embassy in my home country and they gave me a date and time at which the embassy expected me for the interview. So I say check on the dvlottery website :)

Good luck!

KCC Confirmed forms:

Filed: Timeline

Hello fjyb,

I never received an email from KCC about the interview. The way I found out was by going back to the dv lottery website and entering my number. There I found a letter from the KCC informing me that they had forwarded my documents to the embassy in my home country and they gave me a date and time at which the embassy expected me for the interview. So I say check on the dvlottery website :)

Good luck!

Thanks cgn0030; I have checked and only appears the same response I received before submitting the DS-260 in May.

Timeline

Thanks cgn0030; I have checked and only appears the same response I received before submitting the DS-260 in May.

Mhmmm well then, you can either email/call KCC or the consular service and see if they can help you.

KCC Confirmed forms:

You will be scheduled for interview sometime between Oct 2014 and Sept 2015, depending on your case number and when it is current (see visa bulletin). The interview schedules are done every month and you will receive your interview notification (on the website as above but you should get an email telling you the site is updated) around 6-8 weeks before your interview date. You won't hear anything from KCC otherwise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.