immiprocess

Conditional Resident and Medicaid

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am US citizen, and my wife have Green Card (Conditional Resident).

My wife is pregnant now, and she does not have health insurance, but I have my insurance through my employer, and my employer told me that I can not add dependent in my insurance and I need to wait till November 2014. I also missed obama care deadline and I am not eligible for enrollment.

Pregnancy without insurance plan is quite expensive. We are living in Houston, TX.

Please help me.I am in stress and I don't know what should I do? Is it okay if I applied medicaid for my wife?

USCIS:

11/19/2011: I-130 Sent

11/25/2011: NOA1 email notification received.

11/28/2011: Petition touched

04/27/2012: NOA2 email notification received.

NVC:

05/07/2012: NVC received

05/30/2012: Called NVC to receive Case # & IIN

XX/XX/2012: AOS bill invoiced and paid

XX/XX/2012: AOS package mailed

XX/XX/2012: AOS Receipt Paid

XX/XX/2012: DS-3032 acceptance e-mail received

XX/XX/2012: IV bill invoiced; IV bill

XX/XX/2012: IV fee

XX/XX/2012: IV fee bill appears PAID

XX/XX/2012: DS-230 delivered to NVC

XX/XX/2012: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy:

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Interview scheduled

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

With even with "good" health insurance and this new super high deductible that started the first of this year. Cost my son $7,000.00 for my new grandson. $3,500 deductible for the new son, and another $3,500 for his wife. But at least now he is home free. On schedule A on the IRS forms, can only deduct what's over 10% of your medical cost on your gross income, before FICA and income taxes. So if you made $70,000, deduction is zero. So have to pay taxes on top of this!

As little as 30 years ago, only cost less than 500 bucks with a normal birth, included prenatal care, delivery, and three days in a hospital plus post natal care for the baby. Really do not feel Washington dealt with the real problems with health care cost. With inflation, should cost around $2,000 today. Oh, and another way the government is robbing us, printing more money that causes inflation.

With Medicaid, to get this, would have to be dead broke. Even making a buck more per year than poverty puts us in the super rich class.

Many families are put in the poverty range even with well above poverty gross incomes. Was put in this position with super high non-deductible immigration expenses. With super high FICA and income taxes, sales tax, high tuition and medical expenses, plus anything we buy, also paying all their taxes as well. But they just look at your gross wages, had this for tuition that skyrocketed as well as medical cost. Government is sure screwing the little guys on this issue. Then shipping our jobs to China.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

But even if you're dead broke, don't they take into consideration the income(s) of the sponsor and any co-sponsors? And if those incomes add up to more than the maximum allowed by Medicaid - they won't allow you to go on Medicaid, right?

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.