svejaja

A few questions regarding DV2015

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

New here! :)

I have a couple of questions regarding the DV Lottery and regarding the documents that needs to be provided by the time of interview. We completed the DS260 on the 19th of May so all of that´s done :)

My wife is the one who was selected and therefore is the principal applicant. Will I also have to present documents such as school diplomas and/or proof of work experience or does this only apply to her (being the selectee)?

Our case no. is 2015EU00012***, when could we expect an interview?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

New here! :)

I have a couple of questions regarding the DV Lottery and regarding the documents that needs to be provided by the time of interview. We completed the DS260 on the 19th of May so all of that´s done :)

My wife is the one who was selected and therefore is the principal applicant. Will I also have to present documents such as school diplomas and/or proof of work experience or does this only apply to her (being the selectee)?

Our case no. is 2015EU00012***, when could we expect an interview?

Thanks in advance!

Only the selectee needs to show eligibility via education or work. You will need to provide unabridged birth certificate, police certificate, military records if applicable etc.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Only the selectee needs to show eligibility via education or work. You will need to provide unabridged birth certificate, police certificate, military records if applicable etc.

Thank you very much for your answer. Then it was like I suspected :)

Will we need to show proof of sufficient funds in order to be able to support ourselves as well?

Thank you very much for your answer. Then it was like I suspected :)

Will we need to show proof of sufficient funds in order to be able to support ourselves as well?

Possibly, this varies from consulate to consulate and person to person (depending on age, qualifications, family situation etc). Would always suggest taking proof of savings, assets etc in case they do ask.

Possibly, this varies from consulate to consulate and person to person (depending on age, qualifications, family situation etc). Would always suggest taking proof of savings, assets etc in case they do ask.

Thanks again SusieQQQ.

But is this a formail requirement in order to obtain a diversity visa? Thing is, we probably don´t have enough savings but we do have assets that will cover but we don´t want to get rid of these before we are sure that we´ll get visas. With that, we probably won´t be able to show proof of sufficient funds (bank statements etc) at the time of interview, in case the question is raised.

Thanks again SusieQQQ.

But is this a formail requirement in order to obtain a diversity visa? Thing is, we probably don´t have enough savings but we do have assets that will cover but we don´t want to get rid of these before we are sure that we´ll get visas. With that, we probably won´t be able to show proof of sufficient funds (bank statements etc) at the time of interview, in case the question is raised.

The formal requirement is that you have to show you won't become a public charge. No-one is saying you have to sell your assets before the interview, just take some kind of proof of what you own.

Thank you very much for your answers SusieQQQ!

Ok. Also if you are for example young and well qualified they may be so sure you will get a good job that they won't even ask for financial proof, but it's always best to be prepared.

Ok. Also if you are for example young and well qualified they may be so sure you will get a good job that they won't even ask for financial proof, but it's always best to be prepared.

Well, can´t say we´re young (30+) but at least pretty well qualified. We´ll be prepared! :)

Can anyone predict if (and possibly when) we´ve got a chance for an interview, based on our CN 2015EU00012***?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline

The formal requirement is that you have to show you won't become a public charge. No-one is saying you have to sell your assets before the interview, just take some kind of proof of what you own.

I heard of Affidavit of Support. Is it a mandatory document or just one that could be used in case you cannot prove othervise that you have enough money or assets that could be sold?

I heard of Affidavit of Support. Is it a mandatory document or just one that could be used in case you cannot prove othervise that you have enough money or assets that could be sold?

There are some embassies for which it is mandatory so make sure you read the country specific info. For most people however it is not mandatory and just used for in case they can't prove otherwise. Of course many DV selectees don't know anyone who will do one for them and probably most get their visas without one.

Thank you for the advice. Your answers to many questions appearing in this forum is deeply appreciated! Sure I will check with the embassy. Probably will email them and ask directly for proper information. Thanks again!

Before you contact them make sure you have read the country specific information on the DoS website, there are both the country specific dropdown boxes under the civil documents section and the "reciprocity by country" links.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.