edavis12

become pregnant during k1 process

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I AM PLANNING ANOTHER TRIP TO SEE MY FIANCE AND I AM CURIOUS IF SHE IS TO BECOME PREGNANT DURING THE K1 PROCESS WILL THAT HAVE AN IMPACT AND WILL MORE PAPERS NEED TO BE FILLED OUT. THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

No impact on the actual process from USCIS perspective, may prevent her travel during the final phase of pregnancy. If the child is born before visa is issues, become acquainted with CRBA process (assuming you are the USC father):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/154-consular-reports-of-birth-abroad-crba/

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

She will most likely have to have an xray during her medical to check for TB, I was advised that even if I was pregnant I would have had to have the xray - I personally would not be comfortable with this even though the amount is negligible and you can tell them so they can shield you appropriately. Maybe discussing this with her to find out how she feels about it would be beneficial. You don't want to get pregnant then her to find out about the xray and be uncomfortable doing it till after the baby delaying the process.

Also some countries the US embassy requires a DNA test for CRBA if not married to the USC and you will have to prove you lived in the US for the prerequisite time to permit transference of US citizenship. This has to be done at the request of the embassy through their approved doctors and so may take a while to set up after applying for the CRBA.

If she ends up not having the baby in her country but in the US it may take a while to sort health insurance after you get married, this might get in the way of her schedule of prenatal exams. I would suggest you research all the possibilities and discussing with her the options before trying to conceive.

Hope it all goes smoothly and good luck :-)

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The exam center wil make appropriate adjustments for the xray to not harm the baby. They do that all the time.

If you are the father and the USC, the baby is also a USC. File for a CRBA and do it as soon as the baby is born; otherwise the lack of the CRBA may delay your fiance from coming here when she gets her K-1. No need for visa for the baby once you have CRBA.

DNA test is no problem. All of you submit blood at a lab where you are located and they take it from there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.