TAB2TAB

i-693 when full medical exam is unnecessary.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers,

My husband and I are together and married at long last (hooray!) and now working through AOS filing (K1 fiance visa).

His vaccination document DS-3025 is incomplete (he's from the UK and the Varicella vaccine is not available to UK citizens); he was NOT asked by the Knightsbridge medical exam doctor in London whether he had Chicken Pox and therefore, like some others, he did not get "VH" (Varicella History) on his DS-3025 Immunization Record. Likewise, he did not get a MMR "complete" status on his DS-3025 because he's "unable to receive MMR due to government restriction on vaccine", per the form. I mention all this to see if any of you know whether there's any possibility of following up with Knightsbridge to get the DS-3025 updated, and avoid having to see a civil surgeon.(???) I suspect this is unlikely, but thought I'd ask.

So, my PRIMARY question is this: Assuming he only needs the Civil Surgeon to transcribe the DS-3025 records and administer 1-2 injections, how do we ensure/prove that 1) the Civil Surgeon only needs to do the Immunization portion of the I-693, and not the full blown medical exam, and 2) how do we ensure we are only being quoted prices for the transcription and not the full medical by the Civil Surgeon/staff? We have been making calls to C.S's in the Atlanta area and are being quoted $150+ presumably just to transcribe the DS-3025 data on to the I-693 (not including shots) and sign it... is that for real? We've seen lots of posts on VJ of people paying only $25-50, so we're beginning to think that these C.S.'s are assuming he needs a full medical... or we're being over-charged by the C.S.

Any ideas or similar experiences? We greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

Rob and Adrian

Edited by TAB2TAB

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I quote from http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-through-special-categories-family/k-nonimmigrant

"If you received a medical examination prior to admission as a K nonimmigrant, then you are not required to have another medical examination at time of adjustment as long as:

Your Form I-485 is filed within 1 year of your overseas medical examination

The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition

If you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver."

I assume that at the very bottom of the DS3025 it says vaccination history incomplete and is eligible for blanket waiver? The I693 is asked "if applicable" only. If you fall in the categories above then a copy of your DS3025 should be enough. Just put in the table of contents that you are making that you have sent the I693 as per USCIS Form I485 instruction (specifically under Initial evidence 7-C). :)

Edited by emmandenn

You won't qualify on your DS-3025 as you described it. Knightsbridge can not update. That ship sailed.

You can check prices at drug stores, a health department, or anywhere offering immunizations. Go with the best price and get documentation. Then take everything you have...DS-3025, records fromUK GP, drug store shots...to a civil surgeon.

Finding a CS is a nightmare. I have always read the problems people have, but didn't use one for AOS. Well recently a person PMed me asking questions. She was being treated unfairly and overcharged...TWICE. Her English was limited and she didn't know how to do anything. She was going to go back and pay again. So out of curiosity, I started calling Civil Surgeons in California just to see what they said. So infuriating!!!

They are clueless. Quote you the full medical price. Will not listen to the particulars of a K1s needs. Will not consider anything but the full price. I called down the list until I was so angry I quit. I ended each call with "please inform the doctor that I am reporting him to the US government for not studying his material and knowing what a K1 visa holder is and that they do not need anything but the immunization portion filled out. I will also report he is price gouging immigrants with limited English. I hope his Civil Surgeon designation is revoked."

So I got to quit. You unfortunately have to find one. Keep trying or cast a wider net.

I will say there was one lady named Sheila who was interested and wanted to know where to find the form instructions so she could learn more about it. She wrote down everything, saying it was the first time she had ever had anybody explain it to her. The rest wouldn't even listen. I hope you find a Sheila.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I got mine done for $150 on the same doctor mentioned by VJ-er and they got it done for $30. They price might have increase? Who knows

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Forgot to say. The instructions for the I-693 tell the K1 medical information. The USCIS link you were given is out of date. The form changed. The CS does not certify on Part 5, the last page. He certifies the vaccination part on page 1.

If you had chickenpox, he is supposed to take your word for it. Their instructions tell them Varicella is the only self reported thing they can accept. Not that they read their instructions and updates.

Here's a good memo to show the doctor http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes%20from%20Previous%20Engagements/2012/May%202012/civil-surgeonQA-11-13-12.pdf. Read question 57.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I went to Dr. Jiin T.Lin, 39271 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539. Phone (510) 792-7875 .

One of the senior Staffs was excellent & knowledgeable about K-1/DS-3025. She filled out my I-693 vaccination part without full medicals for a fee of $60/- (cash only). It was 2 weeks before thou.

USCIS - 50days

I-129F Application mailed: 10-July-2013; NOA1 (hard copy): 22-July-2013; NOA2: 29-Aug-2013 (text/email)

NVC: 52 days

NVC received: 15-Oct-2013; Got case #: 16-Oct-2013(phone); In Transit: 17-Oct-2013(CEAC website)

Consulate ~ Medical - POE: 139(+) days

Consulate received: 21-Oct-2013; Packet3 forms sent to Consulate: 29-Oct-2013; Packet4 received: 04-Nov-2013

Medicals completed on 28-Jan-2014; Interview on 10-March-2014; Visa in hand: 24-Apr-2014

GC: 114 days

POE:17-May-2014; Marriage: 19-May-2014 (Got marriage certificate on the same day at Sacramento, CA); I-693 on 20-May-2014

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 22-May-2014; Reached USCIS: 26-May-2014; NOA1: 02-June-2014

Received Biometrics notice: 07-June-2014 for Biometrics on 23-June-2014, 12:00 noon; Early Walk-in Biometrics successfully completed: 12-June-2014

USCIS website AoS status changed to "testing & Interview" : 30-June-2014; EAD/AP Status "Card in production": 04-Aug-2014; USCIS website updated with interview date as 8-Sep-2014 on: 6-Aug-2014.

Received EAD/AP Combo card in mail: 11-Aug-2014

AoS Interview: 8-Sep-2014; Result: APPROVED; USCIS status changed to "card in production"; Received GC by mail: 16-Sep-2014

RoC:

Applied I-751: 14-June-16; NoA: 17-June-16; Letter received on: 22-June-16

Biometrics notice received on 30-Jun-16 ; Biometrics: 12-July-16;

Received RFE dated 04-Aug-17 on 09-Aug-2017; asked house lease or deed, utility bills if applicable, birth cert of children born to this marriage;

Responded on 15-Aug-2017; USCIS received response on 16:Aug-17; Approved: 13-Sep-17; Case Status to "New Card is mailed": 18-Sep-17; Card received in mail: 21-Sep-2017

N-400

Applied online: 12-Nov-2017; Biometrics: 06-Dec-2017; Received interview letter on 09-Oct-18; Interview at SFO: 06-Nov-2018; Approved; Oath Scheduled on 05-Dec-2018; postponed to 16-Jan2019 because of Former President Sr. Bush's funeral; Oath completed on 16-Jan-2019; Applied for US Passport (expedited) on 18-Jan-2019; received Passport : 29-Jan-2019; received NC:01-Feb-2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nick Nich (and others),

Thank you so much for your very useful information. We have found a C.S. after many phone calls who will charge $50 for the transcription. Bingo.

We have two more questions, and have searched everywhere for answers:

1) per Question 57 on your link; we will go to the C.S. requesting only the vaccination portion of the medical exam be given and we only would get back page 1 and page 5 of the i-697. In the I-697 instructions, however, there is no explanation as to how the C.S. is to fill out the paperwork if only the vaccination portion is to be given. In light of this, how does the C.S. fill out Part 2 on page 1 of the I-697... leave it blank?

2) Does the C.S. still follow the regular I-697 instructions as if he were doing a full medical exam, i.e. making 2 copies of the I-693 for submission to USCIS, and providing the (us) with a sealed "Do Not Open, USCIS use-only" of the I-693?

Thank you very much for everyone's help!

Nick Nich (and others),

Thank you so much for your very useful information. We have found a C.S. after many phone calls who will charge $50 for the transcription. Bingo.

We have two more questions, and have searched everywhere for answers:

1) per Question 57 on your link; we will go to the C.S. requesting only the vaccination portion of the medical exam be given and we only would get back page 1 and page 5 of the i-697. In the I-697 instructions, however, there is no explanation as to how the C.S. is to fill out the paperwork if only the vaccination portion is to be given. In light of this, how does the C.S. fill out Part 2 on page 1 of the I-697... leave it blank?

2) Does the C.S. still follow the regular I-697 instructions as if he were doing a full medical exam, i.e. making 2 copies of the I-693 for submission to USCIS, and providing the (us) with a sealed "Do Not Open, USCIS use-only" of the I-693?

Thank you very much for everyone's help!

1) he could leave it blank or draw a big X over the section if he wants to make it clear he did not certify any medical summary. Either would be fine for your needs. Page 1 and 5 only.

2) the instructions say make two photocopies...one for his office file and one for you the patient. Seal/mark the original as described and give it to you to mail with AOS.

Glad you found somebody.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.