josh125/sashakim

NVC 2014 filers from November 2013 USCIS filers Thread

308 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello i paid the AOS fees like three month ago and they took the money after couple days and i havent heared nothing yet?! and when i try to call cannot catch the line ever please can anyone advice me what to do?

You have to call many times. Maybe calling in right at 7:00 AM would be shorter. Typically, I have to redial 30-40 times and then remain on hold for 40-45 minutes, before getting to a person.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Case Complete @ NVC 12/16/2014. IR5 Filed Jan 9, 2014.

Waiting for Interview to be scheduled.

Any idea as to when the interview might be scheduled? I was told that Jan is all booked up.

Thanks,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Case Complete @ NVC 12/16/2014. IR5 Filed Jan 9, 2014.

Waiting for Interview to be scheduled.

Any idea as to when the interview might be scheduled? I was told that Jan is all booked up.

Thanks,

then you most likely be in February schedule for interviews and nvc usually starts last two days of the month and first two weeks of the following month... so in your case early January for a Feb interview.. follow the interview forum and you will find out when nvc start scheduling again for your embassy. :)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Wife had visa interview this morning. Lasted 10 mins. Pretty easy.

I had a question regarding the next steps:

1. Does my wife need to complete any additional items before taking the flight over to the US? Besides just waiting for her visa/passport arrival using the courier service.

2. As we will be married less than 2 years does she only get a conditional visa and then i will have file for her permanent residency? if so when do i file for her?

3. Does her social security number arrive in the mail after she arrives here or do i have to file for it?

4. Do i have to pay some fee on the USCIS website? i read somewhere that before permenant visa is given i have to pay a fee on the USCIS website.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wife had visa interview this morning. Lasted 10 mins. Pretty easy.

I had a question regarding the next steps:

1. Does my wife need to complete any additional items before taking the flight over to the US? Besides just waiting for her visa/passport arrival using the courier service.

2. As we will be married less than 2 years does she only get a conditional visa and then i will have file for her permanent residency? if so when do i file for her?

3. Does her social security number arrive in the mail after she arrives here or do i have to file for it?

4. Do i have to pay some fee on the USCIS website? i read somewhere that before permenant visa is given i have to pay a fee on the USCIS website.

Please advise.

Thanks,

You will need to pay the green card fee ($165?)

As it is a cr1 conditional visa you will need to file for removal of the conditional status in 21 months time -

the time frame for that is 21 months from the date of entry and you have 3 months in which to file.

She should apply for a SSN if she has not already done so.

Timeline

You will need to pay the green card fee ($165?)

As it is a cr1 conditional visa you will need to file for removal of the conditional status in 21 months time -

the time frame for that is 21 months from the date of entry and you have 3 months in which to file.

She should apply for a SSN if she has not already done so.

Do i need to pay the green card fee after she receives her passport/visa in mail as it requires a number that starts with "A".

Also, does applying for SSN depend on her visa/passport arrival?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Do i need to pay the green card fee after she receives her passport/visa in mail as it requires a number that starts with "A".

Also, does applying for SSN depend on her visa/passport arrival?

from the SSA site - re SSN #:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnvisa/Handout_11_1.html

paying the green card fee:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

How is everyone doing? Sorry I've been awol. Been settling in and looking for jobs. Got interview on Monday :) in case anyone is still waiting, I got my ssn 9 days after poe and GC after 22 days.

Married New York 09/27/13Filed I-130 11/23/13Noa1 11/27/13 VSCNoa2 05/23/14 Case received nvc 6/6/14Case # and IIN 6/27/14AOS and IV invoiced 7/12/14AOS and IV paid 7/14/14DS260 submitted 7/22/14Aos and IV scan date 08/14/14Case complete 10/06/14Medical 9/22/14<p>Interview 11/17/14

POE Philadelphia 12/2/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.