flicki

Another Quick I-130 Question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If the relative is student and employed, which info should I give on Q.15?

She is a full time student and a part time employee.

What says the Q 15?...iT,s long time i read the form..and forgott all the questions.....try to be more precise in your questions...that people can give you precise answer...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What says the Q 15?...iT,s long time i read the form..and forgott all the questions.....try to be more precise in your questions...that people can give you precise answer...

...OR look at your copy of the I-130 and spend your energy answering his question rather than telling him to ask his questions differently.

flicki,

You are reading into the question too much, probably because you are trained in filling out employment applications...lol Only do what the question asks - it does not ask if it is school rather than work, or part-time rather than fulltime. If it is asking for employment information, use the current employer information.

Good luck!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

You can visit us at: www.BradAndVicky.com

CR-1 Process (I-130)

06/02/06 - I-130 received @ USCIS Texas Service Center

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Dated 6/22 & check cashed

08/29/06 - Approved by email - 91 DAYS!!!

09/05/06 - NOA2 received by mail

09/20/06 - NVC assigned Case #

10/02/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/04/06 - DS3032 Shortcut Emailed & AOS Fee Bill Shortcut Sent

10/06/06 - Received email acceptance of DS3032

10/18/06 - Received & Returned IV Fee Bill

10/20/06 - I-864 Package Generated, Shorcut Sent

11/01/06 - DS-230 Package Generated, Shortcut Sent

12/01/06 - Case Complete!!!

12/07/06 - Case sent to US Embassy, Bogota

01/15/07 - Received packet from Bogota!

01/30/07 - Bogota Interview - Approved! (visa received same day)

02/08/07 - Welcome to the E.U. mi Amor!

Timeline

...OR look at your copy of the I-130 and spend your energy answering his question rather than telling him to ask his questions differently.

flicki,

You are reading into the question too much, probably because you are trained in filling out employment applications...lol Only do what the question asks - it does not ask if it is school rather than work, or part-time rather than fulltime. If it is asking for employment information, use the current employer information.

Good luck!

I think that's a rude statement! good luck with that!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
What if her employement history only dates back 3 years? Should I put student to cover all 5 years?

Being a student is not employment... If you want to document her student history, it would go in the education section.

flicki,

Good luck!

I think that's a rude statement! good luck with that!

Snippy to you...informative to him...as intended. Thanks.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

You can visit us at: www.BradAndVicky.com

CR-1 Process (I-130)

06/02/06 - I-130 received @ USCIS Texas Service Center

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Dated 6/22 & check cashed

08/29/06 - Approved by email - 91 DAYS!!!

09/05/06 - NOA2 received by mail

09/20/06 - NVC assigned Case #

10/02/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/04/06 - DS3032 Shortcut Emailed & AOS Fee Bill Shortcut Sent

10/06/06 - Received email acceptance of DS3032

10/18/06 - Received & Returned IV Fee Bill

10/20/06 - I-864 Package Generated, Shorcut Sent

11/01/06 - DS-230 Package Generated, Shortcut Sent

12/01/06 - Case Complete!!!

12/07/06 - Case sent to US Embassy, Bogota

01/15/07 - Received packet from Bogota!

01/30/07 - Bogota Interview - Approved! (visa received same day)

02/08/07 - Welcome to the E.U. mi Amor!

Filed: Timeline

bradyvicky,

I agree with knowledge - I prefer to spend my limited time answering questions, not figuring out what the question is.

Yodrak

Timeline
What if her employement history only dates back 3 years? Should I put student to cover all 5 years?

Thanks Yodrak! that's a gentleman! :)

Flicki, you pretty much answer in my opinion your own question; but, you can not invent by putting student for all 5 years, if it's not true for all of them (because at interview they might notice it, and you have to be very careful that all you put has to be proven with papers if they ask). Another detail, but not less important, is that i have been adviced here not to let holes in the time of 5 years in this case, I would put still student and employement in a chronological order.

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Another detail, but not less important, is that i have been adviced here not to let holes in the time of 5 years in this case, I would put still student and employement in a chronological order.

Thanks again. For completeness, and the fact she has had only a two part time jobs in the past 5 years I will include her eductional background. For that matter, I will do the same on mine, we are both pretty young...

Edited by flicki

Timeline
Another detail, but not less important, is that i have been adviced here not to let holes in the time of 5 years in this case, I would put still student and employement in a chronological order.

Thanks again. For completeness, and the fact she has had only a two part time jobs in the past 5 years I will include her eductional background. For that matter, I will do the same on mine, we are both pretty young...

I noticed you are young and learn the bureaucracy lol...Also, just thinking...I-130 form has not her employment story...only G-325A...are you talking about that form? if so, she has to fill it not you...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
...I-130 form has not her employment story...only G-325A...are you talking about that form? if so, she has to fill it not you...

I am talking about the G-325a's, one G-325A for my history, one for my wife's (I'm helping her complete it).

Timeline
...I-130 form has not her employment story...only G-325A...are you talking about that form? if so, she has to fill it not you...

I am talking about the G-325a's, one G-325A for my history, one for my wife's (I'm helping her complete it).

yup, of course do it together but she has to fill them, 4 times with signature, as yourself. At the bottom, each page has a number but the filling of the page is the same. And don't sent copies of them, but only the originals...This 1st step is always not funny because we realized there are so many little details...not to forget for a simple petition..it gives the tone of the music on which we have to "dance"...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.