lilsadie

We got our interview date!!!

13 posts in this topic

So excited!!! 15th of July! Its perfect! 1.5/2 months before we hoped to leave so this is PERFECT!!! Once the application is approved we have 6 months to leave AUS don't we? I read somewhere that the visa expires in 4 months?

Its all getting pretty real now!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

congrats, i was checking your timeline, is it true ?? you got your noa2 after 13 days from the noa1 ?!??! and also the interview date ??

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

When did you get case complete? I got case complete on the 23rd and still waiting to be given interview date.... Also I'm so so so jealous of your timeline, my NOA1 was April 2013!!!!!!!

event.png

Yeah our time line is true! 13 days from NOA1 1 and I think its around 2 months all up from noa1 to interview! AMAZING! (Sorry to the folks still waiting!)

Im not sure of any of the details with when it got to NVC, etc. Im going through an attorney from LA who does it all for us so he gets notified. It just so happended that my partner got this email at 4pm today so we found out (att is asleep right now im guessing!)

When did you get case complete? I got case complete on the 23rd and still waiting to be given interview date.... Also I'm so so so jealous of your timeline, my NOA1 was April 2013!!!!!!!

Are you on a K1? 1 year? Thats crazyness. What happend?

Yeah our time line is true! 13 days from NOA1 1 and I think its around 2 months all up from noa1 to interview! AMAZING! (Sorry to the folks still waiting!)

Im not sure of any of the details with when it got to NVC, etc. Im going through an attorney from LA who does it all for us so he gets notified. It just so happended that my partner got this email at 4pm today so we found out (att is asleep right now im guessing!)

Nothing happened, no problems with our case.. Just unlucky? If I'm honest, the envy I feel seeing K1s move so fast makes me tear up.. but that's how life goes!

event.png

No not on K1, we've been married since 2011.

event.png

Nothing happened, no problems with our case.. Just unlucky? If I'm honest, the envy I feel seeing K1s move so fast makes me tear up.. but that's how life goes!

Its true. the system is ridiculous. How can people that are married and committed wait longer than people who are dating? AND in most cases (from what I've seen on here, have only met once or twice)

We planned to get married and do it that way but our attorney said this would be half the time for a K1

We are in a bit of a different situation than most. My partner has lived with me for 5 years in Australia and has PR. We could not move to the USA due to DOMA (same sex couple) but we would have been married and doing our thing years ago if we could have.

We never thought we would be able to live in the USA so we just settled here. Thank goodness the law changed last year, i don't think she could take being away from her family for much longer.

I really hope you get your interview soon. The waiting sucks. it even sucks for me and I haven't had to wait at all. (Im a bit of a control freak and HAVE to know whats going on though so its doing my head in!!!)

Edited by lilsadie

Its true. the system is ridiculous. How can people that are married and committed wait longer than people who are dating? AND in most cases (from what I've seen on here, have only met once or twice)

We planned to get married and do it that way but our attorney said this would be half the time for a K1

We are in a bit of a different situation than most. My partner has lived with me for 5 years in Australia and has PR. We could not move to the USA due to DOMA (same sex couple) but we would have been married and doing our thing years ago if we could have.

We never thought we would be able to live in the USA so we just settled here. Thank goodness the law changed last year, i don't think she could take being away from her family for much longer.

I really hope you get your interview soon. The waiting sucks. it even sucks for me and I haven't had to wait at all. (Im a bit of a control freak and HAVE to know whats going on though so its doing my head in!!!)

Yeah we lived together after we got married overseas until April 2013 when I came back to Australia for a 'quick' stay until this visa thing was over. Now still waiting! Ugh I'd better win the lottery to even out my terrible luck for no reason.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So excited!!! 15th of July! Its perfect! 1.5/2 months before we hoped to leave so this is PERFECT!!! Once the application is approved we have 6 months to leave AUS don't we? I read somewhere that the visa expires in 4 months?

Its all getting pretty real now!!!

Congrats! I'm not surprised at all that your application moved so fast given your situation.

In answer to your question, the NOA2 expires 4 months from when it is issued, meaning that you need to have your interview within 4 months of receiving the NOA2. Once you have the interview (and assuming you're approved), you will be issued the K-1 visa, so the NOA2 becomes obsolete. Then the K-1 visa is valid for as long as your medical exam results are valid (usually 6 months, unless the beneficiary has a medical condition such as HIV or hepatitis, in which case it's valid for only 3 months*). In other words, if you're relatively healthy, your K-1 visa will be good for 6 months from the date of your medical exam.

*Don't quote me on this. I read this a while ago somewhere on one of the U.S. government websites, and I'm not 100% sure which medical conditions reduce the validity period to 3 months, but it's something along those lines.

Best of luck!

K1

5 Mar 2014: I-129F petition sent to Lewisville TX lockbox
11 Mar 2014: NOA1 (Petition forwarded to California Service Center)
13 Mar 2014: NOA2 received
21 Apr 2014: NVC received package, assigned case number
29 Apr 2014: Packet 3 received

13 May 2014: Medical
27 May 2014: Interview, approval
29 May 2014: Visa issued
28 Jul 2014: US Arrival

12 Aug 2014: Marriage

AOS

29 Aug 2014: Filed I-485, I-765, I-131 to Chicago IL lockbox

3 Sep 2014: NOA received (I-485, I-765, I-131)

5 Sep 2014: ASC Appointment Notice (Biometric)

23 Sep 2014: Biometric Appointment

9 Oct 2014: I-765 / I-131 - Card/Document Production

20 Oct 2014: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

11 Dec 2014: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case

30 Jun 2015: Filed EAD/AP Combo Card Renewal

28 Jul 2015: I-485 Card/Document Production and Decision

24 Aug 2015: I-485 Received

ROC

3 May 2017 (90 days before expiry): Filed I-751 to VSC (USPS Priority)

6 May 2017: USCIS Received

16 May 2017: USCIS Cashed Check

18 May 2017: I-797 Received

21 Jun 2017: Biometric Appointment

29 May 2018: NOA Approval Notice

5 Jun 2018: I-551 Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah we lived together after we got married overseas until April 2013 when I came back to Australia for a 'quick' stay until this visa thing was over. Now still waiting! Ugh I'd better win the lottery to even out my terrible luck for no reason.

I second what lilsadie said. The system needs to be changed. I know numerous married Australian-American couples who have been waiting a year plus for their visa to move to the States. There's no reason I can see for it to take that long if K-1s are being issued within a few months of application. I mean, I'm super grateful that we got our K-1 so quickly, but applications from married couples need to be processed that quick too.

K1

5 Mar 2014: I-129F petition sent to Lewisville TX lockbox
11 Mar 2014: NOA1 (Petition forwarded to California Service Center)
13 Mar 2014: NOA2 received
21 Apr 2014: NVC received package, assigned case number
29 Apr 2014: Packet 3 received

13 May 2014: Medical
27 May 2014: Interview, approval
29 May 2014: Visa issued
28 Jul 2014: US Arrival

12 Aug 2014: Marriage

AOS

29 Aug 2014: Filed I-485, I-765, I-131 to Chicago IL lockbox

3 Sep 2014: NOA received (I-485, I-765, I-131)

5 Sep 2014: ASC Appointment Notice (Biometric)

23 Sep 2014: Biometric Appointment

9 Oct 2014: I-765 / I-131 - Card/Document Production

20 Oct 2014: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

11 Dec 2014: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case

30 Jun 2015: Filed EAD/AP Combo Card Renewal

28 Jul 2015: I-485 Card/Document Production and Decision

24 Aug 2015: I-485 Received

ROC

3 May 2017 (90 days before expiry): Filed I-751 to VSC (USPS Priority)

6 May 2017: USCIS Received

16 May 2017: USCIS Cashed Check

18 May 2017: I-797 Received

21 Jun 2017: Biometric Appointment

29 May 2018: NOA Approval Notice

5 Jun 2018: I-551 Received

have been married 14 yrs and got a so called "expedite" at nvc and still no interview date for Sydney, mail from my family usa way moves faster than a file LOL!!!

congrats to you salt, there is no rhyme or reason to it, I hope we make it back to the states before my immediate family member has any more issues with their stage IV cancer.

we are now at the 7 month stage of all this, and when we get all done stateside............ whoa am I ever going to get soooooooooo loud! I hope my other half is able to treated like the "special immigrant he is", you know tick the box for not born in usa, tick the box for special this and that, LOL

hang in there jaja, looked at your time, wow absurd mate!

The silver lining at least is that you will have permanent residency status upon arrival, and since you've been married for longer than 2 years you won't have to have a 2 year provisional green card.

I-129F posted: 25/11/2013

NOA1: 9/12/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 10/12/2013

NOA2: 5/2/2014

Received at NVC: 19/02/2014

Left NVC: 24/02/2014

Received at Consulate: 10/03/2014

Received Packet 3: 10/03/2014

Consulate Interview: 8/04/2014

POE LAX: 2/07/2014

Married: 11/07/2014

AOS posted: 17/07/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.