Naji

Help Required for DV-2015 Form DS-260

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Can I get some help in regards to DS-260 form as some questions are really confusing and answers are different for each case. So I'm seeking an advise for my specific case.

My wife is from Tajikistan, I am from Palestine (holding of a Travel Document for Palestinian Refugees issued by the Government of Lebanon). This one looks exactly like a passport but it's called a travel document. It has a number and a photo and all of any normal passport details. expiry date .. etc

This is what my travel document looks like:

frank4.jpg

Lebanon_refugee2002%252528GS%252529-1.jp

my wife won the lottery for DV-2015 and we are in the stage of filling form ds-260. so the main applicant is my wife, we are applying as a family so we are filling a form for my wife and two more for me and our son.

1. As we are filling the forms my wife is pregnant with the second baby, and her due is end of Aug 2014. Do we need to mention that in the form ? I think we'll have the baby by the time of the interview. how to deal with this ?

2. When we are filling my form, What should be mentioned in the section of "Country/Region of Origin (Nationality)" I selected "Palestinian Authority". Now the question is, what shall I select for the document Type?
If I select "Other Travel Document" it does not ask me for any details of my travel document. Shall I select Passport instead ?!! and enter my travel document's details ?!!!

3. I have done studies in India and stayed there for 4 years, and now residing in United Arab Emirates, do I need to apply for a police certificate from India ?

4. Is there any documents that require to scan and send to KCC by email ?

Appreciate Your Support and Help.

Edited by Naji

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

1. As we are filling the forms my wife is pregnant with the second baby, and her due is end of Aug 2014. Do we need to mention that in the form ? I think we'll have the baby by the time of the interview. how to deal with this ?

You can fill your forms now. Once your wife delivers, get your newborn a passport and there is a tab to add a relative.

2. When we are filling my form, What should be mentioned in the section of "Country/Region of Origin (Nationality)" I selected "Palestinian Authority". Now the question is, what shall I select for the document Type?
If I select "Other Travel Document" it does not ask me for any details of my travel document. Shall I select Passport instead ?!! and enter my travel document's details ?!!!

No. If It is not asking you for a number, you do not need to state it. You will be given a chance to explain at the interview.

3. I have done studies in India and stayed there for 4 years, and now residing in United Arab Emirates, do I need to apply for a police certificate from India ?

Yes you need a certificate from India. If you do not plan to go there as Indian Authorities do not issue Certificates outside India, Call KCC to clarify.

4. Is there any documents that require to scan and send to KCC by email ? No.

You can fill your forms now. Once your wife delivers, get your newborn a passport and there is a tab to add a relative.

No. If It is not asking you for a number, you do not need to state it. You will be given a chance to explain at the interview.

Yes you need a certificate from India. If you do not plan to go there as Indian Authorities do not issue Certificates outside India, Call KCC to clarify.

4. Is there any documents that require to scan and send to KCC by email ? No.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

We have contacted KCC and their replies were as below:

Answer:

if baby is born before the interview date, you have to fill DS-260 form for the newborn before your interview.

if baby is born after the interview date, contact the embassy where you have done the interview

Answer:

Document Type : Other Travel Document

Answer:

Contact the embassy where you are going to attend your interview

4. Is there any documents that require to scan and send to KCC by email ?

Answer:

NO

If baby is born after the interview but before you travel, you get a travel document (I think it's called a transportation letter) from the embassy, and your baby will be processed on arrival. You obviously need a passport for the baby too.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.