Maybe

From Ukraine. Rushing process from CR-1 to K-3.. need advice

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, Ladies & gentlemen,

Urgently need someone advice..

I'm from Ukraine (Crimea), got married with US Citizen in October, 2013, there.

Now changed my residence while waiting for process to Moscow, Russia. 'cause it's too dangerous being there.

Found an immigration lawyer who sent documents to NVC and got 1st NOA.

Now decided to rush process to K-3 to get faster to US and finally be together.

Lawyer said that according to i-129F, which states that "in accordance with the LIFE Act, the beneficiary of a K-3 visa has to apply for the visa with the embassy for the country in which the marriage took place".

So it would be Ukrainian Embassy in Kiev.

but relatives and friends beware of my life that its dangerous situation happening in Ukraine now, the same in Kiev.

Few months ago i got notarized my affidavit for the purpose of i-130 Form for CR-1/IR-1 here in Moscow.

Notary public in the Embassy notarized it. but he adviced me to prepare for the interview anyway in Kiev, Ukraine, 'cause i'm a citizen of Ukraine.

So.. i need an advice how to do it the best way..

I need to go to Ukrainian Embassy anyway? or are there any exceptions?

Can't wait to be finally with my spouse.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There will never be any K3 visa interview, because the National Visa Center changed their policy on dealing with I-129F petitions more than three years ago. If your lawyer doesn't know this, I suggest you fire them. If by some weird chance the I-129F were to get through the system, it would be to the US Embassy in Kiev, not any Ukrainian anything. Don't bother with the second petition. It will not help you.

Here is a link to the notice of the change in procedure. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/spouse-citizen.html#5

Further, the K3 visa stopped saving more than a few weeks of time from filing to visa interview, in November, 2006, due to a USCIS procedure change.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If your only worry is going to Kyiv, then you have no worries. You can go there without any worries of events happening throughout the rest of the country.

Also, hope you did not change Ukrainian passport to Russian!!!!

Timeline

If your only worry is going to Kyiv, then you have no worries. You can go there without any worries of events happening throughout the rest of the country.

Also, hope you did not change Ukrainian passport to Russian!!!!

No, i haven't.. i'm still ukrainian citizen.

Timeline

Good!!! Then as the other member previously stated....K-3 will be a waste of time. Everything WILL go through embassy in Kyiv.

If you have official "resident" status in Russia, you can interview in Moscow. If you stated your current address on the I-130 as living in Russia, the case will automatically be routed to Moscow. Only the obsolete K3 visa requires the interview to be in the country the marriage took place.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You might have trouble leaving or entering Crimea. My wife's friend is from Crimea, was visiting her mother in Ukraine and now is stuck in Ukraine because she was turned away at the border by Ukrainian border guards.

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

You might have trouble leaving or entering Crimea. My wife's friend is from Crimea, was visiting her mother in Ukraine and now is stuck in Ukraine because she was turned away at the border by Ukrainian border guards.

Thanks for news..

Hope this wouldn't happen to me.

Well, i'm in Moscow right now and i plan to go to Kyiv in few months by plane.

guess it would be alright.

Timeline

got a little bit confused ..

i'm still a ukrainian citizen with ukrainian passport

BUT

Crimea and Sevastopol (where i have official "resident" status) is recognized as Russian Federation part of the country.

so.. my IR/CR-1 interview in few months would be held in Moscow? or in Kyiv anyway 'cause of ukrainian citizenship?

Timeline

You can interview in your country of citizenship or country of residence. If Russia recognizes you as "residing" in Russia, you can interview in Moscow. What is your status in Russia?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

You can interview in your country of citizenship or country of residence. If Russia recognizes you as "residing" in Russia, you can interview in Moscow. What is your status in Russia?

Well.. i am a foreigner, its like a guest status here in Moscow.

but as you know since Referendum which took place on the 18th of March Russia says that Crimea is their part. So i'm totally confused with this transfers and documents.

Guess, i can get an interview here.

Timeline

Probably so. That's what I've been saying to you since my first post in this thread. In your first post, you wrote, "

Now changed my residence while waiting for process to Moscow, Russia. 'cause it's too dangerous being there.

Found an immigration lawyer who sent documents to NVC and got 1st NOA."

I take it you file using your current address in Moscow. If so, the case will be sent to Moscow. If not, it can be transferred there, if that is where you a are "residing" not just "visiting". The distinction is whether you are considered a "residing guest" or just a temporary visitor.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.