rav77

Travelling with Conditional GC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife's passport is still in her maiden name. When she travelled to Canada on her AP document, the US customs folks said she can book her tickets under her married name now because the K1 visa in her passport tells them that her name has changed. But don't airlines get upset if the ticket name is different then the passport name?

Also, now that she has her Green Card, does that make the situation any better? I'm just worried about raising problems, either with customs or with the airline. Any help would be much appreciated.

rav

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haven't travelled yet since my approval but i guess as long as she brings along her Green Card there won't be a problem. Just bring all necessary documents and she'll be fine. Goodluck and God Bless!

May 9, 2005 - Arrived in the US

Jun. 18, 2005 - Got Married

Jul. 28, 2005 - AOS and EAD submitted

Aug. 3, 2005 - INS receipt

Aug. 7, 2005 - Received NOA 1

Nov. 16,2005 - AOS Biometrics

Jan. 23, 2006 - AOS Interview (Approved with stamped passport)

Jan. 25, 2006 - E-mail confirmation from USCIS (application approved)

Jan. 27, 2006 - Received the Welcome to America Notice

Feb. 1, 2006 - E-mail Notice from USCIS to send Green Card (Yipeeee)

Feb. 3, 2006 - Received my Green Card (Two Year GC....Woohoo)

Jan. 23,2008 - File for Removal of Conditional Status

Jan. 30,2008 - Received NOA 1

Feb. 23, 2008 - Biometrics

Dec. 6, 2008 - Received RFE paper

Dec. 18, 2008 - Submitted documents thru Postal Mail.

Jan. 6, 2009 - Card Production Ordered (Yipee....light at the end of the tunnel!!!!)

Jan. 12, 2009 - 10 Year Greencard Received (Thank God!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So far as I know, the airline tickets HAVE to match the name on your passport or you'll have big problems getting on the plane.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.