GENERAL B

dv 2014 5 months AP

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi everyone ,

I won the dv 2014 which i submitted married earlier as was married. So , in January 14 i had my interview at us embassy in yaounde and got into AP. 2 months later in March , they called my wife and I for a second interview separately where they asked us so many questions regarding the day of our weeding. we gave at 95% the same answers.Then i understood that they have a doubt about our relationship. I thought that the AP was because of my certificates in the sense that most of them were duplicata including my birth certificate ( i got my bag stolen with all my documents ). Wedding pictures , transfers money when my wife was in another city for uni got submitted the day of the interview. In April 23 , we received a call from them and they asked some questions they asked before and we answered.Then they told us that they are not sure about our marriage and ask for more evidence. We told them we do not have that much to submit again but we are waiting a baby by August and they can do even the ADN test if that can be enough and they said the gonna call us. the week after we print out all our conversations and emails from 2010 to 2011 before our marriage ( she was in another city for studies ) and post through solex ( like dhl). Till now we have not received any calls from them. From the date of our interview till now our status got up dated 4 times but still on AP. Furthermore our medical examinations gonna expired soon. I am getting tired of all this procedure and I do not even know how this gonna end ( approval or deny).

What do you think when reading this guys??????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Unfortunatly no one can tell you abou the out-come of your case !

You will have to wait...

Good luck man

Hi everyone ,

I won the dv 2014 which i submitted married earlier as was married. So , in January 14 i had my interview at us embassy in yaounde and got into AP. 2 months later in March , they called my wife and I for a second interview separately where they asked us so many questions regarding the day of our weeding. we gave at 95% the same answers.Then i understood that they have a doubt about our relationship. I thought that the AP was because of my certificates in the sense that most of them were duplicata including my birth certificate ( i got my bag stolen with all my documents ). Wedding pictures , transfers money when my wife was in another city for uni got submitted the day of the interview. In April 23 , we received a call from them and they asked some questions they asked before and we answered.Then they told us that they are not sure about our marriage and ask for more evidence. We told them we do not have that much to submit again but we are waiting a baby by August and they can do even the ADN test if that can be enough and they said the gonna call us. the week after we print out all our conversations and emails from 2010 to 2011 before our marriage ( she was in another city for studies ) and post through solex ( like dhl). Till now we have not received any calls from them. From the date of our interview till now our status got up dated 4 times but still on AP. Furthermore our medical examinations gonna expired soon. I am getting tired of all this procedure and I do not even know how this gonna end ( approval or deny).

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Unfortunatly no one can tell you abou the out-come of your case !

You will have to wait...

Good luck man

Hi everyone ,

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Hi everyone ,

It's hard to tell, and I can understand it must be frustrating. However you have not been denied yet so at least they are still looking, hopefully you will have enough evidence to convince them. If they approve your visas, there is a possibility you may have to redo your medicals before you can get the visas - sometimes AP does go on long enough that medicals expire, and they cannot issue the visa without valid medicals. Wishing you lots of good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Sorry to here...but that same embassy done my husband the same way they kept asking for more proof bc they didn't think we was going to get married. After 2 request for more evidence we were denied. So now we just got married and will be filing for spouse visa

Wait- diid you say you were married when you weren't? Did you file as single? If you were not married of course they could not give him as derivative visa. The only thing confusing, if I understood this correctly, is that they didn't deny him immediately. Were they waiting for you to marry between you getting the visa and you arriving in the US?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.