Abdrehman

Wrong Case Number AS instead of AF

11 posts in this topic

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello there,

i receieved a wrong CN when i checked my entry status

im ethiopian born in Ethiopia ( Africa ) living in UAE ( ASIA ), a DV 2015 Winner

i applied back in OCT 2013 as below :

Birth Place : Ethiopia

Nationality : Ethiopia

Living place : UAE

when i checked the selection page i found the countrey of chargability is UAE, and im sure i didnt selected UAE, because it was clearly mentioned that this is not where you live, so im not so stupid to select that i born/citizen of UAE ....

but i recieved ASIA case number which is : 2015AS000078**

similar cases of Africans living in UAE got case numbers from africa, even though i found a guy from egypt who had similar issue, african with asian case number, and he went to the embassy in Abudhabi, and didnt have any problem, they interviewed him, granted the VISA too

Can someone explain please ....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm sure it because you put the wrong country of chargeability !

I'm sorry dude but you will be certainly denied IMO ..,

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Timeline

I'm sure it because you put the wrong country of chargeability !

I'm sorry dude but you will be certainly denied IMO ..,

well, is there any way i can avoid paying fees before i know im disqualified ??

thanks

Timeline

thanks

Look doesn't cost top send ds230, so send it and once current phone the embassy before the interview and hear from them!

Good luck mate

thanks

Find out if Abu Dhabi makes you pay fees before anyone looks at your papers or if it is one of the embassies where someone first checks your papers and then gives you the option of withdrawing before you pay your fee if they find a problem.

Timeline

Find out if Abu Dhabi makes you pay fees before anyone looks at your papers or if it is one of the embassies where someone first checks your papers and then gives you the option of withdrawing before you pay your fee if they find a problem.

they usually check the papers before yu proceed for payment .. by the way .. i found now on the internet a guy from Sudan who is living in Abu dhabi .. he faced the same issue .. but he got the Visa too .. i think it depends on those who is checking the papers .. if they noticed or not

Timeline

they usually check the papers before yu proceed for payment .. by the way .. i found now on the internet a guy from Sudan who is living in Abu dhabi .. he faced the same issue .. but he got the Visa too .. i think it depends on those who is checking the papers .. if they noticed or not

You are right that might not catch it ! But on the other hand if they catch you its a denial! Because if it had to be on the same region you would be still safe, but now you cn shows AS while your an AF !

There is a morrocan guy that applied in spain with wrong country of chargeability he had EU cn instead of AF... The visa was granted to him but after he walked out they called him back in !

And of course they cancelled his visa.

Timeline

Thank you for your help guys .. i found an arabic forum ( as i speak arabic ) where there is a section for UAE .. the happy surprise is that most of ppl in UAE is getting AS numbers .. whether they are from UAE or any other place in the world .. i found now 3 egyptions living in UAE with AS numbers and Forign state of chargability mentioned UAE

so i hope this exception from the rules or somthng

Timeline

Thank you for your help guys .. i found an arabic forum ( as i speak arabic ) where there is a section for UAE .. the happy surprise is that most of ppl in UAE is getting AS numbers .. whether they are from UAE or any other place in the world .. i found now 3 egyptions living in UAE with AS numbers and Forign state of chargability mentioned UAE

so i hope this exception from the rules or somthng

Excellent than you must just follow up with them and see if they get the visas !

Best of luck to you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.