tswielder

CP Process in Canada

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The bottom line is whether you ultimately want to be right and put effort into convincing UCSIS to see your POV or if you ultimately want to get your green card. The discussion boards are full of anecdotes of people getting declined during the interview for trivial things. When dealing with the government, the rule of thumb is to keep it simple and that unfortunately often means doing it their way.

The response from the Ottawa embassy feels like a "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" situation. Everything relating to the DV and Canada indicates that Montreal is the only place that interviews happen, and yet Ottawa is saying you can do it with them. If it were me, I would leave nothing to chance.

lol I don't "want to be right." I'm rather surprised by the strong negative reactions and presumptions from so many people. It doesn't hurt to ask. That's all. Calm down, people. I'm not making any claims that my case is special or I should be treated as such. I'm simply saying it doesn't hurt to ask. It doesn't matter what's right, wrong, possible, impossible. But, if we don't even ask, we never know what is/isn't. I do appreciate the pretty good points you brought up there, but please stop making reference to my intent as many of you are just reading too much into it.

And, I agree, dealing with government entities are hard, especially when most of their employees are just trained to follow scripts.

Edited by tswielder

Filed: Timeline

OK. I finally got the answer to whether or not medicals must be done in the same country or not (e.g. one may decide to do CP in Canada but may wish to obtain medicals in the United States before leaving for Canada for various reasons). According to KCC, it is up to CG/Embassy, so there's no general rule around this. So, if a specific CG/Embassy decides that it's acceptable, it's a go. I hope this info may be helpful to some people.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

OK. I finally got the answer to whether or not medicals must be done in the same country or not (e.g. one may decide to do CP in Canada but may wish to obtain medicals in the United States before leaving for Canada for various reasons). According to KCC, it is up to CG/Embassy, so there's no general rule around this. So, if a specific CG/Embassy decides that it's acceptable, it's a go. I hope this info may be helpful to some people.

Thanks for the infos

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.