ajhigh

Chicago AOS Timelines

87 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I filed on February, my NOA1 was on 2/20 and I got the interview email on 7/23 so 5 months after. I really hope that you get get reschedule soon, it looks like it is a little faster, did they tell you how long it may take to reschedule?

Yes, I'm glad Chicago is catching up (hopefully)!

The customer service rep, and also a Tier 2 officer I spoke to, both said it can take up to 30 days for a request to reschedule to be processed. Which is a bit silly because that's usually the number of days notice you have for the interview. I've tried asking numerous people "what happens if they don't notice my request to reschedule and I don't turn up" and I just get the script answer - "requests are usually handled in 30 days". Ah well.

Worst case scenario, if I haven't heard anything before the scheduled date (August 11), we're thinking of sending my husband down to be in the building and if it hasn't been rescheduled, presumably that will mean he can speak to the officer and explain the situation in person. We have lots of documentation of the request to reschedule, and proof of why I'm in Germany.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey ajhigh - hope you can enjoy your time away. I'm sure its stressful thinking about this but there's nothing you can really do but hope and wait. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to have a nice shiny envelope waiting for you when you get home with the earliest time and date possible for you to cross the finish line :-)

Day 1:[01/16/2014] I-130, I-485, I-765 delivered to Chicago

Day 5:[01/20/2014] NOA1 confirmation texts + emails

Day 8:[01/23/2014] NOA1 hard copies in the mail

Day 14:[01/29/2014] Biometrics Appointment letter in Mail for 02/11/14

Day 22:[02/07/2014] Early Walk-in - Denied. Didn't know about early walk-in til now

Day 27:[02/11/2014] Biometrics Done

Day 36:[02/20/2014] I-485 Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

Day 69:[03/26/2014] EAD Approved. Status Online Changed to "Card/ Document Production"

Day 171: [7/10/14] Got Notice of Interview Scheduled for 8/12/14

Day 202: (8/12/14] Interview Completed in Chicago downtown Office

Day 202: (8/12/14] Got Approved Notice and GC is in Production

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got an update today ead card production. Another step done... Hopefully everything goes fast and smooth with interview scheduling and interview itself.

Timeline

Well I'm still in Germany teaching, and my interview is next Monday (11th August) and I still haven't received an update on my request to reschedule.

We're getting understandably nervous. I'm ringing regularly but USCIS says you have to wait 30 days before inquiring about a service request (even though I got less than thirty days notice of my interview, counting from the date the letter arrived).

If we don't hear in the meantime, we plan to send my husband downtown alone on Monday to plead our case in person, show them the documents we submitted showing I'm in Germany on business and that it would have resulted in severe financial hardship if I'd had to decline this business opportunity for sake of going to the interview.

Timeline

I got my EAD card already after tagged as undeliverable as addressed by USPS...

The next wait would for interview for AOS? Anybody here who's waiting for their interview date too?

Timeline

Hey everyone - wanted to give an update. We had our Interview yesterday at the downtown office. I am the petitioner and my husband is the applicant. So our apt time was 8am and we got there about 20 mins early Its a big waiting area there with TVs and vending machines. We dressed nicely, but nothing formal. We were called in about 8:45 and must have gotten lucky with a really nice lady. She was very casual with us from the moment we sat down, we talked and joked and had a couple of laughs before we started. My husband can be very friendly, which is good in this case. She had our file, with everything we submitted. We brought original marriage certificate and original birth certificates and my naturalization papers. They just want to confirm that what we submitted is what we have. Then she went through almost all our paperwork But skimmed through most of it. She asked if my husband is currently working and he is. She asked where and how we met. We had submitted in color about 20 copies of our pictures from our wedding day and family pictures and some vacations we took. We were so prepared, brought our wedding album, photobooks, other pictures, but she said what she had was good enough. Then she asked for any updated job paystubs and any updated bank accounts or rental agreements showing both our names on it. We had that too. So a lot was just to confirm things and she only goes by what we submitted. Anyone who meets us can tell my husband and I are in love and very much together. I'm sure she saw that too. About 20 minutes later she said she would approve us. My husband was SO excited he asked if he could give her a hug. She said she would update the system either by end of day or latest by end of the week. When we left her office, he actually went and hugged her. She was great about it. So we did get lucky in getting a lady who was experienced, went with her instinct and didn't ask too many questions.

Around 5:30pm, we got a text that our case was updated. We checked online and GC is In production. WooHooooo. My husband is so so happy and so am I. We will definitely be celebrating.

Thanks to everyone and good luck

Day 22:[02/07/2014] Early Walk-in - Denied. Didn't know about early walk-in til now

Day 69:[03/26/2014] EAD Approved. Status Online Changed to "Card/ Document Production"

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally managed to reschedule my interview - original date was August 11th, interview is tomorrow September 4th. I'll post a review when I'm done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So happy for you!

I am a little desperate. I went to my interview on the 25. The interview was really easy, I was asked the yes/no questions, then the officer asked for any additional documents, verified all the info, and approved me on the spot. Which was really nice! She told me I would get my card in two weeks. The interview took less than 10 mins. However, I haven't received any updates on my case online :( and that was one week ago. My husband had a trip out of the country and I wanted to go with him, so I ask if I could get a stamp but I was told they were for emergency only. So my husband posponed his trip, we are hping to travel by dicember. But not online updates as of today.

I am a little sad for that because I noticed that some of you got updates on the same day of the interview.

Oh well, hopefully i get some news soon.

Finally managed to reschedule my interview - original date was August 11th, interview is tomorrow September 4th. I'll post a review when I'm done!

Timeline

Ajhigh - good luck tomorrow. Im sure you guys will do great.

Maymart - sorry to hear that. But the only thing I can say is due long wknd and the interview only being last week maybe the card is on its way and uscis just hasnt updated their site. That happened to me when EAD card was approved. Hopefully by next week you should here something. I'll keep my fingers crossed for u

Timeline

Thanks everyone - interview was fine, and I just got a text saying card is in production. Finally made it! Maymart, very sorry about your delayed travel plans, but hopefully as RIJ said, it's on its way. Good luck!

Timeline

Ajhigh. Congrats. Finally eh?

Timeline

Congrats!!!!! :)

Thanks everyone - interview was fine, and I just got a text saying card is in production. Finally made it! Maymart, very sorry about your delayed travel plans, but hopefully as RIJ said, it's on its way. Good luck!

Timeline

R&J

So you received your EAD without the internet update? That gives me hope. :) any ways I will wait another 2 weeks and see what happens.

So glad that things are catching up for Chicago.

Ajhigh - good luck tomorrow. Im sure you guys will do great.

Maymart - sorry to hear that. But the only thing I can say is due long wknd and the interview only being last week maybe the card is on its way and uscis just hasnt updated their site. That happened to me when EAD card was approved. Hopefully by next week you should here something. I'll keep my fingers crossed for u

Timeline

Hopefully things catch up faster in Chicago office... We are waiting for too long for our cases to be processed when compared to other local uscis offices.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.