FilAmRouge

Possibly living apart prior to submitting form

3 posts in this topic

Can someone give me some advice please? My spouse got his temporary green card issued a couple of months ago. Now he wants to change jobs and is looking in different states. I can't move because I am about 75% of the way toward my retirement. Is it absolutely required that we be living together in order to get the conditions removed from his green card in about two years? Our lawyer's assistant tells us it shouldn't be a problem if we can prove bonafide marriage in other ways, but I'm not so sure. Does anyone have experience like this? I know it would be better for my spouse to wait the two years before moving to a different state, but he doesn't think it will be an issue for his green card. I'm not as optimistic. Thanks for any advice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Gambia
Timeline

Living separately does not necessarily mean that her application to remove conditions will be denied. There are various ways that she can proof a bonfide marriage. You may also need to provide an explanation as to why you live separately.

If you can't move and he is looking for jobs in other states,wanna live separately for 2 years or more,for a realistic marriage it does look suspicious from common point of view and definitely from USCIS point of view.

Marriage is all about a couple who wanna live together and can't live apart for more time.

Somebody experienced may shed light on documents required to remove conditions in this case but living together is one of the main conditions for bonafide marriage.

Separation for longer time might make roc more difficult as compared to cases where couple live together.

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.