GusandCrys

What did your Fiance bring with them when coming to USA?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

• My husband is planning on bringing one suitcase filled with clothes and a backpack (carry on) with important documents and his computer (which he bought here in the US while visiting and took with him to Brazil.)

Our kitties are already here in the US since they live with me and are eagerly awaiting "papai". (Sofia Isabella passed away on Feb 27th.. she was his favorite :( and will travel with him to the US in spirit. )

Aw, we are sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure our cat will just think it's a normal day, until her daddy comes in the door and then she will have a nice surprise!

Agreed with the rest, only advise your fiancee to bring stuff that he will have a hard time getting here. I have only brought 4 big luggages and a handbag, of mostly clothes that I bought in the past 2 years, personal electronic devices and important legal documents, and some dried mangoes ;). I have donated most of my clothes and other reusable stuff to family and friends.

Always remember that material things are always replaceable. Safe travels to your fiance! :)

Thank you!

Service Center: California Service Center

Embassy: Rio de Janeiro

Met: August 22, 2005

First Visit: March-April 2011

Second Visit: August-October 2012

Third Visit: August-September 2013

I-129F Sent: 09/14/2013

Package Received: 09/17/2013

NOA1: 09/19/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 09/28/2013

NOA2:10/08/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 10/12/2013

18 Days From NOA1 until NOA2

NVC Received: 11/07/2013

Case Number Received: 11/08/2013

Sent to Embassy: 11/12/2013

Emailed Embassy asking if they got case: 11/10/2013

Response, not received yet: 11/13/2013

Emailed embassy again: 11/17/2013

Response, received but no interview date yet: 11/18/2013

Case Touched by Consulate: 11/22/2013

Interview Date: 01/23/2014

Visa Issued: 2/7/2014

POE: Detroit, Michigan. 5/17/2014

This is going so fast and we are so blessed. You will be in my arms soon, My Love.

My husband is planning on bringing one suitcase filled with clothes and a backpack (carry on) with important documents and his computer (which he bought here in the US while visiting and took with him to Brazil.)

Our kitties are already here in the US since they live with me and are eagerly awaiting "papai". (Sofia Isabella passed away on Feb 27th.. she was his favorite :( and will travel with him to the US in spirit. )

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Losing pets is always heartbreaking. Sofia Isabella is a beautiful name. I couldn't imagine leaving behind my two cats though my husband had to pay more money to bring them here. Most of my friends kept telling me to let other people adopt them because they knew how ridiculous Indonesian law regarding animals import. But they are just like my children to me.

I brought my medicines and didn't have any problem at the airports..i put my medicines in the luggage and also in handbag.

I also brought many medicines and did not encounter any problem at the airports. They only asked if we bring some products like fresh meat, rice, etc. But they did not ask about medicines.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

I brought over my documents, clothing, laptop and some personal things, everything else got sold, donated or recycled.

Indeed. I gave away my TV, karaoke system, DVD, CDs, several items to my family, cookware and the other stuff to my friends who helped me to packing all my stuff. I am a petite girl so it is not easy to find clothing that fit with me in the US. I wish could get recycled though but we run out of time and my husband had come back to the US because his vacation almost near of the end. I was also brought my laptop and iPad because I still have a lot important files there.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Do you realize that different states have different cost of living index? http://www.missourieconomy.org/indicators/cost_of_living/index.stm

In general, I do find most things (especially basic needs) are cheaper here in US than in Europe.

No, I thought everything in a country as vast as the US would be exactly the same price!!!

We will have to agree to disagree as I find most things particularly supermarket stuff more expensive that the UK.

But somebody taught me online shopping! :wacko: Ohh myy, everything I need is in Amazon! uhh-ohh!

Your husband is going to hate me for putting you on to Amazon having more than books :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

No, I thought everything in a country as vast as the US would be exactly the same price!!!

We will have to agree to disagree as I find most things particularly supermarket stuff more expensive that the UK.

Not at all. Hawaii has very cheap fruit and veggie produce selection. Ohio and other states with corn/wheat/rice fields have very cheap bread. And of course, states by the ocean have cheaper seafood. There will always be states with supermarket stuff cheaper than what you see in your state. :)

Your husband is going to hate me for putting you on to Amazon having more than books :rofl:

I told him I now know where I can find my usual products and showed him the Amazon page. His response, "Good! Your EAD card is almost here." :rofl:

• Aw, we are sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure our cat will just think it's a normal day, until her daddy comes in the door and then she will have a nice surprise!

Thank you!

You're welcome. Remind your fiance not to worry too much about his personal effects as well, I'm sure he will be able to find new and probably better products here. Also, there should be some local Latin American supermarkets near you. (I hope I got that right that Brazilians are considered Latinos :blush: ) :)

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.