sara d

I130 and k3 pending need help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi there,i m us citizen got married in January 2014.My spouse was in USA on b1 b2 multiple visa when we got married.Due to his job commitments he had to go back to Dubai.I applied for i130 in feb and k3 in march.Now both are pending.My problem is that my husband work visa is expiring in june.We applied the consulate as Dubai consulate for interview purposes.Now if his case doesn't get approved by may then its gonna b hard coz then by june he has to leave Dubai coz thts the law there.I dont know how he will take care of his interview stuff.Please help

Also just so you know once you file it with USCIS and that petion gets approved it still needs to go to NVC fir fees and more paperwork then once case complete it will go to embassy for interview. If you are certain he will not stay in Dubai past June you may want to call USCIS and see if you can change the interviewing embassy.

a95km9y.png
event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You won't get approved by June, the process takes about a year.

On the good news front, it is easy to change embassy to wherever your husband will work next/ his home country. He can interview anywhere he is legally resident.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

You won't get approved by June, the process takes about a year.

On the good news front, it is easy to change embassy to wherever your husband will work next/ his home country. He can interview anywhere he is legally resident.

Sorry to say but how r u so certain it wont be approved untill 1 year?i did see some cases filled in march 2014 n got approved in april 2014. and those were also for spouse. I am really stressed out.Dont knw how they process it as because some they approve ahead of time and some still pending.Plz help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think you missread those cases (maybe you mean til NOA 1?), or they were military expedites. Looking at average processing times, you are looking at 10-11 months form filing to interview at this time.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

So u kniw for certain that his job will end in June? If it doesn't he can get hus Dubai visa extended. What country is he from originally in others words where will he go back to in June if hus job ends?

They donot extend visa there.Its contract basis .In order to stay there since he is on work visa he will have to make 2 years contract with the employers.And any time he break the contract he is permanently banned from there.He is originally from India.BEing only child of his parents and all living in Dubai he has no one in India n no place to live at.I heard entering on b1 b2 Into USA is not advicable. Plz guide

I think you missread those cases (maybe you mean til NOA 1?), or they were military expedites. Looking at average processing times, you are looking at 10-11 months form filing to interview at this time.

I am more worried about approval. coz if he gets approved by may or june then he can request his employer for few months extention.Coz he can provide approval papers.

it was NOA1 in march 2014 and NOA2 in April. i did see many cases of that sort since past few days . i am worried more about approval. Coz as long he gets approval by may or June he is ok coz then his employer can extend his contract for few more months

it was NOA1 in march 2014 and NOA2 in April. i did see many cases of that sort since past few days . i am worried more about approval. Coz as long he gets approval by may or June he is ok coz then his employer can extend his contract for few more months

and also am so confused coz k3 prcessing tiem is 5 months so if i 130 takes longer k3 should work. but thats not the case either and i read that coming on b1 b2 us also not advicable

ok let me try to explain once you file with uscis and you get the approval then the case will go to NVC there u have to submit more paperwork and pay fees and then once all that is done you get case complete and then the interview is schedule. For example I file both the I-130 & the K3 for my husband on March 19 the I-130 and the K3 on April 4 2013. The I-130 was approved completely on October 22,2013 the K3 was approved completely on October 22, 2013 as well, so at the USCIS stage it took 7 months. Then it went to NVC, received case number and paid the two fees and filled out the DS260 and submitted more paperwork that case was complete on February 18, 2014. My husband interview was schedule on February 28,2014 for April 21, 2014. As you can see a bit over a year all this process takes. One thing I do want to add to prepare you (cuz I was not prepared) just cuz he has an interview does NOT mean he will get visa, it seems a lot of case are being put on AP. Which is basically a hold for further investigation. My husbands and my case was put on AP, so needless to say we are still not together. :cry: This process is very difficult and you two should prepare for a wait, Im sorry I know this is not what you want to hear but it is the truth. I think you and your husband need to discuss if he will be going back to India and maybe look for a cheap place to stay in the mean time. That is what my husband is doing. This is all very trying and very stressful, it will take its toll on both of you. so talk make decisions together. If you need anything please let me know I will help anyway I can

a95km9y.png
event.png

event.png

Im so sorry. I understand how you feel. Believe me I am upset that my case is on AP and there is no time limit on when the embassy will issue visa if they issue it. You would think ppl that are married would go faster than ppl who are just engaged but i guess not. What you probably are seeing is the first approval of the actual petition which is called NOA1, the actual process as i explained is actually a lot longer. I wish it was not like this but there is nothing any of us can do. People who truly love each other being kept apart over political borders. :ranting:

a95km9y.png
event.png

event.png

i agree. yes it was NOA2 but when i phonned the uscis office they said right now TSC is processing sept 30th 2013 cases then how these 2014 march and feb cases got approval? i dont get it. And i m really sorry for wat u goin through.its so hard being alone. I came to know nw a week ago that i am pregnant.My husband has multiple b1 b2 but he doesnt want to be turned away,he recently was here few months ago when we got married in USA.so he stayed for lil over 2 months.so he wants to come stay for a month but i knw it might not b a good idea

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It is not right!

I know cases of people (not military) that had aproved their I-130 in about 1 month and half.

Those are exceptional cases i guess, but i think in 6/7 month NOW you can get your visa accepted.

Now in the USCIS the waiting time about NOA2 is less than 5 months, plus NVC (another 1month to pay and send all the documents requested, that you must have already ready) and 1 more month of waiting to get the appointment at the consulate for interview and medical stuffs) you don't need to give documents at the consulate anymore, because you send all to the NVC (photo+ documents) and 7/10 more days to receive the visa at home.

Total is about 6/7 months.

Let's see if i am right or wrong. :clock:

Feb 12, 2014 I-130 Initial review
Mar 3, 2014 I-129F K3 Initial review
July 12, 2014 end of the timeline that Nebraska indicate for NOA2
Sep 09, USCIS contacted, delay of time due to "security checks"
Sep 15, Senator take care about my case
Sep 20, same answer to my senator from USCIS
Sept 25, I-130 and K3 has been approved!
Oct 15, I-130 sent to NVC from USCIS.
Oct 21, I-130 received by NVC.
Waiting to have a number from NVC and the timelimit of 30 days has gone
48 days and no case number received yet.
Nov 10, expedite sent from Office' Senator to NVC
Nov 12, Case number assigned!
Nov 13, AoS Bill received
Nov 21, bypassed NVC to Naples Consulate.
Dec 09 medical exam
Dec 10 interview and Visa approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.