MalcomX

DV2015 statistics....

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is not correct. Asia was current at year end which means all those who wanted visas were able to get them - with the exception of Iran which hit the country limit on 20 September.

Thanks for your response Susie, please check AS 30-09-2013 here, look at the maximum case number for Aisa of 2013AS10682.

Now, are you saying that nobody had a case number higher than 2013AS10682? hence all the numbers where processed?

My guess that there was a lot higher case numbers than 2013AS10682 but the time was up and all where turned down.

By the way, If you file an immigration petition like DS-260 ( like when you when DV Lottery ) or Adjustment of status you'll never be able to get a B1 or B1-B2 visa to the US because it will be dual intention ( you already demonstrated immigration intentions )...that's why I want to be sure before applying ...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just add on sussie's post:

Last year they selected 62000 from africa with cn number AF01 untill AF116000... So because of the Holes the numbers are stratched...

And so on for the other regions...

Thank you Valdek

Looks like you and Susie right, I added up all the maximum numbers for 6 regions for 2013 it's equal to 141,117 if that was the number of total selected

applications ...

You should also know that the extra 1000 cases you need may also contain holes (Actually lot of holes because at that number IRAN and NEPAL who take 80% of asia cases are excluded because of country limit),

So the real extra you need is very less than 1000, and from that 1000, lot of cases will be refused Visa. i personally think ur number is good.

As Susie mention before last year there were enough Visa for All selectee in Asia, and only Iran hit the 7% limit of issued Visa witch was around 3700 as Vladek already explained

thanks Rafikbo.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Thank you Valdek

Looks like you and Susie right, I added up all the maximum numbers for 6 regions for 2013 it's equal to 141,117 if that was the number of total selected

applications ...

Dv14 140660 selected :) Edited by vladek15425

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Dv14 140660 selected :)

One more question please , do you think Asia got 18% of the total number of visas issued because no more application were there? why for example Africa got 47% of total numbers and EU 32% ? is it because they had much more applications? why Africa has 20900 visa issued within a year when Asia 8500 per the same time period, I mean the rate of visa processed per month on average : Afria 1741 visa per month but Asia 708 only visa per month... do they balance the process time based on how many applications each country has so that towards the end of the fiscal year everybody gets a chance?

Edited by DuIllusion

Thanks for your response Susie, please check AS 30-09-2013 here, look at the maximum case number for Aisa of 2013AS10682.

Now, are you saying that nobody had a case number higher than 2013AS10682? hence all the numbers where processed?

My guess that there was a lot higher case numbers than 2013AS10682 but the time was up and all where turned down.

By the way, If you file an immigration petition like DS-260 ( like when you when DV Lottery ) or Adjustment of status you'll never be able to get a B1 or B1-B2 visa to the US because it will be dual intention ( you already demonstrated immigration intentions )...that's why I want to be sure before applying ...

I don't know what the highest issued case number was, or what the highest number return to KCC was. What I can tell you is, Iranians and those on uncompleted AP aside, everyone who wanted a visa got one. There is precedent for announcing cut offs if they will not have enough visas to satisfy demand - they did not do that. We also know they announce if they have run out of visas before FY end - they only did that for Iran. Therefore, i disagree with your conclusion that there were people who wanted visas who did not get because of their case number. We would know if that were the case.

Also, it's rubbish that you'll never be able to get a B1/B2 visa if you've demonstrated immigrant intent. I have demonstrated immigrant intent for the past 7 years and managed to not only renew my B1/B2 visa but get visas for my minor children during that time too. I have travelled to the US I think 4 times on those visas as well without a problem. The key is to be able to show them that you have enough ties to return to your home country, that you are not the type of person who will become an illegal immigrant prepared to work below minimum wage, etc. in other words that even though yes you want to immigrate, you want to do it legally and will not use a B visa to enter the country then stay illegally.

One more question please , do you think Asia got 18% of the total number of visas issued because no more application were there? why for example Africa got 47% of total numbers and EU 32% ? is it because they had much more applications? why Africa has 20900 visa issued within a year when Asia 8500 per the same time period, I mean the rate of visa processed per month on average : Afria 1741 visa per month but Asia 708 only visa per month... do they balance the process time based on how many applications each country has so that towards the end of the fiscal year everybody gets a chance?

There is a formula that apportions visas among regions. Remember the aim of this is diversity, so proportionally more visas go to regions that have sent less immigrants to the US in total over the last, I think, 5 years. Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

The visas quotas are determined by DOS after approval of the law makers...

Each region has its own quota, I will get you some links later.

Feel free to ask as many question you like :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey guys!!! I was thinking... is there any way we can find the quotas for each region for dv2014??? I mean, last couple of years, SA region issued around 1000 or 1100 visas with +- 2500 selectees. This year, they selected 4620, so I was wondering if maybe the quota was increased or if we can get that information anywhere.

Thanks! :)

Timeline

Timeline

Hey guys!!! I was thinking... is there any way we can find the quotas for each region for dv2014??? I mean, last couple of years, SA region issued around 1000 or 1100 visas with +- 2500 selectees. This year, they selected 4620, so I was wondering if maybe the quota was increased or if we can get that information anywhere.

Thanks! :)

I doubt that anyone can tell about the 2014 dv quotas! Usually the only release the statistic after its finished like 3 months later !

Filed: Other Timeline

Here is the USCIS doc on the quotas....for those who want to wade through it...

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf

Ok... I didn't understand A WORD in that document! And obviously I didn't find the quotas in there either! Jeeeez! I really really need to keep reading the forum :reading::cry:

Timeline

Ooooohhhhhh!!! that makes sense!!! So I'm not that "google-dumb", right? Well... I'll keep waiting

Vero, you remember the file I sent you by email!? Its up to dv13 so you can extapolate the SA quota.

Remember also that quota don't change dramaticaly from one year to an other...

So I think basically it will be the same as 2013 +- 100

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.