901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello I am also May filer my case was received on Nebraska May 22 but something really strange happen to me I had been checking my case status almost every day even thought that I filed the form for the email notification noting was change until today that i check and this is what I got " On June 2 my Alien registration number was changed relating to my I-30 petition" any ideas what this possible mean. and why if this changed in June I just find out. why they didn't post it early .....so many questions... :cry:

Hey all!

Just got my case approval email right now!! So so happy.. Now onto the wait at NVC! vermont is definitely catching up even though they aren't going in an order.

Thank you all for being so supportive, it helps immensely.

Hey all!

Just got my case approval email right now!! So so happy.. Now onto the wait at NVC! vermont is definitely catching up even though they aren't going in an order.

Thank you all for being so supportive, it helps immensely.

Yayyy!! I knew u would get it soon! We r only a day apart :-) congratulations!.. and i wanted to add that my lawyer said its goin to take around 6-10 weeks for NVC to send a fee bill by email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am the beneficiary living in India. My husband is in US and a green card holder. But he has applied for the citizenship. (N400) The fingerprints thing is done. Now he is in line for interview since may 19, 2014. Still no date confirmation for interview. :( He called and the staff said the New York local office is backlogged right now. Dont know how long this is going to take.

Hopefully he will get citizenship in a couple of months. So, I was wandering, after he gets the citizenship and US passport and also after our I130 is approved, can my husband come here in india and can we carry on the rest of the procedure (nvc stuffs) from here? Actually we planned that he will stay in the US till the AOS package is sent and approved (to be in the safer side) After that he will come here. Is that OK? It is already over a year that I have not seen him. :(

Yayyy!! I knew u would get it soon! We r only a day apart :-) congratulations!.. and i wanted to add that my lawyer said its goin to take around 6-10 weeks for NVC to send a fee bill by email.

Thank you!! 6-10 weeks?? I thought you could call NVC after 7-10 days and get the case number for the IV bill online.

Also, did you get the email for decision or post decision activity? Because my email and update online went from initial review to post decision activity, which says that it will be sent to NVC.

I am the beneficiary living in India. My husband is in US and a green card holder. But he has applied for the citizenship. (N400) The fingerprints thing is done. Now he is in line for interview since may 19, 2014. Still no date confirmation for interview. :( He called and the staff said the New York local office is backlogged right now. Dont know how long this is going to take.

Hopefully he will get citizenship in a couple of months. So, I was wandering, after he gets the citizenship and US passport and also after our I130 is approved, can my husband come here in india and can we carry on the rest of the procedure (nvc stuffs) from here? Actually we planned that he will stay in the US till the AOS package is sent and approved (to be in the safer side) After that he will come here. Is that OK? It is already over a year that I have not seen him. :(

I personally would wait until you get an interview date in India before he goes there just to he on the safe side. Because he needs to do the NVC stuff from here in US. Since he's applied for you on greencard, I think he has to file some sort of a form to switch you over for the right category once he is a citizen.

Also, NY takes a while for the interview date to come as there are so many cases. Unfortunately, there's nothing one can do but wait. Once the interview date comes, who knows for when that will be, after that the oath date also takes a while in NY. If I was him, I wouldn't think of going to India until all these things were cleared up. Check the status online to see what it says for your case once it has been switched from green card beneficiary to US citizen beneficiary. Because it might make a difference in how long you have to wait and where your case is (as far as the service center is concerned).

Best of luck!

Edited by Kulfi

Thank you!! 6-10 weeks?? I thought you could call NVC after 7-10 days and get the case number for the IV bill online.

Also, did you get the email for decision or post decision activity? Because my email and update online went from initial review to post decision activity, which says that it will be sent to NVC.

Yes i got the same status update on uscis :).. well if i really can find out in 7-10 days that would be awsome!! I sure am gona try hehe. Yes my lawyer did say that in the email she sent that it would be 6-10 weeks. But i hope its only 7-10 days!! That would be awsome :)

Timeline

I personally would wait until you get an interview date in India before he goes there just to he on the safe side. Because he needs to do the NVC stuff from here in US. Since he's applied for you on greencard, I think he has to file some sort of a form to switch you over for the right category once he is a citizen.

Also, NY takes a while for the interview date to come as there are so many cases. Unfortunately, there's nothing one can do but wait. Once the interview date comes, who knows for when that will be, after that the oath date also takes a while in NY. If I was him, I wouldn't think of going to India until all these things were cleared up. Check the status online to see what it says for your case once it has been switched from green card beneficiary to US citizen beneficiary. Because it might make a difference in how long you have to wait and where your case is (as far as the service center is concerned).

Best of luck!

Thank you for the info.

Yes we thought about the upgrade of petition. Also he does not intend to leave US before he gets the US passport. I was thinking that after the AOS package is approved the IV package thing remains left. As far as I know it consists the documents about me (the beneficiary). I was asking about that iv packet portion. Is it a bad idea to send the iv package from India?

If it is then I think we have to postpone my husband's journey after that.

Thank you for the info.

Yes we thought about the upgrade of petition. Also he does not intend to leave US before he gets the US passport. I was thinking that after the AOS package is approved the IV package thing remains left. As far as I know it consists the documents about me (the beneficiary). I was asking about that iv packet portion. Is it a bad idea to send the iv package from India?

If it is then I think we have to postpone my husband's journey after that.

I'm pretty sure you have to send the IV package from the US. Even if that isn't a requirement, I wouldn't take that chance because it will take much longer for the documents to get to the US in comparison to sending it from US itself. and you most certainly don't want to lose any documents/package either. Sending it from India would delay the case even further just because of the postage delay.

I know it's hard but it will be worth it at the end if you just wait a little longer.

Timeline

Thank you. Yes you are right. Actually I am really finding it hard to wait this longer. So what is the right time for him to come? Is it okay if he comes after the case is completed at NVC?

Thank you. Yes you are right. Actually I am really finding it hard to wait this longer. So what is the right time for him to come? Is it okay if he comes after the case is completed at NVC?

That would be the perfect time. I also plan on visiting my husband once the case is completed at NVC and just bring him back with me after the visa is issued to him.

How long does he plan on going for? If after he gets his US passport, there's still time for your I-130 approval, he can go visit. You'll just have to see and find out the estimated time for the I-130.

It just makes sense to not do anything that might cause the case to be delayed any longer than it has to be. If he's signed up for email notification then regardless, he'll be notified when the case is approved.

Timeline

I'm pretty sure you have to send the IV package from the US. Even if that isn't a requirement, I wouldn't take that chance because it will take much longer for the documents to get to the US in comparison to sending it from US itself. and you most certainly don't want to lose any documents/package either. Sending it from India would delay the case even further just because of the postage delay.

I know it's hard but it will be worth it at the end if you just wait a little longer.

Ok, one thing I would like to add about the postal loss and delay point. I still have to send the PCC, my certified birth certificate and my certified marriage certificate to my husband (If I want the iv package to be sent from US) by post from India. :( I used the speed post with tracking facility earlier so that I can track my package.

Also I read in VJ member saylin's wiki, http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process that the IV package can be sent from anywhere in the world.

Although I agree with you completely about the safer options but the above is also a possibility.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.