Danno

Has the time come for an ALL BLACK LEAGUE? Larry Johnson thinks so.

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The guy is in an association. Just like if you were in the home owner's association and you do not abide by their rules and rules of conduct you can be kicked out.

And the KKK makes a living off of discriminating against blacks. So, why don't we just quit acting like both sides don't do wrong things. Why don't we as individuals be the good little humans we are supposed to be and don't act like the other racist monsters.

I completely agree with you....

But what I do not/can not accept, is that they are telling this guy he must sell his team... again, therefore he will be rewarded with millions of dollars... I do not understand why the players and fans can not coordinate to bankrupt the team and make Sterling suffer financial loss...

I completely agree with you....

But what I do not/can not accept, is that they are telling this guy he must sell his team... again, therefore he will be rewarded with millions of dollars... I do not understand why the players and fans can not coordinate to bankrupt the team and make Sterling suffer financial loss...

Others will be hurt if they do this, yes?

Save your advice for someone who asks for it...

I really do not care about the NBA and its monopoly on the professional sport of Basketball.,

Men are paid millions of dollars to play a game.. its a joke...

I am sure someone is amazed about your knowledge of the history of discrimination in basketball, your knowledge of AA, and your extensive reading of books by Dr. J..... so with your vast knowledge, please explain why there is an NAACP and numerous other, black only (Asian only, midget only, ect) organizations, while it is illegal and immoral to have a white only organization.? Please spare me the history, I wasn't alive at that time and I have done nothing to continue/support racism..

I do know that the Reverend Al Sharpton has made a career, and a lot of money, from claims of discrimination, even proved false (Twana Brawley), yet he endures and thrives..

There is a difference between AA, and payback... do you know the difference.?? The people in Wisconsin do..

So you say sponsors of the NBA have jumped ship, so Sterling needs to go in order to save the NBA.?? Does one team owner have enough power to destroy the NBA.? and again, how would this punish this racist bigot.? You seem more concerned with saving the NBA and seem to have no regard for punishing this man..

Of course private business do not allow free speech with impunity. But why/how does the NBA have the authority to tell this man he must sell his business.? what happened to free enterprise?? isn't each team its own enterprise.? therefore if people are unhappy with a team/its owner, they can refuse to attend games, buy tickets and the players can refuse to take work with that organization... Where does it say that people are guaranteed work.?

Some people seemingly are only concerned with continuing the NBA monopoly and their continued attempts at payback from a history that occurred before we were here.. I suggested to hit this bigot in his pocketbook with no ticket sales and no players for his team,.. make him lose financially for his outdated thoughts.. You want to reward him with millions of dollars for selling the team... You are giving him a golden parachute... this is asinine...

Here's what I can't figure out about people that think like you do. You seem to only filter racism when it's not there. You brought up Miss Brawley, since she lied, there's no way racism can be real. But I'll address your questions:

It's not illegal to form clubs that are for white people. The problem is, when they do this is what happens:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/41337/white-girls-club-at-franklin-high-school-got-out-of-hand

And AA? If people weren't so bigoted against minorities(we've shown articles that prove white felons have a better chance to get hired than black people without a criminal record), there would be no need for it.

As for the NBA, there are rules and protocol to follow. If you think it's wrong, go to your work and let them know how you feel about a certain demographic of people. See how long you keep your job. Mr. Sterling's conduct is an embarrassment and I agree he's getting off too lightly. If my boss were to do the same thing, he'd be kicked out of the military.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/08/01/white-student-union-launches-at-georgia-state-university/

Personally if you want to form a group and keep it white, that's on you. When you start posting pictures of minorities with derogatory words and it's clear all you want to do is target and bash POC's, then it's a problem. The same goes for ANY group.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Save your advice for someone who asks for it...

I really do not care about the NBA and its monopoly on the professional sport of Basketball.,

Men are paid millions of dollars to play a game.. its a joke...

I am sure someone is amazed about your knowledge of the history of discrimination in basketball, your knowledge of AA, and your extensive reading of books by Dr. J..... so with your vast knowledge, please explain why there is an NAACP and numerous other, black only (Asian only, midget only, ect) organizations, while it is illegal and immoral to have a white only organization.? Please spare me the history, I wasn't alive at that time and I have done nothing to continue/support racism..

I do know that the Reverend Al Sharpton has made a career, and a lot of money, from claims of discrimination, even proved false (Twana Brawley), yet he endures and thrives..

There is a difference between AA, and payback... do you know the difference.?? The people in Wisconsin do..

So you say sponsors of the NBA have jumped ship, so Sterling needs to go in order to save the NBA.?? Does one team owner have enough power to destroy the NBA.? and again, how would this punish this racist bigot.? You seem more concerned with saving the NBA and seem to have no regard for punishing this man..

Of course private business do not allow free speech with impunity. But why/how does the NBA have the authority to tell this man he must sell his business.? what happened to free enterprise?? isn't each team its own enterprise.? therefore if people are unhappy with a team/its owner, they can refuse to attend games, buy tickets and the players can refuse to take work with that organization... Where does it say that people are guaranteed work.?

Some people seemingly are only concerned with continuing the NBA monopoly and their continued attempts at payback from a history that occurred before we were here.. I suggested to hit this bigot in his pocketbook with no ticket sales and no players for his team,.. make him lose financially for his outdated thoughts.. You want to reward him with millions of dollars for selling the team... You are giving him a golden parachute... this is asinine...

tumblr_kskyyzXXkt1qzxzwwo1_250.jpg

Timeline

Here's what I can't figure out about people that think like you do. You seem to only filter racism when it's not there. You brought up Miss Brawley, since she lied, there's no way racism can be real. But I'll address your questions:

It's not illegal to form clubs that are for white people. The problem is, when they do this is what happens:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/41337/white-girls-club-at-franklin-high-school-got-out-of-hand

And AA? If people weren't so bigoted against minorities(we've shown articles that prove white felons have a better chance to get hired than black people without a criminal record), there would be no need for it.

As for the NBA, there are rules and protocol to follow. If you think it's wrong, go to your work and let them know how you feel about a certain demographic of people. See how long you keep your job. Mr. Sterling's conduct is an embarrassment and I agree he's getting off too lightly. If my boss were to do the same thing, he'd be kicked out of the military.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/08/01/white-student-union-launches-at-georgia-state-university/

Personally if you want to form a group and keep it white, that's on you. When you start posting pictures of minorities with derogatory words and it's clear all you want to do is target and bash POC's, then it's a problem. The same goes for ANY group.

I agree there is still racism and bigotry in America, but what can I do ??

what do you mean by your comment, "people who think like I do"??

I hate bigotry and racism and call it as I see it.. I am also aware of, reverse racism, as defined by the AA.. to a point. the AA has its place and is good...

it just seems to me that people use racism (all races), to further their own personal agenda.. I do not know how to separate the real complaints vs the made up ones...

but what I still can not understand is how/why the NBA is calling for Sterling to sell his team, earn a huge profit, and go about his hateful life....

there should be no KKK, there should be no NAACP.. but history has shown us a need for the NAACP but I am hopeful that the need for the NAACP and the UNCF is dwindling, but I doubt it..

Call me a Libra, call me a dreamer... I know a Utopian society will never exist...

Sorry I do not know the ins and outs of the NBA, but to see Sterling sell his team and reap millions of dollars just doesn't seem like a punishment...

Timeline

Hmm.... posting pictures of minorities... yes it is clear that Porterhouse is seriously anti-gay and targets POC's..... like you said that goes for any group... and its a problem...

I hate bigotry and racism and call it as I see it.. I am also aware of, reverse racism, as defined by the AA.. to a point. the AA has its place and is good...

it just seems to me that people use racism (all races), to further their own personal agenda.. I do not know how to separate the real complaints vs the made up ones...

but what I still can not understand is how/why the NBA is calling for Sterling to sell his team, earn a huge profit, and go about his hateful life....

there should be no KKK, there should be no NAACP.. but history has shown us a need for the NAACP but I am hopeful that the need for the NAACP and the UNCF is dwindling, but I doubt it..

Call me a Libra, call me a dreamer... I know a Utopian society will never exist...

Sorry I do not know the ins and outs of the NBA, but to see Sterling sell his team and reap millions of dollars just doesn't seem like a punishment...

Vanilla and Chocolate Non-Profit for promoting good relationships in the U.S. for blacks and whites alike.

See, I even came up with our slogan. So, where do you want to begin? I want to be apart of this organization. And to think, VJ started it all. :content:

B_J and The Nature Boy have already joined.

I guess the term "Sterling behavior" is our now

I did hear he was planning to buy the White SOX

:rofl: Do you want to join his organization or mine? :ranting:

His new idea of safe sex is dating a girl with no recorder

My comment is directed at folks who focus only when it's not racism.

And let's be clear, AA is not reverse racism. White women benefit more from it than POC ever did. The problem is folks really think that a suit and tie college graduate is going to lose a job to some saggy pants uneducated thug. It's unlikely in some people's mind that a minority could beat them out of a job by just being better than them.

And I would like to get rid of those places also. When minorities can screw up like white people, we will finally be equal.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

My comment is directed at folks who focus only when it's not racism.

And let's be clear, AA is not reverse racism. White women benefit more from it than POC ever did. The problem is folks really think that a suit and tie college graduate is going to lose a job to some saggy pants uneducated thug. It's unlikely in some people's mind that a minority could beat them out of a job by just being better than them.

And I would like to get rid of those places also. When minorities can screw up like white people, we will finally be equal.

That is very true. In corporate America, affirmative action has heavily benefited Caucasian women. It really just goes to show you that sexism is as much of a problem as racism in the work force - I would argue maybe even more when you factor in pay inequality.

That is very true. In corporate America, affirmative action has heavily benefited Caucasian women. It really just goes to show you that sexism is as much of a problem as racism in the work force - I would argue maybe even more when you factor in pay inequality.

Yep, there was an article showing that black women have it worse, since they have to content with both(racism and sexism) at the same time. I read a link where a black woman was saying she had to have 2 college degrees in order to get a job a white guy got with a HS diploma. Now, that's some old school discrimination right there.

Not to mention unemployment rate within POC is higher than white people. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

The rates for teenagers (20.9 percent), whites (5.8 percent), blacks (12.4 percent), and Hispanics

(7.9 percent) showed little or no change. The jobless rate for Asians was 5.4 percent

(not seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year earlier.

We only make up 13% of the country's population and 12.4 are out of work? It's a conundrum to be sure. We're told that we're lazy and don't want to work, but then we're told that we take up all the good jobs with AA. It can't be both.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yep, there was an article showing that black women have it worse, since they have to content with both(racism and sexism) at the same time. I read a link where a black woman was saying she had to have 2 college degrees in order to get a job a white guy got with a HS diploma. Now, that's some old school discrimination right there.

Not to mention unemployment rate within POC is higher than white people. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

The rates for teenagers (20.9 percent), whites (5.8 percent), blacks (12.4 percent), and Hispanics

(7.9 percent) showed little or no change. The jobless rate for Asians was 5.4 percent

(not seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year earlier.

We only make up 13% of the country's population and 12.4 are out of work? It's a conundrum to be sure. We're told that we're lazy and don't want to work, but then we're told that we take up all the good jobs with AA. It can't be both.

That is such a good point.