MakeLoveLive

Can Denied Entry into the United States & Unsuccessful Visitor Visa Application effect a K-1 Fiance Visa Process

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think you have to prove you met your girlfriend two years prior you send the K1 application, so, if you met in June/2013, you need to wait.

Also, are you subject to the 2 years home residence requirement, since you worked here on a J1 visa? Check is on your DS2019.

You have to have met in the last 2 years, so they are all good on that front.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think you have to prove you met your girlfriend two years prior you send the K1 application, so, if you met in June/2013, you need to wait.

Also, are you subject to the 2 years home residence requirement, since you worked here on a J1 visa? Check is on your DS2019.

Yes to the making sure their J-1 had no 2 year home residence requirement

No to having to wait 2 years from meeting until filing an I-129F. You need to have met face-to-face at least one time within the 2 years prior to filing.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I checked my J-1 visa documents from 2013 and it says :NOT subject to the two-year residence requirement:

which is good.

Thank you so much for all this feed back guys this really really does help us out alot. I have been talking to my significant other and I'm thinking, would this be a good solution to our situation. Now that we know we are good for a K1 visa

When my girl friend (U.S. citizen) comes down to visit me (U.K. citizen) in the U.K. for 2 weeks at the end August I'll propose to her on her visit. So on top of all of the evidence we already have we now have an engagement ring with a recipt also. So when she's back in the U.S. she can start the k1 visa process either a month or 2 down the line. since it takes a long time to process. Which will run into us getting married and being together in the U.S. by next year.

So as long as we have all of our documentation requirements for proof of relationship through out our history along with any other documentation needed with us being honest to everything that happened with myself getting a denied entry and rejected a b2 visitors visas. Our K1 visa process will run ok?

So sorry to keep asking mulitple questions you guys I promise this'll be my last post but My significant other also keeps asking me as well "What about if you apply for a b2 visitors visa later on in the year so we can spend 2 weeks during christmas together?" With the 2 months I wanted to visit (April 12 - June 12th) passing along with our friends wedding passing in June & both of us working in our respective countrys before christmas time (minus the 2 weeks break my girl friend will get in august to see) she thinks that being granted a b2 visitors visa will be ok

However from where I stand right now, I just don't want to ruin my chances of being with the love of my life for the rest of my life by doing anything wrong just because I didn't go through things the proper way.

In my eyes if they rejected me for trying to get a b2 visitors visa once being denied entry they'll do so everytime.

Shes more than happy to visit me for christmas btw, she was just very curious even tho I think i know the anwser being getting a b2 visa wouldn't happen

Thanks again you guys

Timeline

Seems that they saw legitimate grounds to refuse your entry the first time, and further that you may well have been unprepared to properly present your case for a B2 visa. This does not mean you cannot amend your preparedness and try again, and certainly this should not affect your K1 application since the intention (ie. emigration) is entirely different. Just ensure you are declaring this throughout the whole process.

Good luck!

I myself am a K1 filer and i'm keeping a close eye on the B2 process since I am not eligible for VWP.

Edited by PBJ

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

Timeline

I checked my J-1 visa documents from 2013 and it says :NOT subject to the two-year residence requirement:

which is good.

Thank you so much for all this feed back guys this really really does help us out alot. I have been talking to my significant other and I'm thinking, would this be a good solution to our situation. Now that we know we are good for a K1 visa

When my girl friend (U.S. citizen) comes down to visit me (U.K. citizen) in the U.K. for 2 weeks at the end August I'll propose to her on her visit. So on top of all of the evidence we already have we now have an engagement ring with a recipt also. So when she's back in the U.S. she can start the k1 visa process either a month or 2 down the line. since it takes a long time to process. Which will run into us getting married and being together in the U.S. by next year.

So as long as we have all of our documentation requirements for proof of relationship through out our history along with any other documentation needed with us being honest to everything that happened with myself getting a denied entry and rejected a b2 visitors visas. Our K1 visa process will run ok?

So sorry to keep asking mulitple questions you guys I promise this'll be my last post but My significant other also keeps asking me as well "What about if you apply for a b2 visitors visa later on in the year so we can spend 2 weeks during christmas together?" With the 2 months I wanted to visit (April 12 - June 12th) passing along with our friends wedding passing in June & both of us working in our respective countrys before christmas time (minus the 2 weeks break my girl friend will get in august to see) she thinks that being granted a b2 visitors visa will be ok

However from where I stand right now, I just don't want to ruin my chances of being with the love of my life for the rest of my life by doing anything wrong just because I didn't go through things the proper way.

In my eyes if they rejected me for trying to get a b2 visitors visa once being denied entry they'll do so everytime.

Shes more than happy to visit me for christmas btw, she was just very curious even tho I think i know the anwser being getting a b2 visa wouldn't happen

Thanks again you guys

You should be fine with the K-1. London is typically a very easy embassy.

You can always try for another B-2, but you may not have much luck, especially with a pending K-1. Worst case is you lose the application fees though. Some people do get them the 2nd time they try, but you really need to have solid proof that you'll return at the end of your authorized stay.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Just an FYI re money questions. When I visited my fiance in March for a week, during the K1 process, I was asked by the CBP Officer how much money I had on me. I answered honestly - about $50. He had previously asked me about my working status - employed; he then asked me: "how are you going to fund your trip, by credit card?" So I said that yes, I was going to use my cards! He kind of gave me the answer in the question, so maybe that's a good response for future. Afterwards, he gave me a gentle warning not to get married while I was there and sent me on my way.

Timeline

You should be fine with the K-1. London is typically a very easy embassy.

I have my interview at London on May 9th...I'm going to hold you to that statement ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.