rUsSeLL&fAyE

vancouver consulate....a bit worried

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi everyone!!! :)

i just want your opinion about this because it's getting me worried... anyway...we received our letter already from the NVC stating that our petition was already sent to the vancouver consulate. i read from the consulate's website that they process K1 visa petition for students/under work permits on a case-to-case basis...

my fiance is under a work permit but is currently unemployed. but yes..her status in canada is still legal. my question is that : do you think there is still a possibility that the consulate might not accept our case or for as long as the letter from the NVC states that my fiance's interview is in vancouver..would that be ok now? do i really have to worry about this? :help:

thanks for your ideas :)

K1 journey

09/30/06 :mailed I-129F

10/05/06 :date of NOA1

12/15/06 :date of NOA2

03/15/07 :got my VISA!!!!

03/17/07 :welcome to LAS VEGAS!!! wwwooohhhoooo

wedding day - JUNE 3, 2007

AOS

06/12/2007 :sent application to Chicago, IL

06/19/2007 :NOA date

07/18/2007 :biometrics done!

09/10/2007 :interview

09/18/2007 :notice mailed welcoming the NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!

EAD

08/24/2007 :card production ordered

08/27/2007 :touched

09/01/2007 :EAD card received!

116322026488201.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

any ideas? thanks in advance :)

K1 journey

09/30/06 :mailed I-129F

10/05/06 :date of NOA1

12/15/06 :date of NOA2

03/15/07 :got my VISA!!!!

03/17/07 :welcome to LAS VEGAS!!! wwwooohhhoooo

wedding day - JUNE 3, 2007

AOS

09/10/2007 :interview

09/18/2007 :notice mailed welcoming the NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!

EAD

08/24/2007 :card production ordered

08/27/2007 :touched

09/01/2007 :EAD card received!

116322026488201.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
any ideas? thanks in advance :)

Since the NVC is a part of the same department (DOS) that the consulates operate under, I would think you have a fairly good chance that they will (or maybe already have) accepted it since the NVC has assigned it to Vancouver. Try not to worry too much about things you cannot control. I know, easier said than done.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I take it your finacee is on a work permit for Canada and is living in Canada and is not a Canadian citizen? Does her permit allow her to be in Canada for 6 months from the time your petition was received?

The Consulate in Vancouver processes fiancé(e) cases for citizens of Canada, or aliens who are permanent residents. Individuals in Canada on student and/or employment authorization will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Such individuals must be authorized to remain in Canada for a continuous minimum period of six months (from the time the approved petition is received at the Consulate). Applicants must also be residing in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Yukon or the Northwest Territories. All other applicants in Canada are processed at the U.S. Consulate in Montreal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.