clarabelle

how long should I wait after submitting Singapore COC and passport to embassy under 221g?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.. I am under k1 visa and was interviewed last march 13, 2014 was asked to send a COC from Singapore under 221g. My COC and passport was just received this morning by Manuel M. (In Manila embassy )..since tomorrow and friday are holidays .May I know any of you who could give me an estimated time to expect when my visa and passport will be sent back to me?

thank you for your kind heart responding to this.

God bless"

Timeline

Hello everyone..I've got my coc in april 14, 2014 they sent it to my company address because as per cid they no longer send it to the embassy.it was received by Manuel M. (In embassy?) Just this morning which I sent thru 2goon tge 14th.. Now what bothers me is how long should I wait in order for them to review and send my visa and passport to me.. please need your help with this. To those who have any idea I would be glad to hear from you.

Godbless:)

Timeline

Hello hank thank you for easing my worry moments. . I was bothered coz I was reading people's testimonials from the year 2011 and 2012 they waited for 2 to 6 weeks after sending their iTR AND W2 and affidavit of support under 221g requirements. But mine is way different from those requirements since it's a clearance I hope this won't take long. Have you been to this too?

thank you hank.:)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

2-6 weeks is a few weeks... No one knows how long it will take in your case, you just have to be patient and keep checking the CEAC site for updates.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Post split from thread in Asia: East & Pacific regional forum and moved to Philippines forum -- poster is asking about wait time from 221(g) missing documents submitted to receiving passport/visa in U.S. embassy Manila. ***

---

Edit: Thread merged with existing thread in Philippines forum. Please post only once on a topic, an action that yields everyone's replies in one place.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.. I am under k1 visa and was interviewed last march 13, 2014 was asked to send a COC from Singapore under 221g. My COC and passport was just received this morning by Manuel M. (In Manila embassy )..since tomorrow and friday are holidays .May I know any of you who could give me an estimated time to expect when my visa and passport will be sent back to me?

thank you for your kind heart responding to this.

God bless"

What day did you send for Singapore COC? March 13? I ask because that was the day we sent for ours, and USEM reported to us by email yesterday that they have not received it yet. Is it panic time yet, or is it normal to take this long despite their promise that they send it in 15 days? And how did you track yours to determine who signed for it the very day it arrived?

Edited by Al422

Timeline

I read on other forums that if you list the applicant's home address under postal address and not the embassy, that is where they will send it. Is this accurate?

No problem if it is; I will just have Candy's family watch their mailbox instead of bugging the embassy for a document that will not even be sent there.

as what Hank_ said its case to case basis, im under 221g as well for NBI with a.k.a and cenomar, embassy received the documents the 31st of March, i got my visa after 9 business days. just keep checking ceac for ur case updates.

Timeline

Hello Al422 I sent mine just this april 14 and was received by Manuel Manalaysay in U.s Embassy on the 16th of april this week.. the COC office in Singapore said that they no longer send COC direct to the embassy so they sent it in my work place on the day I received it.. I will wait til minday to call them about my status I want to make sure that it's on process.. I just dont know when will my visa be sent to me.. did you call the embassy oftentimes for it?

Rainfall: glad you have it quickly.. I hope they could manage to process it as fast as yours.:)

Timeline

Here is the status on Singapore for anyone it might help:

Candy got through to them on the telephone at 2:30 PM (big surprise, but they really did answer). The gentleman who answered said they received it on March 27. She mailed it March 13.

It does not take 2 weeks for mail to get from Hong Kong (where she is worknig now) to Singapore. SHe mails stuff to me in New York, and that takes 1 week. So it must sit in the mail room in Singapore police station for some time before it is sorted and sent to where it needs to go.

Be that as it may, they are like clockwork when it comes to the 15 business days. 15 business days is on this Friday, but since that is a holiday, the gentleman told her he would mail it the following week. It will be interesting to see the date on the post mark to see how long it takes to get from his desk to the Singapore post office.

We can't get a tracking number yet since there is no mailing yet, but I will have Candy call back in a week to get the info.

She did confirm that the address it will be sent to is the reisdence in metropolitan Hong Kong, where she works, so at least we know a reliable service will be delivering it.

Oh yes, and the man said that they do not send it to the embassy like it was their practice in the past. They send it to the applicant.

So for those who need it, figure seven weeks (2 for mailing each way and 3 for internal processing) and make sure the address you indicate is where you really want it mailed to.

I will post again when the final chapter on this saga has been written.

P.S. Since we are pre interview, not post interview like the OP here, we have no issue with getting it to the embassy. Candy will simply bring it there on the day of the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.