Patty1076

NOA2 paperwork

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

This is my first post and hoping I am posting in the right forum. I received by e-mail my approval (NOA2) on April 10th. I am now working on gathering the information I need to send. I have filled out the 134. My question is, I see people keep saying to include 3 years of tax returns. However on the form requirement it says if you are self employed turn in your tax return. Do I need to include a tax return? I have my W-2 and paystubs for evidence as requested.

Thank you for any responses. Reading the information here has helped alot!

Hi,

This is my first post and hoping I am posting in the right forum. I received by e-mail my approval (NOA2) on April 10th. I am now working on gathering the information I need to send. I have filled out the 134. My question is, I see people keep saying to include 3 years of tax returns. However on the form requirement it says if you are self employed turn in your tax return. Do I need to include a tax return? I have my W-2 and paystubs for evidence as requested.

Thank you for any responses. Reading the information here has helped alot!

Yep, my husband submitted his.

It would be best to submit the past 3 years tax transcripts. They are basically a condensed version of the tax form. You can get them either on-line or have them mailed to you. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Aug 2, 2011 - Met online via a mutual friend.
Dec 2, 2011 - Vivian traveled to USA to attend a medical conference and had our first date. On Dec 10, 2011 - Vivian returned home.
May 15,2012 - Vivian traveled to USA to spend a month with me. smile.png
Sep 15,2012 - Met Vivian in Frankfurt Germany and on to Prague Czech Republic to celebrate our birthdays.
Sep 24, 2012 - Left Viena Austria. The last time I was with Vivian.
Nov 11, 2012 - Mailed in I-129F
Nov 19, 2012 - NOA1 recieved

June 13, 2013 - NOA2 approved.

June 17, 2013 - NOA2 hard copy received.

June 25, 2013 - Consulate received
July 7, 2013 - Packet 3 received

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 sent

July 28, 2013 - Packet 4 received

Aug 22, 2013 - Interview scheduled and APPROVED!!! kicking.gif

Sept 17, 2013 - Visa in hand

Sept 18, 2013 - Traveled to USA - Arrived at Dulles Airport in Virginia.

Sept 20, 2013 - Wedding!!!

event.png

Timeline

There were several types of transcripts to choose from, I chose immigration for the reason and was told the return transcript is what I should use. Is this correct? I want to make sure I am making the right request.

Im new at this, but I have been told sooooo many times by other members with lot of experience to stick to the instructions that Im actually reading and following everything to the teeth. If I’m not mistaken you only required to send you income tax if you are self-employed.

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Usually only the most recent tax return is needed, not all 3 years. Self-employed tend to show the last 3 years because that is proof of their income and shows ongoing, stable income amounts. For employees, a letter from employe and/or recent pay stubs show prof of current income. This is consulate specific. Some want the tax return with the I-134, and some do not need it. If it is not listed specifically in the instructions from yours, then find out from those that went through tht consulate before you, or just email and ask the consulate directly.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you both,

That is what I was reading too. I will check with the consulate and see what they say. :) I appreciate all the responses and guidance.

Timeline

From reading interview experiences on VisaJourney.com if you send 2013, 2012, and 2011 tax return transcripts, then that is basically what you need and at the interview they won't have questions on your tax return. Many have had to go and get them and bring them back the next day because they did not include enough tax info. The Tax Return Transcripts tell them everything they need to know about your money.

As for the current you, you can choose to send a letter from your employers and/or your paystubs to (and if you have those then definitely MORE is better), but they are not a requirement, if you read the form instructions.

Best of luck to you and many blessings.

Timeline

Thank you,

I have the letter from my employer, the pay stubs, the w2 and the transcripts, I will send everything and then there would be no doubt of my income.

I appreciate all the help and advice. I just didn't see where I needed to send the tax return information on the form and didn't want to add more if it wasn't needed. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.