simistar

Handing back green card - what needs to be done? I'm in doo-doo.

29 posts in this topic

Thanks so much for all your info - very helpful!

Unfortunately, we don't really have a choice with regards to the lawyers...we just have to trust they know what they're doing (eeek)

However, I would really like to call USCIS to ask what's up... anyone know how I can do this from Canada???

The 1-800 number for them doesn't work from here... they only have an email for Canadians with "general inquiries"....

I did a search on here and someone suggested to another Canadian poster they contact the Department of State... just not sure what department to ask for when I call there or what of the hundreds of numbers they list on their site to call... Sigh.

Anyone...Bueller...?
;-)

[u][url="http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224630&hl=simistar"][font="Garamond"][size=2]My Montreal Interview Review[/size][/font][/url][/u]

Use google voice from your computer. :)

USCIS isn't actually open today so you wouldn't be able to speak to an ISO if you wanted to.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Use google voice from your computer. :)

USCIS isn't actually open today so you wouldn't be able to speak to an ISO if you wanted to.

Sorry for sounding ancient, but is Google Voice the same as Skype...? (that is, could I just use a voice call via Skype...?)

[u][url="http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224630&hl=simistar"][font="Garamond"][size=2]My Montreal Interview Review[/size][/font][/url][/u]

Google voice is a voice call program available through gmail. It's completely free for Canadians to use to call the USA. It even shows up as a US number. I use it to call Canada from home.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Google voice is a voice call program available through gmail. It's completely free for Canadians to use to call the USA. It even shows up as a US number. I use it to call Canada from home.

thank you:-)

I shall install it and give it a whirl hopefully on Monday!:-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

or even better, google hangout for your smartphone, amazing app to call any number between us/canada

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

or even better, google hangout for your smartphone, amazing app to call any number between us/canada

hangouts lets me text, or msg but not call unless it's a video call with a friend.

Edited by NLR

Timeline

hangouts lets me text, or msg but not call unless it's a video call with a friend.

odd, do you have the latest update? the voice feature (without the need for video) works perfectly fine on my iphone. (sorry for the OT post OP)

EDIT: I see they havent brought this feature over to android devices yet (odd)

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

It is odd considering that google play is where android users get their apps... /sigh

very cool - thank you for the help! I'm assuming since I have an iPhone that google hangout app would work...?

May give that a try - so much more convenient than using my computer if it works!

Timeline

very cool - thank you for the help! I'm assuming since I have an iPhone that google hangout app would work...?

May give that a try - so much more convenient than using my computer if it works!

yes, it'll work and surprisingly well.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Just wanted to give a quick update - and say thank you all for your help!

I did finally call USCIS yesterday from my computer... My first call I was told they couldn't help and they directed me to a US Customs Enforcement...who then directed me to Freedom of Information Act offices as well as contacting the office directly where i turned in my GC.

(*GAAAAHHHHH)

I did contact the office where I handed in my GC, they looked up my file and said everything was tickety boo.

Ooooh-kaaaaay.

Other places I called said they couldn't help.

I called USCIS AGAIN and this time got someone super helpful!

She took some info and then said she'd transfer me to an immigration officer.

I had to hold for 45 Minutes! BUT it was worth it b/c the officer looked at my file and basically said, yeah, nothing's wrong, there's no deportation list, the letters are being sent to you by mistake.

PHEW!!!

Called husband, told him lawyers at is company are dorks and don't know anything.

So now, even though we HAVE to use them, I have decided to take a more active role whether they like it or not.

You'll probably be seeing more questions/posts from me as I sort out what the heck we're doing, lol:-)

But again, thank you all for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.