russelfloyd

How to add dependent to case after a case has completed?

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I would like to ask fellow forumers here about how to add a dependent to my case. I am an E3 applicant and I was already informed by the NVC that my case has been completed last March 5, 2014. I should just be waiting for an interview date. However, during the same date I got the case complete email, my first daughter had just been born. What should I do to add my daughter to my case? Thank you to anyone who can help me. BTW, as of today March 31, 2014, I still don't have an interview date.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello! I would like to ask fellow forumers here about how to add a dependent to my case. I am an E3 applicant and I was already informed by the NVC that my case has been completed last March 5, 2014. I should just be waiting for an interview date. However, during the same date I got the case complete email, my first daughter had just been born. What should I do to add my daughter to my case? Thank you to anyone who can help me. BTW, as of today March 31, 2014, I still don't have an interview date.

Hi Russel,

I have gone through same thing but I belong to F2A visa category. My daughter born in November,2013. Since then my case was under processing, so I haven't informed NVC about this(I was too busy to inform them). I got case complete email in December. Then I sent them email to add her to the case, they replied through email and asked for her passport and birth certificate.

So request NVC to add your daughter to the case and send them required documents as early as you can. Hope it helps.

2012-02-27 : Marriage
2012-07-24 : I-130 Sent
2012-07-31 : I-130 NOA1
2013-06-20 : I-130 Approved
2013-07-21 : Pay I-864 Bill
2013-08-06 : Pay IV Bill
2014-03-14 : Case Completed at NVC
2014-04-09 : Consulate Received
2014-04-04 : Packet 4 Received
2014-05-20 : Interview Date - Approved!

Hi Russel,

I have gone through same thing but I belong to F2A visa category. My daughter born in November,2013. Since then my case was under processing, so I haven't informed NVC about this(I was too busy to inform them). I got case complete email in December. Then I sent them email to add her to the case, they replied through email and asked for her passport and birth certificate.

So request NVC to add your daughter to the case and send them required documents as early as you can. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the information! I am hoping that I could get the passports and certified birth certificates soon. You know it takes a while here in the Philippines to get them processed. If ever that I get a visa interview schedule before I have sent the NVC the requirements, what other options to I have?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the information! I am hoping that I could get the passports and certified birth certificates soon. You know it takes a while here in the Philippines to get them processed. If ever that I get a visa interview schedule before I have sent the NVC the requirements, what other options to I have?

Best thing you can do is to ask NVC via email or call and do whatever they say. I don't know what other options you have after get your interview date.

2012-02-27 : Marriage
2012-07-24 : I-130 Sent
2012-07-31 : I-130 NOA1
2013-06-20 : I-130 Approved
2013-07-21 : Pay I-864 Bill
2013-08-06 : Pay IV Bill
2014-03-14 : Case Completed at NVC
2014-04-09 : Consulate Received
2014-04-04 : Packet 4 Received
2014-05-20 : Interview Date - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.