Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'baby'.
Found 3 results
Hey gang My wife is the US Citizen and I am the beneficiary. My wife is 38 weeks pregnant and we are contemplating on sending the I130 before or after our little daughter is born. What's our best option and how will a baby affect our application? Thanks for the help Best regards.
hi, I will have my interview for k1 visa in couple of days. I previously overstay j1 visa. I left by myself. me and the US citizen have a baby together, who resides with me out of usa. baby is US citizen with passport. I am worried of getting denied because of my overstay and my spouse will be without his daughter. what are the chances for having overstay forgiven?
Giovanne posted a topic in K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress ReportsAs some of you know, I filled my petition for K1 visa on November 2018, at the time my fiancee was pregnant and I was going to finish my bachelors early May, so It seemed like a good time to start filling everything. In the summer of 2018 I overstayed my ESTA for 4 hours (1 day), at the time, I didn't realize this was the case, and I returned to the USA two times after that with no problems, until this summer, where they warned me I had overstayed and I returned to Portugal in the next flight. I was going to spend time with my son, 3 months at the time, unfortunately that was not possible. On June 10th my case was created, I managed to get my interview expedited to July 24. Paris, where I was told I was approved, it all went with flying colors. At the interview I didn't have my medical exams yet, so I sent it to them and it got there on Aug 12th. By this time, my case had last been updated on Aug 6th and put on Administrative Processing. Finally, on Aug 23 it changed to Application Received, the next two days were weekends, so on Aug 26 They've updated my status to Administrative processing again. AS of today, Aug 28, no new updates (now it shoes AP on both IV and NIV). It doesn't look like a long time, but it sure feels like it. My fiancee is a teacher, which means she has 3 months vacation in the summer, no such luck. Wedding venue postponed from Aug 2nd 2019 to July 31 2020, no big deal, we all know how this goes. The worst is the uncertainty and the wait, She is back to work now, and daycare is expensive. My gorgeous son (picture below) is 5 months old now! Only got to see him 1 week in April, when he was a month old. He just started crawling as well. I am missing all of this unfortunately. I'll keep you updated on the progress. From everything I've read it shouldn't take much longer, but you can't truly know. P.s- A lot has happened in between filing for k1 and now, such as we discovering my fiancee is carrier of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and me having to get tested as well, as it was a pain to get tested here in Portugal, to my whole family and friends travelling to the USA without me for the wedding venue (the airlines wouldn't budget so they ended up going anyways). To Portugal not doing visa interviews and having to travel to Paris just for that, ultimately delaying the whole process at least 2-3 months from expected (the original interview date was to be on November 6th!), the first expedite was denied, but we insisted on emailing the senator and he managed to pull some strings.