millionmileslove

CFO walk through updated 2014, a learning experience

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I presume that the data summary sheet is a document she will get after attending the seminar that she will need to obtain the 'sticker'.

Jim

No the data sheet will be attached to the DO NOT OPEN envelope from the embassy that arrives with the visa, CFO asks to see it and get a copy. Why? .....don't have a clue. You need to PROTECT that envelope so it gets NO tears!!

Item #3 in the "additional registration requirements"

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2345:requirements-with-images&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Can I presume that this is a document that USEM prepares for the specific use of CFO and that they are the privileged office that is allowed to open the secret envelope? Haha

That's really good to know info that I will pass along to asawa.

Thanks again Hank

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Timeline

Can I presume that this is a document that USEM prepares for the specific use of CFO and that they are the privileged office that is allowed to open the secret envelope? Haha

That's really good to know info that I will pass along to asawa.

Thanks again Hank

Nope. Has nothing to do with CFO, embassy doesn't give a rat's azz about CFO. And for sure NO WAY is CFO allowed to touch that envelope, they want to see the data summary sheet and they want a copy as noted on their webpage.

The Data Summary Sheet is part of the visa processing, it will be taken at POE. ONLY person allowed to open the DO NOT OPEN envelope is the Immigration Officer at POE.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Nope. Has nothing to do with CFO, embassy doesn't give a rat's azz about CFO. And for sure NO WAY is CFO allowed to touch that envelope, they want to see the data summary sheet and they want a copy as noted on their webpage.

The Data Summary Sheet is part of the visa processing, it will be taken at POE. ONLY person allowed to open the DO NOT OPEN envelope is the Immigration Officer at POE.

I thought that would have been a strange working relationship between two governments.

So for an even clearer understanding, the do not open goes to the customs inspector at POE.

The Data Summary Sheet is external to the envelope but delivered with the passport when received from the USEM. Since it is external, I presume that a copy should be made for the CFO for their use, if required?

Hopefully this dialog will be beneficial to other filers.

Jim

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Timeline

I thought that would have been a strange working relationship between two governments.

So for an even clearer understanding, the do not open goes to the customs inspector at POE.

The Data Summary Sheet is external to the envelope but delivered with the passport when received from the USEM. Since it is external, I presume that a copy should be made for the CFO for their use, if required?

Hopefully this dialog will be beneficial to other filers.

Jim

Correct, the DO NOT OPEN envelope goes to the immigrant officer at POE, so keep it in your carry-on bag.

The Data Summary sheet is attached to the outside of the envelope, made a copy before going to CFO to get the sticker.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will attend the seminar on tuesday.

Per email received, they require 2 valid identification cards with photograph. While on their site they stated 1 valid card only.

Besides my passport, i only have 1 govt ID which is my sss id. Can i just show them my passport and sss? Would that be enough?

Timeline

I will attend the seminar on tuesday.

Per email received, they require 2 valid identification cards with photograph. While on their site they stated 1 valid card only.

Besides my passport, i only have 1 govt ID which is my sss id. Can i just show them my passport and sss? Would that be enough?

Yes that will work, don't forget the NBI has your picture too... just in case ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The only downloadable form is the one needed to get the sticker, the form for the CFO seminar itself you need to complete on site. Seems silly they do not have the other form online also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...

Hi Fellow VJ members,

Is the fiance's photocopy of birth certificate mandatory? Won't they issue my CFO certificate if I don't have it?

TIA to whoever is responding :)

Happy New Year!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Fellow VJ members,

Is the fiance's photocopy of birth certificate mandatory? Won't they issue my CFO certificate if I don't have it?

TIA to whoever is responding :)

Happy New Year!

Hello! :) in my case, they didn't ask for my fiance's (petitioner) birth certificate. They only asked for the documents stated on their site. But i brought everything with me as if i was still going to my visa interview.

Hello! :) in my case, they didn't ask for my fiance's (petitioner) birth certificate. They only asked for the documents stated on their site. But i brought everything with me as if i was still going to my visa interview.

Thank you for this informationpinayanne27! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.