emerald04

Flight purchase for husband to come to US

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My husband is Kenyan. He has his interview on 4-1 and we are of course praying he will be coming to the US soon. I've read for Nigerians, it's best for the immigrant to buy the plane ticket. For Kenyans is it the same? I don't want anything to hold us up, but if I can buy it online I feel like I might be able to get a better deal. I appreciate your input.

Timeline

My husband is Kenyan. He has his interview on 4-1 and we are of course praying he will be coming to the US soon. I've read for Nigerians, it's best for the immigrant to buy the plane ticket. For Kenyans is it the same? I don't want anything to hold us up, but if I can buy it online I feel like I might be able to get a better deal. I appreciate your input.

Praying all goes well for you both. But if I were in your shoes I would wait until "VISA in hand" then purchase a ticket especially with this journey anything seems to go. Especially the unexpected, that's just one girls opinion though. I know I am no expert and we have started our journey recently but over the years that I have been on VJ I have seen many couples have to change flights, put on hold, even cancel :cry: This brings on more stress and disappointment...save your money for the right timing. :yes:

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

The last time I checked, the airline will not sell you the ticket before verifying that you have the US visa in your passport. So you can purchase the ticket once they verify that he has the visa which means he has to present his passport at the time of purchase.

Danced a yard ere I danced abroad

Carpe Diem!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The visa isn't a requirement, But you both should search. You may find round trip cheaper than a 1 way , just be sure to cancel the unused return to Africa before the return flight date.( sometimes you can get a credit towards a later ticket even with non refundable tickets. ) Remember that with round trips the part you use must be the first part ( buy from Kenya to USA and back not the other way ) If you buy the ticket be prepared to prove that you are you ( usually means visiting the airline or a partner at an meeting ticket counter or office with your ID ) Otherwise they may ask for the card when he tries to board to show no fraud is involved ( Nigeria tends to be a little crazier about this )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I realize we need visa in hand. I'm more concerned if there is an issue with me purchasing the ticket because he can't show the credit card used to purchase the ticket. I've heard of this in Nigeria but wonder if its an issue in Kenya

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Airlines are aware that people purchase tickets for others daughters purcjase for their mothers etc. Just make sure his names (and not yours) are under the passenger and like igwe mentioned call the airline for more details.

Danced a yard ere I danced abroad

Carpe Diem!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When Joseph came all I had to do was stop by their office near y work and show the card used and my ID they noted the "ticket" and there was no issue. Always better safe than have them dialing from the airport saying they won't let them on.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi my hubby bought the ticket online for me from the US and i didn't have any problem when boarding my flight to the USA. the ticket had my name and they didn't care who paid for it...i.e. dec 2012

N 400
GC-Date:------------------------- 12/09/12
Sent N400:----------------------- 10/06/15 Received 10/07/15
Cashd: -------------------------- 10/13/15
NOA: ---------------------------- 10/07/15
Biometrics appointment: -------- 11/18/15 (received snail mail 11/06)
E-update In Line: --------------- 11/06/15
E-update Interview scheduled ---- 11/27/15

Interview: --------------------- 01/04/15 (received letter on 12/07/15 with notice date as 11/30/15)

interview de-scheduled---------- 12/28/15

interview Rescheduled 03/10/16 for----------- 04/25/16 PASSED
Oath------------------------------04/29/16
Field Office: Atlanta

i-130 for my mum

noa 1 06/28/2018

noa 2 12/01/2018 Approved

nvc stage

received 12/17/2018

case number 02/05/2019

paid both fees 02/07/2019

paid fees still in process 02/13/2019 (fees withdrawn from account 02/11/19)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.