7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys!

I has some questions about obtaining CRBA for my child.

So here it goes:

1. How did you guys file an appointment for the CRBA of your child? I mean how did you set the time and date?

I've tried to set an appointment and didn't have it successfully tho I followed the right instruction to making it. When I was trying to click the available dates for appointment, I couldn't click it (The gray bars in color). As well as the "yellow bars" I couldn't find them. Badly need your help guys.

2. How long does it take before we get the crba?

I will greatly appreciate your response! Thanks!

post-181770-0-95668000-1395967645_thumb.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

You might have to go far in the future (i.e. July or even August).

If you have all the documents ready for CRBA it's completed in about 30 minutes or less. If you need an appointment sooner I would email the Embassy ACS section.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: Timeline

According to the screen shot your looking at February. February is over. You need to change the drop down to a current month or future month.

The CRBA interview takes 30 minutes depending on wait times. If both parents are present you can do the CRBA, SS Card and US passport all at the same time. In the US a child under 18 can't get a passport unless both parents are present. The CRBA and passport will be ready within two weeks. I'm not sure if they mail it to you or you have to pick it up in the Philippines. The SS Card will be sent to your US address in 3-6 months.

Most importantly you need the babies PI birth certificate and the baby at the interview. I saw at least 5 people screw this up when I did mine. The only thing they wanted to see beyond that was a few photos of me and the wife together when she was pregnant. It was easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

According to the screen shot your looking at February. February is over. You need to change the drop down to a current month or future month.

The CRBA interview takes 30 minutes depending on wait times. If both parents are present you can do the CRBA, SS Card and US passport all at the same time. In the US a child under 18 can't get a passport unless both parents are present. The CRBA and passport will be ready within two weeks. I'm not sure if they mail it to you or you have to pick it up in the Philippines. The SS Card will be sent to your US address in 3-6 months.

Most importantly you need the babies PI birth certificate and the baby at the interview. I saw at least 5 people screw this up when I did mine. The only thing they wanted to see beyond that was a few photos of me and the wife together when she was pregnant. It was easy.

Todd&Hanh, thank you so much for this information. I, myself, am in a similar situation. This screen shot- where is the link for this? Can I access this online to set/book an appointment in the Philippines for my NEW BORN SON? (I am the United States Citizen.) Or is it a moot point since I need to be there in person to get a paternal DNA test, and the PI government requires both biological parents to be present?

Your 2nd paragraph is music to my ears, money for my eyes, and pure joy leaping from my heart and soul. So I'll make it easy to answer my questions:

What do I need to bring, besides myself, my passport, I.D., money, and credit cards?

I will be in the Philippines from Monday, April 7th to Wednesday, April 23rd 2014 to bring my son (and fiancee) home to Hawaii. Is it possible to attain this during this time frame? Or again, should I "book" a slot online? If so, anybody got a link?

Mahalo (thank you) In advance,

So looking forward to getting away from my job and seeing my fiancee and son. I have never held him yet in my arms.....

Filed: Timeline

Todd&Hanh, thank you so much for this information. I, myself, am in a similar situation. This screen shot- where is the link for this? Can I access this online to set/book an appointment in the Philippines for my NEW BORN SON? (I am the United States Citizen.) Or is it a moot point since I need to be there in person to get a paternal DNA test, and the PI government requires both biological parents to be present?

Your 2nd paragraph is music to my ears, money for my eyes, and pure joy leaping from my heart and soul. So I'll make it easy to answer my questions:

What do I need to bring, besides myself, my passport, I.D., money, and credit cards?

I will be in the Philippines from Monday, April 7th to Wednesday, April 23rd 2014 to bring my son (and fiancee) home to Hawaii. Is it possible to attain this during this time frame? Or again, should I "book" a slot online? If so, anybody got a link?

Mahalo (thank you) In advance,

So looking forward to getting away from my job and seeing my fiancee and son. I have never held him yet in my arms.....

Your best bet is just going to the US Consulate website for Manila and following the instructions for a CRBA; it will tell you what to do. You'll have to prove you were together at time of conception. If you can do that the consulate won't order a DNA test. You need to book an appointment online from the US citizen services section.

You'll also have to get a something from the Philippines to take the baby out of the country. Like a Philippines passport or exit stamp in the US passport. Your better off just creating a new topic to find out.

Does your fiancee already have a K-1 issued.

• 2 weeks later...

Your screenshot is all dates are greyout, it means no date available for that month. So pick another month from drop down menu until you see the yellow date and click on it to make appointment. My experience, just keep track on it everyday. For example, the date in May not available today, but maybe tomorrow you will see some yellows because some people has been cancelled their appoitment. That way I am so lucky to got appointment just 16 days :)

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2013: NOA1

Dec 12, 2013: Transfer notice (Nebraska SC)

Dec 16, 2013: NSC Received(Last Update Date)

Mar 3, 2014:(call to talk to Tier 2)service request created

Mar 12, 2014 : Received email from NSC, case pending under background check clearance

Mar 27, 2014 : Name updated relating to I-130(I never change my name)

Mar 28, 2014 : NOA2(Text/email)

Mar 31, 2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

April 1, 2014 : Case shipped to NVC

NVC------------------

April 11, 2014 : Case received

May 3, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN

May 8, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

May 9, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

May 12, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

May 13, 2014 : AOS Package sent via UPS

May 16, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

May 20, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

June 6, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and pay

June 9, 2014 : IV Package sent via UPS

June 10, 2014 : DS-260 Completed and Submitted

June 12, 2014 : IV Package received by NVC

June 16, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

June 19, 2014 : AOS Approved

July 29, 2014 : Case Complete

September 30, 2014 : Interview at 8AM

This official USEM will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqI6-nGkOc

US Department of State-US Embassy Manila Appointment System webpage

US Embassy Manila-US Citizens Service-CRBA main page. In there it says:

• Use a valid e-mail address and contact number and print your appointment confirmation.
  • Select the service "Report the birth abroad of a child of a U.S. citizen" (3rd button) on the appointment system.

Landed in Cagayan de Oro : August 4, 2007 (same Port where General Douglas MacArthur arrived as he escaped Japanese Naval)

Met in Assembly of God church : October 28, 2007

Civil Union Marriage : May 12, 2008

Birth of our son Ryker : November 8, 2010

CRBA interview, result: approval : August 20, 2014

CRBA + US Passport received: Sept. 11, 2014

USCIS DCF accepted @ U.S.E Manila: August 20, 2014

NOA2 via snail mail received, bypass G-1145 request: August 29, 2014 *LATE (Tsk-tsk, did you forgot to e-Notification us, USCIS?)

U.S.E Manila IV Unit assigned case #, notified us with Packet 3 : September 3, 2014

AOS (part for Packet 3) sent and received, from Applicant (me) to Beneficiary (my wife) : Sept 8-10, 2014

Medical examination @ SLEC) : passed : Sept 15, 2014

IV Interview : approved and issued : Sep19, 2014

Visa packet: next stop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark 9:23, 24 ~ Αἴ δύνασαι, The most approved reading in English rendering is, If thou canst! All things are possible to him that believeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

General things in VJ is Do-It-Yourself site which we all would help, giving advices, pointers and tips. I would like to think those law practitioners-for-paid and legal guide (the navigator-for-hired) out there: those who might like us not to perform DIY but letting them do all legal paperworks, pretending s/he know the best route for shortcut or else to apply jurisdiction, e.g. under the table, are merely fable and cannot stop us. This is information age we are living. WE all have same knot to tie, same kind of anxiety, same kind of sweat, of facing judgmental day whether CO grant our visa or not. If you do what we did​ you will achieve nothing less but pride in your accomplishment.

Question for you: will you be willing go through all navigating to learn and study trial and errors of others and then apply toward your pathway to get U.S. visa? Even this means making feedback or giving input from your candid observation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.