maggieNomar

Saturday

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I can't believe it...I get to start a thread becasue Sarah is off getting Hicham!! :P

Let's see, I checked my panty set from WoM (thanks for the help MK!! :thumbs: ) so I'm feeling confident I got the day right.

I'd talk about the rain and flooding and wind, but you all are tired of talking about the weather, so how about collections? Do any of you collect something. For me it's Winnie the Pooh. I have over 100 of them now. Stuffed, figurines, cups, calendars, toaster that sings the Winnie the Pooh theme when the toast pops up, you name it. Omar said I will need a truck just to move my collection. :lol:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

g'morning... i'm awake waaaayyy too early for a Saturday :blink: I think Said and I will try to take a road trip to NOLA today for a few hours to just hang out... then a wedding gig tonite! We went out for a while last nite which was fun and sooo good for him. I feel like he's been housebound for the last week while I work and it's been storming so much.

As for collections.... well, I collect arabic music, oriental dance videos/dvds, dance accoutrement - all of this I actually use so not sure if it counts as "collecting", but I've got a ton of it. What I do collect as a "collector's item" is old bellydance albums (as in the vinyl sort). The covers are so cool! I used to listen to them but I currently don't have record player, but I hope to acquire one again in the future.

Have a great Saturday!!!

Noura (& Said)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wadi and I went to the museum of science with my family one day over the holidays and one of the new exhibits was all about collections, all the different things that people collect. It ranged from taxidermy and bugs, to stamps and old menus. I was amazed because I'm definitely not the collecting type. When i was in college I thought it was cool to collect shot glasses from the places I travelled to, but that got old real fast. I don't even know where they are anymore, probably in my mom's attic.

Ok, so yeah, no collections for me!

On the agenda today is laundry and studying! I'm getting myself pumped up right now! :dance:

Filed: Timeline

Happy Saturday!!!!!!! :dance: I am 100% off work today. No office, no measures.

hmmmmmmm so Jenn is going to study today. Good luck on that. If ya need any help on study questions, post them here and we can all help you!

I collect books. I used to read alot, but with this job and the internet at my fingers 24/7, I don't read as much as I would like. That still hasn't slowed me down on buying books tho! I have a nice little collection of Quran and everything Stephen King ever wrote. I order alot on Ebay, especially books on the Middle East and Islam. I have alot of the Oprah suggested books also. Fun thread Maggie! Looking forward to seeing what others collect.

J (F)

Timeline

[vent]

The laundry room in our building charges $2 for a wash and $2 for a dry. I think those are ridiculous prices - shouldn't it just be to cover the cost of the water and energy use? Why are they making a profit from my laundry? And to top it off, I'm out of quarters, so now I have to go to the bank! :crying:

[/vent]

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
[vent]

The laundry room in our building charges $2 for a wash and $2 for a dry. I think those are ridiculous prices - shouldn't it just be to cover the cost of the water and energy use? Why are they making a profit from my laundry? And to top it off, I'm out of quarters, so now I have to go to the bank! :crying:

[/vent]

Sorry to hear it, I know how much that sucks. I was constantly running out of quarters.

One of the reasons I took this place I'm at and one of the reasons I don't move is the washer/dryer.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
[vent]

[/vent]

Wow. Haven't been to a coin-op laundry in some time, but that does seem rather exorbitant . How much are most places charging these days ? I think it would cost me $10 a week or more if I had to pay that. And in my experience, those coin-op washers usually don't hold as large a load as home machines.

Is it possible for you to hang some clothes to dry on your shower curtain rod, or out on your balcony or patio (if you have one) ? This could save you a little. I have my own machines, but I end up hang-drying most of my clothes under the roof of my back porch -- it's less wear and tear on the "delicates." I put the wet dresses and blouses and even skirts on hangers and just let them air-dry. (And with knits, it saves me the trouble of ironing, too.) I only put stuff like towels and jeans and sheets in the dryer -- hang-dried towels are never fluffy and soft like the ones dried in the dryer !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Good morning and happy saturday to everyone!

Collections: We'll i've tried. I once did the shot glass thing too, but mostly I find collecting something I can't keep up. I do buy one very special item unique to the places I've traveled to (instead of a bunch of tourist souveniers) and I've been lots of places so I guess that's a collection and the only one i still keep up with. I usually buy something that represents the city or country or a craft they are known for. i love textiles, ceramics and art mostly.

Are CDs a collection? I buy way too much music (and DVDs for that matter) but i think of it as more intertainment than collecting.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
[vent]

[/vent]

Wow. Haven't been to a coin-op laundry in some time, but that does seem rather exorbitant . How much are most places charging these days ? I think it would cost me $10 a week or more if I had to pay that. And in my experience, those coin-op washers usually don't hold as large a load as home machines.

Is it possible for you to hang some clothes to dry on your shower curtain rod, or out on your balcony or patio (if you have one) ? This could save you a little. I have my own machines, but I end up hang-drying most of my clothes under the roof of my back porch -- it's less wear and tear on the "delicates." I put the wet dresses and blouses and even skirts on hangers and just let them air-dry. (And with knits, it saves me the trouble of ironing, too.) I only put stuff like towels and jeans and sheets in the dryer -- hang-dried towels are never fluffy and soft like the ones dried in the dryer !

At our old place it was only $1.25 for a wash and $1.25 for a dry, seemed much more reasonable. I suppose I could hang dry some clothes, although after three years in Italy with no dryers, it's one of the things I've come to appreciate most about being back in the US!

Timeline

About the collectibles....

I like masks. I have African, central American, Asian.... some of them kind of creep out my husband :P

My grandmother collected spoons. You know -- those "souvenir" spoons. She got them in travels all over the world, and had a little display case for them.

I always thought a spoon was... well, kind of a weird thing for a souvenir. Who the heck came up with that idea, anyway ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

About the collectibles....

I like masks. I have African, central American, Asian.... some of them kind of creep out my husband :P

My grandmother collected spoons. You know -- those "souvenir" spoons. She got them in travels all over the world, and had a little display case for them.

I always thought a spoon was... well, kind of a weird thing for a souvenir. Who the heck came up with that idea, anyway ?

I've always wanted an african mask. When I went to Ghana I was sure that is the "souvenier" that would be appropriate for my "collection". would you know Ghana is the only country in West Africa where masks are not part of the culture? All the mask there for sale were form the Ivory Coast. Didn;t seem right buying a mask from the Ivory Coast when I was in Ghana :lol: So still hoping for the mask. (If i get desparate I saw some at Pier One :P )

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
I've always wanted an african mask. When I went to Ghana I was sure that is the "souvenier" that would be appropriate for my "collection". would you know Ghana is the only country in West Africa where masks are not part of the culture? All the mask there for sale were form the Ivory Coast. Didn;t seem right buying a mask from the Ivory Coast when I was in Ghana :lol: So still hoping for the mask. (If i get desparate I saw some at Pier One :P )

:lol: You gotta watch those "authentic souvenir" items... half of them are made in Taiwan.

I like to pick up Palestinian handicrafts when I'm in the West Bank -- like tatreez (the traditional embroidery) and carved wood, etc. My husband's sister is always saying "But I know where to get some really nice things -- from Syria," nodding her head so helpfully. Of course they're nothing even remotely like the Palestinian ones, but in her eyes, they are "nicer."

She just doesn't quite understand why I would prefer things hand-made in Palestine. :P Guess it's the old "familiarity breeds contempt...."

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:crying:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well I can't believe it...I get to start a thread becasue Sarah is off getting Hicham!! :P

Let's see, I checked my panty set from WoM (thanks for the help MK!! :thumbs: ) so I'm feeling confident I got the day right.

I'd talk about the rain and flooding and wind, but you all are tired of talking about the weather, so how about collections? Do any of you collect something. For me it's Winnie the Pooh. I have over 100 of them now. Stuffed, figurines, cups, calendars, toaster that sings the Winnie the Pooh theme when the toast pops up, you name it. Omar said I will need a truck just to move my collection.

I collect several things:

1. Holiday barbies

2. Magnets from my travels

3. Mugs from my travels

4. China an old china

5. Beanie Babies

6. Annie Lee figurines

7. Glass figures

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.