jm123456

K1 Visa Interview Approved More than 3 weeks ago

13 posts in this topic

So, my K1 visa interview was approved in Santo Domingo a little over three weeks ago....

I emailed the embassy for status on my visa case and this was their response...

"Please be advised that the case has just been approved for issuance and is currently pending the printing of the visa. Feel free to contact us in the next 4 weeks if you do not receive the passport"

I really hope they mean that and I don't have to wait an additional four weeks until visa is issued!

I'd never imagine i'd have to wait this long...

Edited by jm123456

So, my K1 visa interview was approved in Santo Domingo a little over three weeks ago....

"Please be advised that the case has just been approved for issuance and is currently pending the printing of the visa. Feel free to contact us in the next 4 weeks if you do not receive the passport"

I really hope they mean that and I don't have to wait an additional four weeks until visa is issued!

Wow the same to me my visa was approved march 6th and my status say ready and check and two business days since march 11 im sending an email im waiting for their response. My fiance also called the consulate they just said we need fo wait betwen 4 and 6 weeks.

Your timeline is not filled out. When was your interview?

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

I didnt see your previous post. We had our interview on feb 26. It was issued 3/10 and ready 4 days after. My fiance picked it up and flew to US next day.

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Congratulations to you!

i don't know why this has been such a long delay...

I have contacted the NVC numerous times and they tell me the same thing.."everything is good in this end with your case, it is just

pending issuance from the embassy" and then they tell me to wait.

As of March 19, CEAC status is on "Adm. Processing"

When i contacted the embassy, they told me that my case had just been approved for issuance

and that it just needs to be printed and to contact Domex everyday...

My level of frustration is boiling...

But hopefully, everything visa will be issued by this upcoming week.

Edited by jm123456

i have the same feeling my friend my visa was approved march 6th and im still waiting my status say your case is ready open since 11 march

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I have no idea what is going on with the visa unit. It seems like they are working on slow motion....My fiance's file was complete the same week you had your interview and we are still pending the review of the CO....I wonder what can be done if anything to speed up the process...I forget who is it that members mention to contact...State Senator?

This has become so long and tedious! I will be so relieved when it is all over and one with....

What does your status on CEAC say?

event.png

Maybe it is time to contact the Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission - Daniel Foote. There is no excuse for this taking so long. You can reach the Executive Offices at 809-731-4200

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

I have no idea what is going on with the visa unit. It seems like they are working on slow motion....My fiance's file was complete the same week you had your interview and we are still pending the review of the CO....I wonder what can be done if anything to speed up the process...I forget who is it that members mention to contact...State Senator?

This has become so long and tedious! I will be so relieved when it is all over and one with....

What does your status on CEAC say?[/quote

I know the question it washtvfor me but i will answer u. My interview was march 6 and since march 11 my status say this :

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

WHAT YOUR SAY.?

DLY119... My CEAC status as of March 19 is under "Administrative Processing"...

I've thought about contacting the State Senator, however, I want to give them until this Friday

because according to the embassy's email, "our case has just been approved for issuance

and it is just pending the printing of the visa"....

Edited by jm123456

Firegirl1788 - have you tried emailing the embassy?

Email them and ask them about your case status at santodomingovisas@state.gov

They respond within 2 days and maybe that will give you some sort of tranquility.

Or, you could also call the NVC yourself...

However, I don't know what else to do but to wait...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.