StephKyle

Confused by email from Sydney Consulate-Anyone else get one of these recently?

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Last week we received an email from the Sydney consulate informing us that they had received our approved petition. The email was simply addressed to "Visa Applicant", and provided us with an appointment time. We are bit confused because we thought we needed to complete the DS-160 and mail back some forms (packet 3?) before they'd schedule us for our interview. The email contained a long list of instructions for K1 visa with lists of things to do (medical, background check, paying visa fee) and the DSL-1076 checklist.

The email said not to follow the instructions on the website because they are currently updating their site. Has anyone else received this type of Packet 3/Packet 4 combination email? The email doesn't really specify what to do with all of the documents (e.g., mail back before interview) except that the DSL-1076 checklist should be completed and submitted at the interview...

Thanks for your help!

Edited by StephKyle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Last week we received an email from the Sydney consulate informing us that they had received our approved petition. The email was simply addressed to "Visa Applicant", and provided us with an appointment time. We are bit confused because we thought we needed to complete the DS-160 and mail back some forms (packet 3?) before they'd schedule us for our interview. The email contained a long list of instructions for K1 visa with lists of things to do (medical, background check, paying visa fee) and the DSL-1076 checklist.

The email said not to follow the instructions on the website because they are currently updating their site. Has anyone else received this type of Packet 3/Packet 4 combination email? The email doesn't really specify what to do with all of the documents (e.g., mail back before interview) except that the DSL-1076 checklist should be completed and submitted at the interview...

Thanks for your help!

So there was no attachments to the email with the checklist or further instructions? Just a notification with an interview date?

I haven't heard of this before but i'm keen to find out if others have experienced this!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Yep, we got the same thing. We are just getting all the forms/information together for my fiance to take to the interview.

Oh that's good news that you got the same email! We are scheduled for our interviews on the same day as well! Thanks for responding.

So there was no attachments to the email with the checklist or further instructions? Just a notification with an interview date?

I haven't heard of this before but i'm keen to find out if others have experienced this!

The email had a list of instructions embedded in it, and then they sent the DSL-1076 checklist as a separate attachment. The email also included an interview date and time...

We got the same email with the checklist attached and our interview date already scheduled (and my interview date is the 8/04 as well). I emailed the Consulate on Monday to confirm if they want the documents before the interview or for them to be brought on the day. If/when I get a reply I will update this thread.

I-129F posted: 25/11/2013

NOA1: 9/12/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 10/12/2013

NOA2: 5/2/2014

Received at NVC: 19/02/2014

Left NVC: 24/02/2014

Received at Consulate: 10/03/2014

Received Packet 3: 10/03/2014

Consulate Interview: 8/04/2014

POE LAX: 2/07/2014

Married: 11/07/2014

AOS posted: 17/07/2014

I just received an email from Sydney consulate and they said, yes the email was intended for us, and not to mail anything in before the interview, just bring in the documents. They must be overhauling their process! I guess this saves us some worry and extra work : )

We got the same email with the checklist attached and our interview date already scheduled (and my interview date is the 8/04 as well). I emailed the Consulate on Monday to confirm if they want the documents before the interview or for them to be brought on the day. If/when I get a reply I will update this thread.

I just received an email from Sydney consulate and they said, yes the email was intended for us, and not to mail anything in before the interview, just bring in the documents. They must be overhauling their process! I guess this saves us some worry and extra work : )

Thanks for posting the update - that's great that it now involves fewer stages and means the interview gets scheduled sooner. I guess I will most likely see you at the Consulate on the 8th :)

I-129F posted: 25/11/2013

NOA1: 9/12/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 10/12/2013

NOA2: 5/2/2014

Received at NVC: 19/02/2014

Left NVC: 24/02/2014

Received at Consulate: 10/03/2014

Received Packet 3: 10/03/2014

Consulate Interview: 8/04/2014

POE LAX: 2/07/2014

Married: 11/07/2014

AOS posted: 17/07/2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Interesting to see they're cutting down on time nowadays. Feels like I must be one of the last few that went through Packet 3. The only slight annoyance I see here is a lot more cases going through to Administrative Processing due to insufficient supporting evidence. I know I'm pretty OCD about making sure EVERYTHING is there. Hope this doesn't make too many people's lives go on hold. On the other hand, much faster if you have everything ready and to their satisfaction. No stressing about sending original documents in the mail. (Something I really didn't want to do.)

252682in41fsxg03.gif018_zpsa5a9e9c6.gif

VJsig_zps1efa13bd.png

event.png

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am starting to get anxious as we haven't received any email yet from sydney. The status on the CEAC website states that it is "Ready". How long does it usually take for them to send it?

Grats on getting your interview date! I peeked at your timeline. lol.

:goofy:

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Grats on getting your interview date! I peeked at your timeline. lol.

:goofy:

Yeah, the email came through later that day, figures! They sent it to my fiance's email address. I was worried because I had moved 4 months earlier, and didnt know whether that would affect anything. It had been at the embassy almost a week by that stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.