babsloblaw

CFO sticker required for non-US destination?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, I'd like to ask for a clarification on the CFO situation.

I'm currently residing in Japan on a work visa. My K-1 visa just got approved (yay!) and now I'm planning on making a quick trip to Manila to visit my mom before coming back to Japan, wrapping things up, and leaving for the US.

My question is -- could the immigration officer possibly give me problems when I try to exit Manila to go back to Japan without the CFO sticker? I just don't think I'll have the time to attend the PDOS seminar this time around.

I'll have the OEC exit clearance for my work visa.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I'd like to ask for a clarification on the CFO situation.

I'm currently residing in Japan on a work visa. My K-1 visa just got approved (yay!) and now I'm planning on making a quick trip to Manila to visit my mom before coming back to Japan, wrapping things up, and leaving for the US.

My question is -- could the immigration officer possibly give me problems when I try to exit Manila to go back to Japan without the CFO sticker? I just don't think I'll have the time to attend the PDOS seminar this time around.

I'll have the OEC exit clearance for my work visa.

Congrats on your visa approval !!

If you have the U.S. visa in your passport when you visa the Philippines you will need the CFO sticker to exit. CFO is a half day IF you can get a seat in the class (15 seats, twice a day)

There is CFO info in my link

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

be there by 4am. get lots of sleep and eat before that. you'll be standing outside until the doors open at 6:30am. it's a pain in the a** but you'll be so happy when you walk out of the building with the sticker on your passport. make sure you bring all the document that the facilitator MAY require. I attended the seminar last March 14 (Friday) and there's this one lady who didn't have her husband's divorce decree, of course she didn't get her sticker. she attended the friday pm session and her flight was on sunday. bummer! not sure if she was able to complete the requirements that day. she told me her husband doesn't know how to scan and attach documents via email. double bummer! I asked if she did a little research prior to attending the seminar and she said nope. So... read, read and read!

be there by 4am. get lots of sleep and eat before that. you'll be standing outside until the doors open at 6:30am. it's a pain in the a** but you'll be so happy when you walk out of the building with the sticker on your passport. make sure you bring all the document that the facilitator MAY require. I attended the seminar last March 14 (Friday) and there's this one lady who didn't have her husband's divorce decree, of course she didn't get her sticker. she attended the friday pm session and her flight was on sunday. bummer! not sure if she was able to complete the requirements that day. she told me her husband doesn't know how to scan and attach documents via email. double bummer! I asked if she did a little research prior to attending the seminar and she said nope. So... read, read and read!

Sounds like an absolute pain. :(

Is there any way I can avoid taking the CFO? e.g. if I have a EAD/AP card or conditional green card when I visit Manila? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?

Timeline

Sounds like an absolute pain. sad.png

Is there any way I can avoid taking the CFO? e.g. if I have a EAD/AP card or conditional green card when I visit Manila? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?

If you wait until you have your green card the CFO sticker is not required to exit the Philippines. CFO is required for exiting immigrants, once you have your green card you are no longer an immigrant. ;):thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

If you wait until you have your green card the CFO sticker is not required to exit the Philippines. CFO is required for exiting immigrants, once you have your green card you are no longer an immigrant. wink.pnggood.gif

Thanks again. I'll probably meet up with my mom in Hong Kong until I have the GC sorted out.

I hate how they have these arbitrary rules for exiting Filipinos. ranting33va.gif

Timeline

Ya CFO sucks for sure.... just think about the people that get to the airport and are turned away because they were not aware of CFO... happens almost daily.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds like an absolute pain. sad.png

Yup, it is a pain :( I stood outside for 3 hours straight with no sleep. I was ready to pass out by 6am. Again, make sure you have all the requirements because they don't care if your flight is today or tomorrow. If the facilitator says you can't go, you can't go. Good luck! It'll be over before you know it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.