sarina

AOS interview and EAD question

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I have 2 questions.

1. Do all AOS interview have request for initial interview written on the notice?

2. I am going to hit my 90 day from the date of filing for EAD and was planning to go to the local office and see if i can get the EAD card but someone told me that it is 90 days from the date of fingerprint. Is that true???

Edited by sarina

Sarina, not sure about the initial interview phrasing - I didn't have an interview - but I HAVE heard it mentioned lots of times by other posters, so it must be fairly standard.

As for the EAD and 90 days ........ well in a nutshell, different offices interpret it in different ways. Some do it from the NOA date and others from biometrics. If your local office is not too far away, I would make an infopass appointment to check on it.

Which IS your local office? Someone else may be able to help out more accurately.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Hi all,

I have 2 questions.

1. Do all AOS interview have request for initial interview written on the notice?

2. I am going to hit my 90 day from the date of filing for EAD and was planning to go to the local office and see if i can get the EAD card but someone told me that it is 90 days from the date of fingerprint. Is that true???

1. Yes, they state that its a request for an initial interview.

2. It's 90 days from your first notice of action for your EAD card, not the biometrics date. Therefore, you can plan to make an infopass appointment as soon as your 90 days are up.

District Office: Newark, NJ

11/28/05 Mailed I-485 to Chicago Lockbox

12/06/05 Rcvd. 3 NOA - I-765/I-130/I-485

12/17/05 Rcvd. Biometrics Appt for 12/27/05

12/28/05 "Last Updated" Date on USCIS Website Updated to 12/27/2005

01/13/06 Rcvd. Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview for March 15, 2006

02/19/06 Rcvd. EAD

03/15/06 AOS Interview - APPROVED!

03/18/06 Rcvd. Welcome Letter

03/18/06 Rcvd. Physical Greencard. Journey is Over..almost!

12/20/07 Sent I-751 Application Via Certified Mail to VSC

01/07/08 Rcvd. NOA1 for Fee Rcvd.

01/27/08 I-130 Application "Touched"

01/28/08 Rcvd. Biometrics Appt for 02/22/08

02/25/08 I-751 Application "Touched"

03/09/08 I-130 Application "Touched"

03/23/08 I-130 Application "Touched"

11/15/08 Rcvd. Approval Notice Stating Actual Card to Come in 60 Days

Filed: Timeline

THANK YOU GUYS... Its just that there is this office here where all they do is fill out immigration forms and they have been in business for 10 yrs.. and most of the time there information is 100 percent accurate. They told me its from the finger print date so i was getting a little worried. I don't want to take the time and go to the houston local office cause it takes for ever and then they turn me away..... as u can see My AOS interview is coming up so i m hoping and praying that i don't need my EAD but still u never know..

Edited by sarina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Some DO's do not consider an application "complete" without the fingerprints, so you may find it IS 90 days from your biometrics. All you can do is ask...

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Timeline

Hi all,

I have 2 questions.

1. Yes, they state that its a request for an initial interview.

2. It's 90 days from your first notice of action for your EAD card, not the biometrics date. Therefore, you can plan to make an infopass appointment as soon as your 90 days are up.

Sarina,

Yes... all AOS interview notices are for "Initial Interview". it just covers them in the event that they wish to hold out on approving you for some reason. My AOS wasn't approved at the interview but I received an email notification a couple of days later stating I'd been approved and my green card was in the mail.

Skoopie,

From personal experience I can tell you that even though the USCIS's own guidelines state that an interim EAD can be issued on the 91st day after the NOA date, some offices interpret the guidelines differently and argue that an EAD application is not properly filed UNTIL biometrics have been taken.

Sarina,

By all means go ahead and arrange an infopass appointment anytime from the 91st day after your NOA. However, be aware that even after showing the officer at your local office a printout from the USCIS website, they may still, in rare cases tell you to come back on the 91st day after your biometrics !!

Best of luck

Mark

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Timeline

Sarina,

He may have to wait but that doesn't mean he will have to wait...

You have nothing to lose by making an infopass appointment and asking for the interim EAD. Your local office might be able to interpret the instructions correctly and therefore you won't have a problem. I just wanted you to be aware that while most offices won't have a problem issuing an interim EAD on the 91st day after your NOA, some might.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.