ricewanted

K-1 & ustraveldocs.com issue (HCM or elsewhere?)

6 posts in this topic

Hi, does anyone experience this?

My fiancee completed & passed her interview on Feb 2014, received Blue paper for submitting additional documents by VN gov't. On the day she submitted the required documents, she received a while paper state "visa approval" and instructions to "register address for visa" on USTRAVELDOCS. They took her passport & state it will be deliver to her designated address.

Currently, I'm helping her to register. I found out there is no K-1 category under "Register Address for IV".

I even tried to submit a "visa application/schedule interview" to see how it goes, but it won't let me go pass the "Visa Fees Receipt #". Regardless how many combination I enter the "receipt#" my fiancee provided. The receipt # is in format X-1234678-YYYY. I tried:

X-1234678-YYYY

X1234678YYYY

1234678-YYYY

1234678YYYY

X1234678

None of the combination number went through. mad.gifNo valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for.

What should we do now? Thanks.

FYI Mods: please keep this thread & delete the other duplicate thread within K-1 Discussions. Link to:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you ask me that whole new webbsite is a piece of #######. After my wife's IR-1 visa approval (Feb 25th) they directed us to the usdocs website to enter our address for the visa delivery and we could also track it that way too. However, we were never able to track it, check it's status or anything. It kept saying no valid record found. So we had to call the hotline number they also gave us and talk to a real person. They had to re-enter our address and told us it would be delivered the next day, which it finally was. Obviously the website it not working properly yet. You might be best to call the hotline and speak with someone

11-28-2010 - Married

USCIS:
03/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
03/18/2013 - NOA1

06/05/2013 RFE issued

06/25/2013 RFE recieved in mail

06/28/2013 RFE requested docs. sent to USCIS from abroad

07/08/2013 RFE entered into USCIS system as received and "RFE Review" status online

07/16/2013 NOA2 received by email

07/19/2013 Email from USCIS stating case file has been sent to NVC

07/27/2013 Hard copy of NOA2 recieved abroad (Vietnam) by mail

NVC:
08/02/2013 Received NVC case number via email

08/02/2013 Sent DS-3032 via emial

08/05/2013 Paid AOS ($88) fee

08/19/2013 DS-3032 accepted by NVC

08/26/2013 Paid IV ($230) fee

09/04/2013 Completed new DS-260 Online in place of the old (DS-230 paper form)

09/10/2013 I-864 Sent

10/04/2013 Check list

11/02/2013 Check list

12/14/2013 Case Complete

12/30/2013 Interview Scheduled for Feb 25 2014

US Consulate HCMC, Vietnam

02/25/2014 I-R1 Immigrant Visa interview (APPROVED!!)

03/06/2014 Visa delivered

I am not surprised as the new ustraveldocs website is managed by the Stanley group, which is a subsidiary of GGI, who is behind the failed Obamacare website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The MRV receipt number should be just 14 digits number, no letter whatsoever..

Edited by picabu

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ustraveldocs site is a mess for China folk - I'm not surprised it's a mess for you fellas.

Still, there's a hotline # to call, might have to punch through to get a human, foiling a AVR system to reach a human.

I have foiled that AVR system for China many, many times....

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks all. I just got off with a lady name Cindy inquiry about my question.

K-1 falls under IV. But currently K-1 is not as an option to click/select in "IV Register Address" (within ustraveldocs). The steps are:

- visit ustraveldocs, create account.

- create profile then click Update Profile.

- New Application -> IV Register Adress -> choose whatever related to marriage (find spouse/spousal word)

- Fill out form until Confirmation page. Print or save as PDF for record(?)

Occasionally visit https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/, check if the visa is Ready (which means "not ready"). And whenever:

if you notice "ISSUED"

Then ustraveldocs will have information about delivery. That's all I know as of this point. Hoped the visa will be deliver soon.

Edited: the receipt # problem is different, due to my fiancee fall into the grandfathered & transitional process. That # on our receipt was invalid, with the old system.

Edited by ricewanted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.