AMartellnow

5+ Weeks after AOS interview. No decision yet

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

we had out interview Jan 27th at san jose california local office. In which the officer mentioned that the I693 was not completely filled out by the civil surgeon. We asked her if we should submit the document again. She said no to that but she will give a call to the doctor to check about the results. After 2 weeks from this we received an NOID ( Notice of Intent to deny) unless we submit the correctly filled out i693 again.

As anyone received NOID before? How long does it take to process it. I would like to hear from you folks your advice. I'm not sure what I can do at this stage. I have sent the correct one 30 days ago and have not heard from USCIS. The online status is still under Interview :( :(

Guys PLEASE HELP!

I had to deal with a similar issue during my interview. One of the boxes on the I-693 was not properly ticked which would have caused us an RFE and unknown delays. We requested the IO to give us 'till the end of the day to comply as the surgeon's office was only about 30 minutes away. He then gave us a sealed letter to give to the surgeon and sent us on our way. We headed to the clinic, had it done (surgeon wrote on the amended form, stamped and signed that specific portion) and submitted it via the window at the ground floor of the Immigration building on the same day. Within the hour, we received a notice of approval.

I was of the impression that the letter the IO gave us to give to the civil surgeon was an RFE that had a compliance date of 3 months from issue. We were expected to hand the completed forms by March 3, 2014 or risk a denial of the application. Since we complied within the day, we were approved instantly. I am assuming it is the same case for you. I am not sure what you should do at this point except to comply with the RFE and submit a copy of the completed I-693. Note that it should be signed and sealed at the civil surgeon's office. As soon as you have the completed forms with you, get an appointment with the Immigration Office and hand deliver it personally. Good luck!

Sein oder Nichtsein, das ist heir die Frage.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so glad it all worked out for you on the same day.

Unfortunately in our case, even though I asked the Officer if I should submit the form again. She said No.. She said she will just give a call to the surgeon and clear it out. So we did not really worry. She wanted us to drop off my transcripts the same day, she gave me a chit to do that. So we assumed everything was fine.

But getting NOID after two weeks was shocking to both of us. :( we sent the sealed form immediately from the doctor. But our case is not moving fwd at all.

My greatest fear is that they will deny out application because of the mistake on civil surgeon :(

If you don't mind my asking-- what did the NOID letter say? Are you adjusting from K1 and if so have a previously filled DS-3025?

I'm adjusting from H1B. The NOID stated the full details of what I693 requires. And although the fault was with the surgeon who did not fill out the information properly. The burden was upon us to submit the information correctly within the 30days or our application will be denied. :(

You can comply with the NOID and get another copy of the I-693 filled out. If it is just a matter of completing the form and not an issue with missing vaccinations or complying with other medical exam requirements, getting the civil surgeon to fill the form should do the trick. He should be able to do this for you for free and it is just a matter of filing the form and sealing it for USCIS. Then get an info pass appointment to submit the paper personally. Don't wait to send it in the mail because time is of the essence. I know you said you already sent a copy in the mail and if they'd received it there would not have been reason to issue you a NOID.

Good luck and let us know how it pans out. BTW, here is a link on making an infopass appointment:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Had out Info pass session today. The officer who helped us just put a stamp on the NOID copy we had taken and told us we will get it in 30days. I feel like this is a standard response they give. Which was the exact same thing they told us 30days before. The officer said the Director has to stamp the case to approve it and he was in an interview and He told her that he would approve it. Some how this does not make me very happy cause I feel like they will forget our case and we will return for another info pass session in 30days :(

Yeah, that sounds pretty standard. Did they confirm receipt of your I-693 thought? Or did you have to hand them a new one? If they already have it, there should be no reason for them to make you wait another 30 days for an approval. I am hopeful you'll get the text/email in a couple of days and you'll be breathing a sigh of relief soon. Keep us posted!

When we specifically asked if they had received the I693, the officer helping us hesitated like she had no idea. She instead told us that they must have gotten it because the director told her that he will approve the case :( I feel like the infopass is just a sham by USCIS. They do not even make a obvious effort to help the case move forward or provide the right information. At this point I have lost all hope :(

I thought this day would never come. My husband just checked the status and told me that our card was in production. I check several times everyday and my husband is the one to give me the news .. Anyway I want to thank you for your support. Hope I receive my card soon. :D I feel like all my worries have ended,

For those of you who may face the same problem as me. We also contacted the congressmen to inquire about our case. The congressman on wednesday told us that he has launched a status check and would update us. Also we had an info pass on tuesday. It could be both the officer and the congressmen but finally after 2-3 days our status has changed to "In Production"

I thought this day would never come. My husband just checked the status and told me that our card was in production. I check several times everyday and my husband is the one to give me the news .. Anyway I want to thank you for your support. Hope I receive my card soon. biggrin.png I feel like all my worries have ended,

For those of you who may face the same problem as me. We also contacted the congressmen to inquire about our case. The congressman on wednesday told us that he has launched a status check and would update us. Also we had an info pass on tuesday. It could be both the officer and the congressmen but finally after 2-3 days our status has changed to "In Production"

That's awesome news! You will probably have your card within a week after your status changes and/or the notice is sent through email and text. You can finally be done with AOS and the immigration process, for now at least. smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.